Scuderia Ferrari 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Gridlock

Re: Scuderia Ferrari 2013

Hail22 wrote:
Pedro: A walking, talking and driving analyzing computer sensor, he can and probably does pick up small vibrational issues in not only suspension links, tyres, cockpit vibrations, etc...
if that's true then it makes a year driving a HRT even more impressive... Or evidence of Mosley-like tendencies..

lukeaar

Also, Pedro will be doing a lot of simulator work, remember. It is important to make sure the simulator is accurately representing the real-world performance of the car.

Gridlock

I think you've hit the nail on the head - "so Pedro, how does this feel compared to the last F1 car you drove on a track?"... Correlation is king these days. Bet he's been putting the miles on something red and loud round Fiorano too.

CHT
CHT

Mika1 wrote:Very strange move and it's hard to believe the reason. You should expect with all the limitations Alonso would drive as much as possible.
Has it been confirmed that the new car will be ready for Jerez?

stefan_

Well, if they launch it on the 1st, I think the new thing will be ready to be tested at Jerez. And I don't think they can afford to miss one session with the new car considering what happened last year.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

CHT
CHT

stefan_ wrote:Well, if they launch it on the 1st, I think the new thing will be ready to be tested at Jerez. And I don't think they can afford to miss one session with the new car considering what happened last year.
yes considering both RBR and Ferrari were both in the development race till brazil last year, it is highly possible that their development for 2013 might be behind schedule.

And for Alonso to skip the entire Jerez test, that mean he will have zero input on the 2013 car until Barcelona on 19 Feb.
I am not sure how is this going to benefit Alonso. IIRC, 2 years ago, Mclaren did the same "correlation" test program as well.

lukeaar

CHT wrote:
stefan_ wrote:And for Alonso to skip the entire Jerez test, that mean he will have zero input on the 2013 car until Barcelona on 19 Feb.
Alonso would have been having input into the 2013 car for at least the past 6 months. Obviously only simulator work, but that's not the same as having zero input until mid February.

CHT
CHT

lukeaar wrote:
CHT wrote:
stefan_ wrote:And for Alonso to skip the entire Jerez test, that mean he will have zero input on the 2013 car until Barcelona on 19 Feb.
Alonso would have been having input into the 2013 car for at least the past 6 months. Obviously only simulator work, but that's not the same as having zero input until mid February.
what they have done in the past months are all simulation work, it is only when the car hit the track that they know what exactly need to tweak in order to be ahead of their competitors when they arrive in Australia. Considering the limited testing and the tight time frame between Jerez and Australia, I really cant think of any reason why missing Jerez can be an advantage for Alonso, especially when they have to deal with new tyres.

The zero input I am referring to is between Jerez and Australia, which are very crucial time to really understand the car and prepare themselves for the first few fly away races.

Crabbia

lukeaar wrote:Also, Pedro will be doing a lot of simulator work, remember. It is important to make sure the simulator is accurately representing the real-world performance of the car.
agree with this. Also, I view this as an implementation of Fry's MO. Mclaren also gave DLR precious pre season test time in previous years.
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

Gridlock

Crabbia wrote:I view this as an implementation of Fry's MO. Mclaren also gave DLR precious pre season test time in previous years.
I look forward to seeing Luca Badoer in the Young Driver Tests then :D

Hail22

Hmmm Luca with current Italian Prime minister super Mario...hmmm

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

ringo

People are forgetting one thing about Pedro..
Pat Fry..

Mclaren Simulator/testing experience ---> Pedro----> Pat Fry----> Car.

Pedro is bringing some of that Mclaren experience and the style of communication, and he now has Fry to communicate to.
That to me is what makes him invaluable. He will reconnect that link that was used to produce the effective updates seen on the Mclarens over the years.
All that is different is the colour of the car, so expect Ferrari to make much more development progess with the De La Rosa Fry combo.
For Sure!!

Italiano

Hail22 wrote:Image
He looks so happy. I'm really pleased for him, such a turnaround from the atrocity that was HRT.
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

CHT
CHT

ringo wrote:People are forgetting one thing about Pedro..
Pat Fry..

Mclaren Simulator/testing experience ---> Pedro----> Pat Fry----> Car.

Pedro is bringing some of that Mclaren experience and the style of communication, and he now has Fry to communicate to.
That to me is what makes him invaluable. He will reconnect that link that was used to produce the effective updates seen on the Mclarens over the years.
All that is different is the colour of the car, so expect Ferrari to make much more development progess with the De La Rosa Fry combo.
but how many championship have they won together at Mclaren?

ringo

They've won many development championships. Take that piece of the puzzle and put it into Ferrari's team orders and #1 driver environment and you have yourself a deadly combo.
Lets give Ferrari Mclaren's development pace and efficacy and see where that would have put them in the last 3 years.
I feel it never worked at Mclaren because mclaren were lacking in areas outside the car, whilst ferrari was mostly lacking in the car.
For Sure!!