CaterhamF1 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
rich1701

Re: CaterhamF1 2012

CHT wrote:
grano123 wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:There are 3 reasons for me that Caterham arnt doing as well;

Reason 1] They have just moved into Leafeld and that has taken alot of budget and time away from developing the CT01. It has taken as many as 20-30 guys off the project ion order to get Leafeld up to standard and also taken as much as €25m out of the budget as well.

Are you sure about that figure? It seems a very expensive property then!...... :o
I wont be surprise because for businessmen like Tony because property will last a life time, and it can easily be flip for a profit in a few years time But for F1 team, you might not even see the light at the end of the tunnel with 25m.
I remember Mclaren had a dip in form on track when they moved to their technology centre in 2003. I know there were other factors involved but it certainly didn't help the development of the MP4/18/19.

marcush.

leafield technical centre is anything but an empty house?
I wonder how much work really was needed to move into the new premises .

max_speed

Re: Scuderia Ferrari 2012

i have just given up on ferrari. since abu dhabi 2010 , they have gone worse and worse. it was pitty to see fernando can't chase kimi in first half of the race. they experienced more tyre degradation compare to others ( did confirm by massa) , alonso tried everything in his armory but he ran out of laps to overhaul kimi , once in DRS he could have easily past kimi.

what a "---" team ferrari has become , even if they provide alonso a car that is .2 sec slower to red bull he will win all the races. they have ruined the career of alonso. he is riding a "crippled" prancing horse in race . every time they bring updates
and they don't work , same story is served every weekend - "fernando was phenomenal , we are trying our best to improve cars , we believe in our chances" .

lets accept the truth "championship is over for fernando and vettel is riding on luck".its better for alonso to drive "sauber" than driving for "ferrari" , they should fall back to number 4 or 5 to realize how bad they are.

WhiteBlue

http://www.planet-f1.com/driver/3213/82 ... -team-boss

Fernandes to step down as team principal potentially in Austin or Interlagos. His successor to come from F1, which sounds like he could be coming from another team. Interesting perspective.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

amouzouris

WhiteBlue wrote:http://www.planet-f1.com/driver/3213/82 ... -team-boss

Fernandes to step down as team principal potentially in Austin or Interlagos. His successor to come from F1, which sounds like he could be coming from another team. Interesting perspective.
Or Flavio?

edit: scarbs says he will be replaced by Cyril Abiteboul

WhiteBlue

amouzouris wrote:Or Flavio?
I doubt that Flav will ever get an FiA license again.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

FrukostScones

WhiteBlue wrote:
I think/read that they (Flavio and FIA) made a deal that allows him back in 2013?
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

bucker

FrukostScones wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:
I think/read that they (Flavio and FIA) made a deal that allows him back in 2013?
They did

WhiteBlue

FrukostScones wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:
bucker wrote:They did
The FiA reduced the ban from life to 2013 because the EU ruled they could not ban him for life. The EU ruling was based on the fact that Flav and also Pat Symonds were not licensees of the FiA.
Since then the FiA has moved to require all leading team personal to be licensed. It means that the FiA can deny a license based on prior conduct of an applicant. The scheme was primarily introduced to ensure that the authority of the FiA does not get over ruled by EU law again. Obviously Todt was aware what he would do when he agreed to reduce Briatore's sentence. And Flav knows very well that he will never have a role in the teams again. He has publicly said that he is done with that role. He may be employed by CVC or Bernie. For that role he needs no license.

Forza

‏MyCaterhamF1 wrote:
We are very proud to announce that we have a new Team Principal. Cyril Abiteboul takes over from @tonyfernandes with immediate effect. Link

CHT
CHT

Forza wrote:
‏MyCaterhamF1 wrote:
We are very proud to announce that we have a new Team Principal. Cyril Abiteboul takes over from @tonyfernandes with immediate effect. Link
Does anyone know what is mike g doing now?

CHT
CHT

CHT wrote:
Forza wrote:
‏MyCaterhamF1 wrote:
Does anyone know what is mike g doing now?
Just found this.

Has he left?
http://www.mgiconsultancy.com/

raymondu999

He's been running MGI on the side since 2001. But he's still with Caterham (cars, not F1)
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Forza

Mike Gascoyne was promoted back in February to Chief Caterham Group Technial Officer and CEO of Caterham Technology & Composites.

CHT
CHT

Forza wrote:Mike Gascoyne was promoted back in February to Chief Caterham Group Technial Officer and CEO of Caterham Technology & Composites.
Some like to read it as promotion, but I actually see it as being sidelined by Tony to take care of the road car of a division which has very little or no future, not just for the company but for Mike Gascoyne.

Now with the new 50/50 tie up with Renault's Apline, Tony will be busy drafting out his plan to resurrect not 1 but 2 unprofitable car brand, the Caterham, which only produces 1 car 7, and the other is Alpine, which is a brand that is dead for awhile. And before Tony even produces a new model for Caterham, now it is talking about producing supercar and SUV like porsche etc. So where does mike fit into this puzzle? Is Mike a man with track record in making road cars and sports cars or is he a man that belongs to F1?

honestly, if Tony is serious about his F1 team progress, he should have asked mike to relinquish his current post and come back to F1, instead of putting in a 35 years old Cyril Abiteboul as team principle. And for that reason I think Mike with not be hanging around with Caterham for long.