Lotus F1 Team 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Gridlock

Re: Lotus E20 Renault

They've historically been very good at running exotic systems which only come to light much later, if at all (Alonso 2005-06, MSC 1994 etc). I strongly suspect this is the case with the E20, but fair play to them.

feni_remmen

Re: Lotus F1 Team 2012

I'd found myself eternally frustrated that the Lotus name was back in F1, mostly because I don't think you can buy a name and become the team (as it was). I would be offended if someone called their team Tyrrell or Brabham. Interestingly though, just as I found myself appreciating Tony Fernandez for his efforts to turn his team into Lotus, I am starting to soften to the idea that Toleman/Benetton/Renault should become Lotus. Somehow this group of people and the heritage they carry seems well qualified to become Lotus. The team that is Toleman/Benetton/Renault have a great record in F1 it's a shame they have been sold so often that their heritage is not quite as visible as Williams. for example (I am not trying to say they are as successful).
It's not perfect and hopefully they end up with a firm and definite link to the road car company along similar lines to Ferrari. That would make them a much more legitimate carrier of such a famous name... I hope what I say makes sense.

nacho

Despite not winning, I think Lotus has been the only consistantly fast car of the first races.

Blackout

stefan_

Really like Kimi's JH helmet.

The Angry Birds nosecone.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

SeijaKessen

I am in love with that helmet...I absolutely loved James Hunt's helmet.

I hope Kimi wins now just based on that. :lol:

xDama

It's an absolute beauty. It's a stunning combination with the retro Lotus-livery. If Kimi wins this weekend, it would be soooo amazing!

There's a chance, c'mon!
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

siskue2005

fantastic looking, black car and black helmet =D>
IMO he should make it his permanent helmet :)

waynes

does anyone have a hi-res of Kimi's JH helmet?

its the second best ever!! (after Ayrton's)

stefan_

They posted some photos of the helmet on their Facebook page. Check them out.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

ArchAngel

Unless conditions are vastly different on Sunday compared to Thursday, I wouldn't bet against an E20 emerging as the 6th new winner in 6 races.

AnthonyG

ArchAngel wrote: Unless conditions are vastly different on Sunday compared to Thursday, I wouldn't bet against an E20 emerging as the 6th new winner in 6 races.
Well it's not as if the car hasn't shown it will be a worthy winner.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

nacho

Qualifying doesn't seem to be the strong point for this car.

govind112

It didn't seem to work with the super soft tyres for some reason...
Doing It Again 2014

nacho

Kimi says he couldn't get tires working properly. Maybe the tire saving thing goes hand in hand with this car, their strength in saving tires in races 'causes problems to get them working in qualifying. The opposite with Mercedes.