Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ringo

Re: Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2013

Lowe?! What's going on here?
Who's next, Barack Obama?

Lewis Hamilton seems to have made a good choice, judging by how things are flowing. Mercedes looks like the next redbull.
Funny how power shifts in F1. I may be getting ahead of myself still.
For Sure!!

SaveMeHollywood

Is this a respectable enough source for the Paddy Lowe story?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motors ... eason.html

"The Woking team declined to comment when contacted by Telegraph Sport on Monday night but it is understood that there is substance to the story"

spadeflush

My oh my. They are building a super team indeed. When will this recruiting, sacking, reshuffling stop? Too many heads at the top at the moment. Surely if Paddy Lowe is brought in someone will have to go. If the team has to succeed next year, the structure they start with this year should be retained till next year. Such a flurry of repeated changes will only serve to hurt the team. Having said that, they are bringing in the right people.
Forza Michael. Forza Jules

k.ko100v

I think, there is nothing shocking. Even 10 year kid knows, that MGP has structural problems. Changes must be done and Toto has start, from first day at work. He is practice a simple monkey rule: "don`t let the old branch until you catch a new one!"

If Lowe is the new, there must be peoples who will leave. IMO Brown, Costa and Eliot will stays. I am note sure who, of the rest will leave.

Shakeman

In one of the interviews Lewis gave yesterday he again played down this year's chances and said 2014 was the aim. Eggs and basket spring to mind.

One hopes that 2014 is a success because if it isn't there might not be a 2015. The stakes are high as running around in 4th or 5th place damages the Mercedes brand and does nothing for car sales in the emerging markets. If you're a nouveau riche in China and you can afford anything what are you going to buy, Ferrari, McLaren or Merc? Maybe Red Bull should make performance cars.

There's quite a bit more chat amongst serious commentators about the Lowe move but all appear to be referencing the Bild article.

Vasconia

Brawn’s departure would be shocking but understandable, 3 years in a row of failures has weakened the position of Brawn inside the team, and after having seen his good friend Michael struggling so much due to the car I think he could feel that is the moment of leaving the team, obviously Lauda’s addition could have pushed him to take this decision.

bonjon1979

I doubt Brawn will go. He was instrumental in bringing Hamilton to the team and I don't see a heavyweight that could replace him within the team. I imagine that Paddy will become Technical Director at MGP if he is going to join.

Nando

I also strongly doubt Brawn will go, he´s the one with the vision and surely wants to stay until the good times arrive.
If anything he knows it takes time to reach sucess like with Ferrari.

Great news with Paddy Lowe but i get the feeling there´s too many chefs trying to make the soup now.
But maybe it´ll work out just fine.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

k.ko100v

I don't think Brawn will leave. I've read somewhere ,that with the arrival of Lauda, Ross will have more time to work with the team. I mean the core of the team, to work directly with the engineers, wile Lauda takes the management like PR, marketing and other stuffs, witch needs plenty of time and has nothing to do, with the team performance.

If Lowe comes, IMO has to be somewhere in the technical department, but there are so many peoples. The time will show anyway. :)

My eyes, for now are watched in the first car presentations. CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE!!!

Best Regards.

wesley123

bonjon1979 wrote:I doubt Brawn will go. He was instrumental in bringing Hamilton to the team and I don't see a heavyweight that could replace him within the team. I imagine that Paddy will become Technical Director at MGP if he is going to join.
Honestly, he was the mastermind, got the whole crew together with a lot of geniusses, and still nothing. Then you can have a lot of great people coming to the team, the thing that counts are results.

I can imagine Mercedes sacking him if they arent showing confident up next year
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

k.ko100v

wesley123 wrote:
Honestly, he was the mastermind, got the whole crew together with a lot of geniusses, and still nothing. Then you can have a lot of great people coming to the team, the thing that counts are results.
In Bulgaria we have a proverb, witch says: "Many grandmas - weak baby" For me, this team has too much "grandmas"

Shakeman

Benson has some words. Macca's refusal to deny is the only interesting part.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/21143847

Mika1

BBC Sport understands Lowe has agreed to join Mercedes but has not yet signed a contract - so there is a possibility, however small, that he will stay at McLaren.

Done deal.
The boss follows me on twitter.

CjC
CjC

I see, so if BBC are correct Lowe will be doing a Newey then.
A 2 pronged attack from the top. With afew hundred million behind them they could be quite successful, like red bill and they'll be able to say they've only been on the grid afew years too- like red bull. Yawn.
Just a fan's point of view

Kiril Varbanov

k.ko100v wrote: In Bulgaria we have a proverb, witch says: "Many grandmas - weak baby" For me, this team has too much "grandmas"
LOL, dear compatriot, I know what you mean. The English version would be: "Too many cooks spoil the broth" :)

The most solid thing from BBC's article is Eddie Jordan's comments - he was spot on two times already when it comes to Mercedes. But let's see.