Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
KATO

Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 2013

"Oh dear it's happened again" ___ Tooned Prof. M.

"Hola" New Season New Drivers-!!
Welcome 2013 ,and welcome to 2013 McLaren Team Talk...
Have at it chaps-!!
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

stefan_

Re: McLaren Formula 1 Team 2013

Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

At least get the titles right if you want to start all 2013 team-threads.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Richard

Re: Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 2013

Done

KATO

McLaren aiming for two-second pitstop as 'standard' in F1 2013
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104792
"McLaren is aiming to achieve two-second pitstop as 'standard' in the 2013 Formula 1 season.
The team set a record four-tyre-change time of 2.3 seconds on Jenson Button's car during this
year's German Grand Prix. Asked by AUTOSPORT if pitstop times were now near the limit of
physical possibility, McLaren sporting director Sam Michael replied:
"They are, but it's not hard enough at this point that we can't see a lot of things to change.

"We'll be really busy this winter taking the next step along that idea."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104792
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

raymondu999

失败者找理由,成功者找方法

KATO

raymondu999 wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ady8KfVJIwI[/youtube]
That's kind of kool kind of sad
"They" McLaren "Us" Mercedes...... Wow..
__Ayrton Senna

Mika1

I think McLaren is the one that must be sad. They lost a driver who can win the F1 title. Perez is an unkown factor and Button is just not good enough or needs a new 2009 diffuser.
The boss follows me on twitter.

raymondu999

Well, to quote Checo...
Sergio Perez wrote:My target is to win the championship already next year
Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formul ... -year.html
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Mika1

He must say that as a McLaren driver, but if it's realistic we will see.
The boss follows me on twitter.

raymondu999

Yep. In a way you can't blame him. You can't expect him to say, "I will not fight for the title next year - I will just get my first 1 or 2 wins" - of course he'll say this. Politically it's the right thing to say.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Cam

I'm not so sure - I think he can do it. That Mercedes was very quick and by all accounts will be quick again. If he puts it on pole or thereabouts consistently, he's in with as fair a shot as any, so the statement is correct and believable.
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

raymondu999

With the prospect of a field tighter than 2012 (thanks to regulations staying stable, thus squeezing the field together) and with Perez's qualifying record (even since junior formulae) I don't think he'll be dominating qualifying any time soon :lol:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

KATO

raymondu999 wrote:With the prospect of a field tighter than 2012 (thanks to regulations staying stable, thus squeezing the field together) and with Perez's qualifying record (even since junior formulae) I don't think he'll be dominating qualifying any time soon :lol:
His race pace far exceedes his qualifying pace and he's a great overtaker he's consistent in his speed during a race too... We don't know what this will translate into going in with a McLaren.. But with a Sauber he did well.. Even if he doesn't dominate qualifying just being close to pole gives Perez a greater shot at it then any other driver.. Some driver might not be able to win a race from 10th but Perez has shown that level of race pace (yes only in 3 races). Now if he can just get as close possible to pole position I think he has a fair shot.. For victories at most Grand Prix..
__Ayrton Senna

raymondu999

KATO wrote:His race pace far exceedes his qualifying pace
His, or the Sauber's? That is the big question.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Neno

raymondu999 wrote:
KATO wrote:His race pace far exceedes his qualifying pace
His, or the Sauber's? That is the big question.
i would say both. sauber was a car who worked much better in race then qualy (with pirellis, this year perez, last year kobayashi), but perez from beginning showed that with that car preserve tires long and maintain speed. perez is definitly a talented driver who can like button in some circumstances make advantage over a teammate. but i can for sure say he have no hamiltons talent, hamilton was quick in qualy good like he was in race, hamilton was complete driver, perez is not
on this maybe effected sauber car, but hamilton showed in 2009. what is driving on extreme lvl in midfield car, you can't
say that for perez.