Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
KeiKo403

Re: Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 2013

Car will be launched on 25/1. :D

McG

Can't wait! Although maybe a title sponsor will not be there yet.
F1 is dead.

Gridlock

Source?

McG

Apparently all the Vodafone branding has been taken away from the McLaren website.
F1 is dead.

Holm86

McG wrote:Apparently all the Vodafone branding has been taken away from the McLaren website.
You seem surprised by this??

McMrocks

not surprising at all. I guess the contract was valid until 1st January

mclaren_mircea

According to Omnicorse, a lot of Lotus personnelleft the team in December 2013. I suppose that a consistent part of them went to Mclaren, because on Omnicorse only Mclaren is named as their destination. It maybe a lot of other teams, but if we se only the example Mclaren, a good chunck of them arrived in Woking.

"PERSONALE IN FUGA Nelle feste di Natale c’è stato un fuggi-fuggi di tecnici e meccanici: diversi sono andati alla McLaren, ma questo personale in uscita da Enstone è molto ambito e sono numerose le squadre che cercano di garantirsi quelle figure che non hanno mai avuto la ribalta mediatica, ma sono alcuni dei punti fermi all’interno della factory, specie nel reparto CFD considerato il più efficiente dell’intero Circus insieme a quello della Red Bull Racing." original post in italian

"PERSONNEL ON THE RUN At Christmas there was a stampede of technicians and mechanics: several have gone to McLaren, but this staff is very outgoing Enstone area and there are many teams looking to ensure that those figures have not never had the media spotlight, but they are some of the key points within the factory, especially in the CFD department considered the most efficient of the entire Circus along with that of Red Bull Racing." - according to Google translate (I know it's not very accurate.

McG

Holm86 wrote:
McG wrote:Apparently all the Vodafone branding has been taken away from the McLaren website.
You seem surprised by this??
No just excited.

Cool avatar!
F1 is dead.

mclaren_mircea

Very interesting elements on Mclaren's website on the partners page. Yes, as you stated, we can no longer see Vodafone... but... we can still see Clarvideo. Clarovideo is one of the elements of Carlos Slims empire, but Checo is no longer in the team. I think that the idea is that, Clarovideo was signed as a Mclaren sponsor in April shortly before or after the race in Bahrain. So when the contract was signed, they wouldn't think that Checo's adveture at Mclaren, was so short, and the explanation is that the contract between Mclaren and Slims empire must be signed for 1 year, begining in April 2013. So, at least, we should see Clarovideo until April 2014.

mclaren_mircea

Very fresh article about Sony beeing Mclaren's title sponsor for 2014. (7 January 2014)

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2014/01/ ... e-sponsor/

astracrazy

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/420567139020324864 no mention of there title sponsor though which was rumoured to be released at the same time. You'd think they would mention this as well?

skoop

i think they'll show the new car with its new livary (?) so they'll announce the new sponsor on that day as well.

bauc

skoop wrote:i think they'll show the new car with its new livary (?) so they'll announce the new sponsor on that day as well.
I'm starting to get worried that Mclaren still do not have new title sponsorship......
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

CBeck113

bauc wrote:
skoop wrote:i think they'll show the new car with its new livary (?) so they'll announce the new sponsor on that day as well.
I'm starting to get worried that Mclaren still do not have new title sponsorship......
Why be worried? Worst case is that they'll swing the bill for 2014 and have Honda as title sponsor/power unit supplier for 2015 onward. If you look at the positions they're trying to fill at the moment in both their automotive and F1 teams, they must have some money left in their pockets.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

McG

Don't know what I would hate more, no sponsor or the razors.

Going McLaren orange, papaya, would be a sponsor itself!
F1 is dead.