Vodafone McLaren Team 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ianwit

Re: Vodafone McLaren MP4-27 Mercedes

Long session in the garage, perhaps they're putting the snow plough back on :wink:
Became a McLaren fan in the late 70's when I ended up laminating their Kevlar nosecones.

beelsebob

ianwit wrote:Long session in the garage, perhaps they're putting the snow plough back on :wink:
Or just continuing to deal with their problems with destroying the floor yesterday.

Or putting the B spec package on the car... You'd kinda expect them to do that over night though.

mozza_84

Just read up that mclaren are bolting on there updates later today or tmz.

murtoidf1

beelsebob wrote:
ianwit wrote:Long session in the garage, perhaps they're putting the snow plough back on :wink:
Or just continuing to deal with their problems with destroying the floor yesterday.

Or putting the B spec package on the car... You'd kinda expect them to do that over night though.
Thought they solved the floor issues ?

tinvek

murtoidf1 wrote:
beelsebob wrote:

Thought they solved the floor issues ?

bit of confusion yesterday, some reports that mclaren's exhaust was destroying the floor, others that they were just doing their usual "dentists drill" work on it as they altered it for new parts, god knows what the real situation was and he's under a non disclosure agreement :D

Javert

Or the ... Octobox :cry:

I'm not concerned about MP4-27 reliability as they proved they have a 'working' base design last test ... At least they can mount that in Melbourne and get some points
The only new pieces since now are the diffuser and the removal of snow plough, doubt they can cause reliability disasters :mrgreen:

beelsebob

The lack of running today is not caused by anything exciting like new parts being put on... Instead, there's a hydraulics issue that they're having to fix.

Muulka

Why's Button always going through the corners with his DRS open? Seems strange to me...

Owen.C93

Muulka wrote:Why's Button always going through the corners with his DRS open? Seems strange to me...
Because we keep using the same image :P
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

Princey

Owen.C93 wrote:
Muulka wrote:Why's Button always going through the corners with his DRS open? Seems strange to me...
Haha :)
Don't Kanye me. Or I'll Chris Brown you and Tiger Woods your mother.

edmundane

Princey wrote:
Owen.C93 wrote:
Haha :)
first post here. maybe they've found too much downforce at the back? :lol:
anyway i think that's probably involuntary and caused the hydraulic problem? does mclaren use hydraulics for DRS?

Shakeman

edmundane wrote:
first post here. maybe they've found too much downforce at the back? :lol:
anyway i think that's probably involuntary and caused the hydraulic problem? does mclaren use hydraulics for DRS?
DRS fails safe in the closed position.

NathanOlder

Good spot, Mclaren looked fast today, despite not doing anything like a Qualifying Run. Lets see a Mclaren front row in australia. Its been a while since we last saw that. 2007 maybe ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Blackout

NathanOlder wrote:Good spot, Mclaren looked fast today, despite not doing anything like a Qualifying Run. Lets see a Mclaren front row in australia. Its been a while since we last saw that. 2007 maybe ?

Button did 3 consecutive single lapped runs today and that's when he scored his best time

beelsebob

Pup wrote:She's a beauty.
Yep, McLaren absolutely 100% take the most beautiful car prize for the year.