Sahara Force India 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
multisync

Re: Force India VJM05

Polarbear wrote:
multisync wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:Do they really use McLarens? I know they were using Aerolab until 2010.
My understanding is there is no modelling work done at the factory. All the models are made down the wind tunnel

Nor -again from what I know- do they use Mclaren's WT :they rent one in Italy
Are you sure Multi?

I thought they used the second tunnel at MGP, just down the road in Brackley?
Actually they use Toyota's in Germany. They don't use Merc's at all.

auto saibot

King Six

I'd love to see Williams gearbox on its own like that.

Who makes Lotus's gearbox anyway? Renault (Viry) or is it in-house (Enstone)? I know RBR make their own gearbox in house. Caterham use RBR gearbox.

Force India & Marussia use McLaren gearbox
Sauber user Ferrari gearbox
Torro Roso use modified Red Bull gearbox on Ferrari engine? Or do they use Ferrari box?
Mercedes make their own for themselves.
HRT now use Williams gearbox...but is it the super-low one or 2010 gearbox?

mith

I believe Lotus gearbox was made at Enstone ;)

leegarb

Sahara Force India 2012

How kind to its tyres is the Force India car?

On his way to 7th at Monaco, Paul DiResta made the supersofts last for more than 40 laps, a pretty good effort!

raymondu999

But how was the pace? He was miles off Vergne, who in turn was miles off the top 6 drivers. The rubber was always going to last forever at Monaco. It was a question of how much grip was hanging around in the tyre.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

starmonkey

I think DiResta was about 40 seconds back from the pack at Monaco but he also eeked out the tyres on a two-stopper at Bahrain to finish 6th. Pretty impressive given their lack of running in the free practice sessions.

aral

Re: Sahara Force India 2012

It is currently being reported that neither Hulkenberg or DiResta have been paid this year.

turbof1

Source?
#AeroFrodo

aral

turbof1 wrote:Source?
Actually a thread on the McLaren car, on this site. 'onestopstrategy.com'

ps Also quoted on Yalla and Total.

multisync

The magazine said only the payments from title partner Sahara are keeping the Silverstone based team afloat.
My understanding is that Sahara put in money the day after VJ so as not to jump payments and ensure it's a like for like on a monthly basis.Not confirmed this btw

Although of course a 51% partner should be keeping it afloat: which business wouldn't fold if a major contributor wasn't pulling his weight!

Sad to say this small investment for Roy may just possibly(?) be a Trojan horse for the UB empire and the team could end up being collateral damage.Hope not and I wouldn't want to do VJ's brother an injustice but business is business...

Trailer23

:: Future of Force India ::

I'm not certain if the SAHARA Group is gonna take complete control of Force India if Team Principal Vijay Mallya gets into any further trouble.

This just in..., a Non-bailable warrant has been issued against Vijay Mallya and 5 others for bounced cheque.

His carrier King Fisher Airlines has stopped International Operations and has been having troubles as of late Domestically.

Last week, Mallya made headlines when the wife of an Engineer commited suicide by hanging herself since her husband (an Engineer of King Fisher Airlines) hadn't been paid in over 5 Months which resulted in their son being expelled from Engineering College mid-way through the semister.

Inspite of having an Indian Race, Indian Team and Indian Drivers..., F1 is still known by a small percentage of India which still favours Cricket.

stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

GrizzleBoy

Re: :: Future of Force India ::

What O_o

Is this fact or fiction?

beelsebob

Re: :: Future of Force India ::

GrizzleBoy wrote:What O_o

Is this fact or fiction?
It's true, an arrest warrant has been issued.