Scuderia Ferrari 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
radosav

Re: Scuderia Ferrari 2013

Pierce89 wrote:
radosav wrote:Speaking at a Santander function in Madrid, the Spaniard said, “I have faith in Ferrari and I am happy to be able to work with Raikkonen, a driver who has a rare talent and from whom I can learn a lot.”

“The experience he and I have will be vital to develop the car: the most important thing is that we work together for Ferrari and that a red car is first across the line, no matter which one '' ---- Alonso's words show that they will have same status at the beginning , later will be team's decision!
Alonso's words show no such thing. Alonso claimed Massa had even billing. We know the truth. No driver in modern day Politically Correct F1 would say "I'm number one and Kimi is my hoe".
Between the lines what Alonso said is that he expects Kimi will fight for WDC from the beginning and he knows Kimi won't let to be manipulated easily as Massa ! I think every overtaking between each other will be on skill ,maybe few last races by team decision!

munudeges

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:As I said a couple weeks back, any decision on front pull or push rod has already been made and Allison doesn't have any input on the initial design of the 2014 car. You disagreed, but here Allison himself confirms what I said.
Allison hasn't confirmed anything, and some people need to learn the difference between team employees throwing out soundbites and playing things down and what is actually required.

Allison has not turned up there hanging around waiting to design the 2015 car. Next year's car is absolutely critical to Ferrari. Ferrari's new technical director hasn't looked into the details of next year's car? What a load of crap. He would have been looking at it all the way through his gardening leave.

mika vs michael

Ferrari with drivers on equal basis is a scenario that does not work...unless they are so far ahead of the competition. Ferrari should learn from the 2000-2004 period...and from the 1996-2000 period as well.
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

f1universe

munudeges wrote:The relationship between Ferrari and Alonso has broken down.
I don't think is that bad but we will see next year, if the car is good everything will be OK.

Juzh

f1universe wrote:
I don't think is that bad but we will see next year, if the car is good everything will be OK.
Good cars can indeed solve a broken relationships :wink:

Hail22

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Manoah2u

great way for Ferrari to do a little test with the 2013 F1 car :mrgreen: =D> :D
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

dren

Juzh wrote:
f1universe wrote:
Good cars can indeed solve a broken relationships :wink:
Yes, if the car is good in 2014 I expect Alonso to stay. If not, he'll jump ship if anything better opens. If Mclaren are good next year, Alonso is going back there.

I expect to see some good Kimi vs Alonso battles.
Honda!

munudeges

I can't see Alonso being at Ferrari for 2015. The relationship has been damaged almost certainly beyond repair. Ferrari might fall out with you but if they feel you have betrayed their trust for any reason they don't forget it.

SectorOne

I don´t buy the whole Ferrari Alonso disaster. They know he´s the one that´s kept Ferrari even remotely respected in the last 4 years.
I think he will retire at Ferrari then go do Le Mans with them if they will build a car like they have alluded to.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Jonnycraig

SectorOne wrote:I don´t buy the whole Ferrari Alonso disaster. They know he´s the one that´s kept Ferrari even remotely respected in the last 4 years.
I think he will retire at Ferrari then go do Le Mans with them if they will build a car like they have alluded to.
It all depends on what sort of car Ferrari produce this season though doesn't it.

With the belief amongst those in the paddock that the McLaren rumours have traction (no pun intended) and Alonso's agent rather cryptically stating just a few weeks ago that 'any verbal agreements are not legally binding', if Ferrari give Alonso another car to challenge for the title in then he will surely stay. If they give him a dog, I'd be amazed if he was there in 2015.
dren wrote: Yes, if the car is good in 2014 I expect Alonso to stay.
The question is what classes as a 'good car'. The F2012 managed 14 podiums in 20 races (would've been good enough to win the 05,06,07,08,09 & 10 titles) yet is written off in some quarters as a spoon at a knife fight.

Glyn

Jonnycraig wrote:
SectorOne wrote:I don´t buy the whole Ferrari Alonso disaster. They know he´s the one that´s kept Ferrari even remotely respected in the last 4 years.
It all depends on what sort of car Ferrari produce this season though doesn't it.

With the belief amongst those in the paddock that the McLaren rumours have traction (no pun intended) and Alonso's agent rather cryptically stating just a few weeks ago that 'any verbal agreements are not legally binding', if Ferrari give Alonso another car to challenge for the title in then he will surely stay. If they give him a dog, I'd be amazed if he was there in 2015.
The question is what classes as a 'good car'. The F2012 managed 14 podiums in 20 races (would've been good enough to win the 05,06,07,08,09 & 10 titles) yet is written off in some quarters as a spoon at a knife fight.
Ferrari produced a good car in 2013. It is all about how well they can develop it....

zzed_41

Glyn wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:

Ferrari produced a good car in 2013. It is all about how well they can develop it....
As well as if they have already fully solved their wind tunnel correlation problems. I think that had a part in the development slowdown of the F138. Then they moved to the Toyota wind tunnel at Cologne which gave them logistical problems. I'd thing if the rebuilt windtunnel now performs up to par, Ferrari won't struggle with development as much as 2013.

munudeges

Juzh wrote:Good cars can indeed solve a broken relationships :wink:
Not one with Ferrari I'm afraid. Their history, and the Italian mentality on that, is pretty clear.

Pierce89

munudeges wrote:
Juzh wrote:Good cars can indeed solve a broken relationships :wink:
Not one with Ferrari I'm afraid. Their history, and the Italian mentality on that, is pretty clear.
Ferrari won't push Alonso out. If the car is good enough, Alonso won't skip out.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher