Red Bull Racing 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
munudeges
munudeges

Re: Red Bull Racing 2012

I would not want to be in any other car than a low nose Red Bull with an all-new Renault V6.

bhall
bhall

stefan_ wrote:INFINITI TO BECOME TITLE PARTNER OF RED BULL RACING From 2013

[...]
So, does this mean that Red Bull's powertrain development with Infiniti (which is essentially Renault) will sit outside the RRA the same way chassis development from "supplier" Red Bull Technology sits outside the RRA?

astracrazy
astracrazy

highly likely

munudeges
munudeges

The same way that Mercedes High Performance Engines and the Mercedes organisation itself sits outside the RRA and the same way Fiat and McLaren Automotive sits outside it.

I keep hearing all these excuses to support what other teams have or haven't been doing - Red Bull have more people or Red Bull are spending 300 million Euros, which is just ridiculous - but the fact is that they've just been doing a better job then anyone else.

marcush.
marcush.

I have to say Webber did position himself very bad right from the end of Q3 stating he´d do his own race...hey even Schumacher said he would do everything to not get into the ways of the two title contenders and he let Vettel pass when he was closing in on him...
Webber squeezed off Vettel after the staart and in effect triggered Vettels fate in the following corner...myohmy ..I certainly would not have kept the Aussie in this team as he is not really a team player -and look at the final standings -he is no match for Vettel on consistency over a year.Bring on Kobayashi!

RB7ate9
RB7ate9

marcush. wrote:I have to say Webber did position himself very bad right from the end of Q3 stating he´d do his own race...hey even Schumacher said he would do everything to not get into the ways of the two title contenders and he let Vettel pass when he was closing in on him...
Webber squeezed off Vettel after the staart and in effect triggered Vettels fate in the following corner...myohmy ..I certainly would not have kept the Aussie in this team as he is not really a team player -and look at the final standings -he is no match for Vettel on consistency over a year.Bring on Kobayashi!
Now that Inifiniti is a title sponsor?! Interesting....

Bit I still think Webber is a better investment than Kamui.

FoxHound

How is Webber to blame for Vettels mishaps?

Webber is a racer first and foremost, at the start of a gp with your team mate 12 points ahead of Alonso, the most help he can give Vettel is by finishing ahead of Alonso. Ridiculous to try and paint webber as some kind of destructive influence at red bull.
JET set

Cam

Well done Red Bull and congrats to Vettel

Not only have Red Bull had to beat all the drivers and teams, they've also had to overcome a concerted effort to hobble the car through adjusted regulations and 'clarifications', both at the end of each season and through the year. To have their EBD removed this year certainly damaged them more than any other team. Remember the FIA deliberately did this to close up the pack knowing full well how it would impact them - so with this factored, to win 3 straight now is an amazing result, well deserved and certainly an inspiration to others to never give up - even when you're last and facing the wrong way with a chunk missing!!
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

LionKing
LionKing

marcush. wrote:I have to say Webber did position himself very bad right from the end of Q3 stating he´d do his own race...hey even Schumacher said he would do everything to not get into the ways of the two title contenders and he let Vettel pass when he was closing in on him...
I totally agree.

He squeezed his teammmate while letting the Ferraris on the outside :) Webber could have just taken the outside line and both he and Vettel would have gone through T1 and T2 without losing momentum and places.

If I was team owner, I would have the probably dismissed him too. It is not even an issue of teammate rivalry, disliking each other etc. The last race of the season, championship on the line, it puts everyones effort in RBR to jeopardy. Compared this to how Ferrari operates, using Massa like a doormat for Alonso.

I also read somewhere that Massa has been warned by race control over antics at Brasil race. Does anyone know whether this is true at all or just like SKY's yellow flag? I hate it when someone just takes internet gossip as plain truth so I don't want to do the same....

beelsebob
beelsebob

LionKing wrote:
I totally agree.

He squeezed his teammmate while letting the Ferraris on the outside :) Webber could have just taken the outside line and both he and Vettel would have gone through T1 and T2 without losing momentum and places.

If I was team owner, I would have the probably dismissed him too. It is not even an issue of teammate rivalry, disliking each other etc. The last race of the season, championship on the line, it puts everyones effort in RBR to jeopardy. Compared this to how Ferrari operates, using Massa like a doormat for Alonso.

I also read somewhere that Massa has been warned by race control over antics at Brasil race. Does anyone know whether this is true at all or just like SKY's yellow flag? I hate it when someone just takes internet gossip as plain truth so I don't want to do the same....
To be fair, if webber had taken the wide line, Massa would have gone inside him, and that's potentially even worse... now you're going into the 1st corner 3 abreast, with the other title contender's team mate right next to you squeezing you in.

gandharva

Infinity Red Bull Racing 2013

Last edited by gandharva on 28 Nov 2012, 12:00, edited 3 times in total.

raymondu999

Re: Infinity Red Bull Racing 2013

Interesting. Brings him up to equal contract length as Alnso (not implying a link)
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

kaepernickus

gandharva wrote:According to austrian media Vettel, Newey and Horner extend contract up to 2016.

http://sport.oe24.at/motorsport/Sebasti ... l/86451623
http://www.bild.de/sport/motorsport/seb ... .bild.html

Translation: http://translate.google.de/translate?hl ... 2F86451623

Never ever call "BILD" an austrian media again, it's bad enough we already have oe24... :lol:

gandharva

Did I? Don't think so. Original source is http://sport.oe24.at. Austrian media.

kaepernickus

gandharva wrote:Did I? Don't think so. Original source is http://sport.oe24.at. Austrian media.
yeah okay BILD got it from oe24...

I only saw "... Austrian media ..." and the BILD-link below :D

Think it's a logical move for both sides. Red Bull is (one of) the best team(s) right now and Vettel still might join Ferrari (if he wants to drive for a "storied team") when he's about 30 years old.