Sauber 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Joie de vivre

Re: Sauber 2012

I'm glad Hulk left that team and joined Sauber. Wish him all the best.

ArchAngel

Since the last few races, this team has been trying real hard not to overtake Merc for 5th place in the WDC standings...

banibhusan

I see a couple of mistakes by Perez and Kobayashi that cost them significant championship points.

KATO

No kidding no excuses PEREZ could should have re entered the track safely and then faught again for the overtake.. He would have caught up to them by the next turn and been fighting for points still... Instead he just turned himself into a back marker. Stupid driving in a moment of brilliance... Turned stupid.

Also I already want to know who will be Hulks official teammate..
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

marcush.

I think perez will shine in those last two remaining races -on quasi home soil.
It is really surprising how they did not manage to overtake MGP in the standings .The car is clearly good enough far better then w03.

KATO

Sauber need to overtake Mercedez I won't be happy with this season if they don't.. Because its a task they can and must achieve..
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

astracrazy

i was surprised to hear in the press conference that sauber don't have a simulator, i would have thought that being the old bmw team they would.

KATO

I'm sad that Perez hasn't kept up a strong end of season.. It seems Sauber couldn't continue their development of the Sauber C31 well let's hope the C32 is amazing..

They should adapt some of the stuff McLaren has on their side pods and and maybe spend more time on creating a stable car.. Wings both rear and front to take to each event and be able to test at each circuit and find that wing that best adapts the car to each track.. Witmarsh said that with the current rules you can't really develop the cars anymore.. Also it's a waste with the engine switch in 2014.. So it's best to work on wings.. Maybe make the car more like Lotus.. Have two systems you can run on.. One with their coanda effect greatly develops like they now have and one that is meant for engine efficiency like the Lotus.. Some tracks it's better to extract all the raw Horse power you can out of them like Williams and Lotus have done.. But idk.....
__Ayrton Senna

Intego

"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

stefan_

I was expecting the driver announcement to be made by Monisha.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Intego

And she won't be amused that he blabbed it. :lol:
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

KATO

Intego wrote:And she won't be amused that he blabbed it. :lol:
He doesn't care she can't do him anything except complain to Witmarsh his new Principal...
__Ayrton Senna

Absolutelee

This truly saddens me. It's probably good for Sauber in the long run because they need the money, but I really like Kobayashi. I think he's a talented and exciting driver, and a great personality to have around the paddock. I will miss seeing 'The Kobayashi Kiss' as he passes people.

Forza

Sauber confirms Gutierrez for 2013 with Frijns as reserve driver
OfficialSF1Team wrote:Our driver line-up is set for 2013: @EstebanGtz is confirmed as our second driver alongside #HUL. @RFrijns becomes test and reserve driver. The entire team wants to thank @kamui_kobayashi! He is not only a fierce competitor on the track, but also a wonderful person! Link

KATO

Forza wrote:Sauber confirms Gutierrez for 2013 with Frijns as reserve driver
OfficialSF1Team wrote:Our driver line-up is set for 2013: @EstebanGtz is confirmed as our second driver alongside #HUL. @RFrijns becomes test and reserve driver. The entire team wants to thank @kamui_kobayashi! He is not only a fierce competitor on the track, but also a wonderful person! Link

An amazing read kind of sad but this is racing.
Hulk has skill and experience great talent and is a future prospect for top team such as Ferrari, Mercedez ,and Lotus so he's a good bet. You can always use an experienced driver on yore team when you take in a new one. Esteban has great talent and while we all know money placed him in his seat we still have to see how this all turns out. Hopefully Esteban shines stil and we see a great driver like Perez and not a pay Driver like some others we've seen... I wish Esteban success and I hope this pair can outshine Kamui and Perez next year in results. I wish Kamui all he best as I too often cheered for his success.. His podium in Japan was amazing-!!
__Ayrton Senna