Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SectorOne

Re: Infiniti RedBull Racing 2013

How much money do Red Bull have really?
They are involved in so many sports, got 2 F1 teams and now want to take over a team in Premier League.
What´s next? Countries?
Last edited by SectorOne on 22 Oct 2013, 14:00, edited 2 times in total.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

skoop
skoop

i could imagine that rb actually earns money with their rbf1 team. i don't know about tr, maybe they get a +- 0 out of it. and if you're winning and taking really good care about the financial things (what they seem to be doing) you could get a + at the end of your bilance.
(i really have no clue though. just assumtions)

edit: god i hope they don't buy a country. just imagine president marko ruling your country :D

Kiril Varbanov

skoop wrote:i could imagine that rb actually earns money with their rbf1 team. i don't know about tr, maybe they get a +- 0 out of it. and if you're winning and taking really good care about the financial things (what they seem to be doing) you could get a + at the end of your bilance.
(i really have no clue though. just assumtions)

edit: god i hope they don't buy a country. just imagine president marko ruling your country :D
I can live with Marco and Didi - Bulgaria needs a good manager right now. And they appear to be successful. The revenue of Red Bull is about $4.2 billion - achieved with more than 8,000 employees. That's twice less the size of people in Experian - the company I work for, who sponsor Williams. We've got similar revenue figures. Of course, we are selling different products, but what I really mean is that the Red Bull company is doing quite well.

They have quite a lot of sponsors, and given the recent titles, I'm not surprised that they are expanding and the fact that they can afford to spend that much. Certainly, this is indeed destroying the competition, but that's life.
The estimated budget of Red Bull F1 Racing team is around the 300 million mark.

What they really do well is brand recognition and media relations - no other company in the world does it like them.

Kiril Varbanov

https://twitter.com/piusgasso/status/391129191464587264 Which more or less means, thanks to my self-taught Spanish:
Red Bull are at IDIADA with lots of resources - people and trucks.

Blanchimont
Blanchimont

Sounds great, if anybody is located near this test track and owns a very long lens and a high quality camera he should get there and take some pictures from the closest hill.

Google Street View Idiada
Dear FIA, if you read this, please pm me for a redesign of the Technical Regulations to avoid finger nose shapes for 2016! :-)

Kiril Varbanov

Red Bull to face tough decision about Peter Prodromou, according to Joe Saward - http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2013/10/ ... schedules/

There's also a (dark) legal side...

turbof1

Very difficult. He'll probably have all the info already on the 2014 car. My guess is that'll they keep him developing the 2014 car, limiting knowledge wherever possible, and keeping him completely away from the 2015 car. From mid 2014 on they can put him on gardening leave and exclude him from any developments. At that point he'll probably knows the developments coming to the cars 2-3 months down the road.

Red bull pretty much is forced to keep him. If they release him early he can still bring very valuable information to Honda, especially concerning cooling and packaging. Holding him until 2015 means it'll be too late for Honda to take advantage from his input, and although rules about changes to the engines start rather open, they'll progressively move to a semi-freeze standard over the years. Much of his input for the 2016 honda spec might then already be blocked by the regulations.
#AeroFrodo

FoxHound

Prodromou will know a few things on how Red Bull run their cars ride height.
How they manage to keep the tea tray so close to the ground on full, half and empty tanks is black magic.
It gives them huge advantages other teams are scratching their heads to replicate.

I wonder if a memo has leaked from Prodromou's desk, via a neutral party and landed on Mclaren's desk via Honda.

Prodromou will want to hit the ground running at macca, and helping them unlock this secret will certainly be a giant leap for the team.

I think Red bull know whats coming.
Last edited by FoxHound on 23 Oct 2013, 18:14, edited 1 time in total.
JET set

SectorOne

Helmut Marko, Red Bull’s plain-talking Formula 1 consultant, would second that motion. He says the Milton Keynes based team has simply ironed out all of its weaknesses.

“What our opponents lack is consistency,” Marko told Auto Motor und Sport. “Sometimes Mercedes is strong, sometimes Ferrari, sometimes Lotus.

“If they would always drive at that level then no one would think our car is so alien,” said the Austrian.

“We have just got rid of our weaknesses. There are no wrong setups, no more bad strategies, no glitches during the pitstops,” he added.

Marko said the simple matter of quickly getting to the bottom of an ideal setup is the uncomplicated key to a good race weekend.

“This is our new strength,” he insisted. “We used to throw away a weekend on the wrong setups.

“Now we need a practice session and we can turn the whole thing around.”
Gotta love Marko. I guess this means Red Bull will dominate from here to infinity..
The things that comes out of his mouth sometimes..
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

turbof1

Ask Mark Webber how much red bull ironed out weaknesses. He'll give you a sargasm.
#AeroFrodo

iotar__

You won't hear anything from Webber on that and other RB subjects. Do you think he remains part of "RB family" in his future racing endeavours out of kindness of their hearts?

Huntresa
Huntresa

iotar__ wrote:You won't hear anything from Webber on that and other RB subjects. Do you think he remains part of "RB family" in his future racing endeavours out of kindness of their hearts?
Why wouldnt Red Bull sponsor Webber at Le Mans ? Not doing it would just be throwing money down the drain, getting that exposure at Le Mans would be amazing for Red Bull.

horse

So Red Bull have their 4th constructors championship in a row. Beyond missing the ball on the double diffuser, have they taken any questionable development directions? I don't think so. Surely their skill has come from continuously making the right decisions about how to evolve the car. An amazing effort.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

horse wrote:So Red Bull have their 4th constructors championship in a row. Beyond missing the ball on the double diffuser, have they made any questionable development directions? I don't think so. Surely their skill has come from continuously making the right decisions about how to evolve the car. An amazing effort.
It's telling that the car has a clear evolution from the RB5, where as Ferrari, Mclaren have been on a design mire-go-round despite the regulations being much the same as in 2009.

lio007

That's a pity that the team is fined 25000€ and Seb got a reprimand...just for a great show

BTW...new homepage-design of http://www.infiniti-redbullracing.com/ (since when?)