Lotus F1 Team 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Neno

Re: Lotus F1 Team 2012

I dont know why would Raikonnen sign extension of contract on one more year, if someone owes him money?

stefan_

Kimi has just signed a new contract, and as far as I am concerned I think that no one would sign an extension to an existing contract if there are previous debts.

Let's enjoy the moment and let shitty rumours aside for now.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

ParanoiD

If they don't re-sign Grosjean, I want a pay driver or someone who can bring much money to the team.
So that can use it to develop an even better car for next year (as Kimi said that their development was budget limited)

It would be a mutual advantage, pay driver will get a good car and can learn from Kimi, the team will get the money to develop the car, Kimi will just drive to deliver...

=D>
Ay Carumba!

siskue2005

I really hope Kimi wins the championship next year
With the reactive brake suspension gizmo, lotus would have been in the fight for WDC

siskue2005

What are they showing in their pit board?
P1
RAI
4-1. 2 ?

What is 4-1 2?

stefan_

If it is a pay driver like Senna, bring it on. If it is a pay driver like Maldonado, no thank you.
This discussion is useless anyway, as I am 99% sure that Grosjean will stay in 2013, and it is OK for him to stay. He did a great race yesterday until Checo went nuts again.

The pit board should have been like "P1 - RAI - 4-11-12 (the date)", but probably some of the characters were lost in that semi-chaos :)
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

ParanoiD

yeah, Senna was exactly on top of my mind. How great is to have 2 big names for the team.But yeah, agreed, Grosjean will do. He is fast, just that he is fragile, which can be improved hopefully.
Ay Carumba!

MarkedOne8

Pay driver in Lotus?That sounds interesting.Maldonado with his 40+ millions is the best one.I don't know for the others.They will probably sign Grosjean, but to be honest, he was counter-productive for the team.His DNFs maybe costed the team third or even second position in WCC standings.If the difference between the 10th and 11th position in WCC is worth 10 millions, just imagine what could it be from 4th to 3rd or maybe from 4th to 2nd.He is a good guy aside from the track, but on the track... he was in the first part of the season slightly faster than Kimi in Qualifying sessions, but no more.There are many more
cost-effective drivers waiting for their opportunities.
Fernando Alonso is the best pay-to-drive driver in F1 with the biggest amount of money behind him.
http://f1bias.com/2012/04/05/truth-abou ... nder-2008/

Joie de vivre

siskue2005 wrote:What are they showing in their pit board?
P1
RAI
4-1. 2 ?

What is 4-1 2?
The man is holding #1 in his hands ... he took it from 11, which means 4th of November

About 2, #1 in his hands could also be in the middle of 1 and 2, which means November '12

Just guessing.

Glyn

ParanoiD wrote:yeah, Senna was exactly on top of my mind. How great is to have 2 big names for the team.But yeah, agreed, Grosjean will do. He is fast, just that he is fragile, which can be improved hopefully.
Grosjean has had two chances in F1 now. He just isn't up to scratch.

He needs to be kicked out ASAP.

munudeges

Glyn wrote:Grosjean has had two chances in F1 now. He just isn't up to scratch.
Pretty much what I said months ago. Leopards just don't change their spots I'm afraid, especially when they're 26. Even in his GP2 season the signs were there.

He's one of those drivers that looks fast but he just can't maintain it. As he's made mistakes and then been more conservative to iron that out he's then lost a lot of his speed as a result. It's happened to countless drivers in the past and Grosjean is no different. It's noticeable how the (fake) smile has disappeared more and he's started to look much more under pressure as he did when he drove for Renault.

ParanoiD

One thing I forgot to mention, Is Procter & Gamble William's sponsor or Senna's?
If Senna's then it would be unlikely as Lotus had Unilever as their sponsor.
Ay Carumba!

CHT
CHT

Kimi post race interview gave me the impression that the stakeholders of the team is reluctant to pump in more resources and Lotus (the car manufacturer) involvement in this team is insignificant.

for next year it will be better if Lotus (car maker) is sold to a more cash rich car manufacturer, perhaps a Japanese company like Honda or Toyota, so that they can buy a direct stake into the F1 team.

stefan_

The F1 team is (or could be) clearly a good marketing tool for Lotus at the moment, because the team did good and the exposure is enormous. I would pump some money in the F1 team if I had the resources.

MarkedOne8

The Lotus car manufacturer is now in better position.They are receiving something for giving almost nothing.If Honda can get some interests in it, that would be awesome.As a fan, I don't care what the name is.They really need to solve that once and for all.To know what their name is, who is in charge, etc...

About Grosjean, I don't know what they are waiting for.As I said, he had an advantage over Kimi in qualifying, but in races he would either crash or be overtaken by Kimi because Kimi is faster in races.He is 26.Not the youngest, neither the most prospective driver.If I was in charge in Lotus, I would take pay-to-drive driver.Yes, it's hard to say, but I would do it I think.Look at Maldonado.He is crasher, but not good enough crasher to receive ban.I still think he is more agressive and bigger crasher than Grosjean.The difference is that Maldonado crashes others and continues the race but Grosjean crashes the others and himselft too.There are many younger and even more talented drivers like Alguersuari, Di Resta, some GP2/GP3 drivers... I don't care who will be the second driver.As a fan, I'm concerned about Kimi, their #1 driver.They need money so they can develop better car.They really know to build a good car.Lotus is about 3-4 tenths of a second slower than Red Bull in Q.Reduce that gap for about 2 tenths because RB will not have DDRS in 2013.Cut the gap there and there and you will have at least a car tied for 2nd in WCC.Really important thing is that Kimi won't have problems with steering.That costed him at least few points or tenths in Qs.If they can improve exhaust to cut the gap for one more tenth, that would be awesome.Of course the other top teams will improve too, but I think this car, E20, has more space for improvement than others.
Fernando Alonso is the best pay-to-drive driver in F1 with the biggest amount of money behind him.
http://f1bias.com/2012/04/05/truth-abou ... nder-2008/