Red Bull Racing 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mozza_84

Re: Red Bull RB8 Renault

Neno wrote:
Nando wrote:Double DRS is an innovative solution that we probably haven´t seen it´s full potential of should it stay legal for next year.
Imagine Newey with a fresh piece of paper exploring the D-DRS system :)
why [frick] Newey must be only innovative enginner in F1. DDRS was Mercedes system creation, but you only mention [frick] Newey who have nothing with them, then Lotus created their own original creation of similar system, maybe even better then Mercedes, but you want now Newey too get fresh piece of paper... this not only apply on on DDRS or new special F-duct Lotus, why [frick] Newey must be only enginner to make you orgasm.
I had to lol at this statement cause your correct in everyway you forgot to mention the double diffuser newey certainly didn't come up with that one and the macca f duct. Not everything created in f1 is a newey idea lets face it the original rb8 didn't even have the exhaust system it has till he seen what macca and sauber did. :lol:

turbof1

mozza_84 wrote:
Neno wrote:
Nando wrote:Double DRS is an innovative solution that we probably haven´t seen it´s full potential of should it stay legal for next year.
Imagine Newey with a fresh piece of paper exploring the D-DRS system :)
why [frick] Newey must be only innovative enginner in F1. DDRS was Mercedes system creation, but you only mention [frick] Newey who have nothing with them, then Lotus created their own original creation of similar system, maybe even better then Mercedes, but you want now Newey too get fresh piece of paper... this not only apply on on DDRS or new special F-duct Lotus, why [frick] Newey must be only enginner to make you orgasm.
I had to lol at this statement cause your correct in everyway you forgot to mention the double diffuser newey certainly didn't come up with that one and the macca f duct. Not everything created in f1 is a newey idea lets face it the original rb8 didn't even have the exhaust system it has till he seen what macca and sauber did. :lol:
Infact the only really significant aero concept Newey introduced was the high nose; EBDs were used long before Newey came up with it.
#AeroFrodo

markp

Newey did not introduce the high nose. Tyrell were first I think and Newey never designed a Tyrell. Benneton and Brawn beat him to dodgy traction control mapping as well.

Huntresa

markp wrote:Newey did not introduce the high nose. Tyrell were first I think and Newey never designed a Tyrell. Benneton and Brawn beat him to dodgy traction control mapping as well.
Wasnt it Benetton who did high nose first in modern F1?

alogoc

simulator adjustment???
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

Nando

Looks like a new fresh laserscan or similar type of scan.
Strange since i thought all teams already had data available for all tracks on the calendar except the new ones.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

red300zx99

alogoc wrote:simulator adjustment???
[img]http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg875/scaled ... ze=640[img]
New tarmac maybe?
gridmotorsports.com

Cam

That's my bet. Probably made some tweaks to either software or hardware and are getting additional data to verify. You would think developing that simulator would almost be as aggressive as the car itself.

Any idea which track it is? If it's an existing track they've run on, verification, if a it's track to come, maybe more mapping :mrgreen:
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

Hail22

Cam wrote:

Any idea which track it is? If it's an existing track they've run on, verification, if a it's track to come, maybe more mapping :mrgreen:
Hungary-Hungaroring
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Nando

Re: Red Bull Racing 2012

Verification of what?

Tracks are laserscanned with LIDAR from what i understand. Laserscanning = carbon copy of the real track.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Kiril Varbanov

The Red Bull F1 Running Showcar plays US national anthem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZIUGreqrCY

turbof1

markp wrote:Newey did not introduce the high nose. Tyrell were first I think and Newey never designed a Tyrell. Benneton and Brawn beat him to dodgy traction control mapping as well.
yeah I might have to correct myself. Tyrell indeed developed the concept; Newey only took it to the extreme in 2009, but even then he was not the only one (I believe force india had a higher nose).
#AeroFrodo

RB7ate9

If I were sitting with Horner, Newey, DM, and Marko after today's race and asked me for advice (I'm still waiting for their phone call...), I would tell them to throw it into Red Bull 2011 gear for the remaining races.

What that means, essentially, is to tune the car to its maximum in Vettel's favor in terms of car performance and handling. Give him the best strategy, give him the newest bits, and test variables on Webber's car so that Vettel can get the maximum points for the WDC and the WCC. Webber, in turn, will be asked more to keep everyone else at bay, trying to fill out the podium or keep Alonso off it.

This pretty much throws Webber under the bus in terms of the championship, but, strictly speaking in season-winning terms, this is how it has to go. Webber will asked to provide more in terms of data and different setups to help Vettel, with what Vettel has going to Webber (if at all).

29 points separate Alonso from Vettel. 62 points separate Alonso from Webber (3 race wins, 4 second places, or 6 third places, all without Alonso getting any points). If Red Bull want to continue at least one of their streaks, it has to be 2011-level dedication and lop-sided teammate performance.

munudeges

Webber's had his chances, it has to be said.

RB7ate9

munudeges wrote:Webber's had his chances, it has to be said.
No doubt. I'm a huge Webber fan, but he had the chance to really string together solid results after both Monaco and Silverstone. After today, and considering what I said before, I doubt he can make another win happen, not with so much still on the line.