Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.

PlatinumZealot

Re: Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2013

Sounds good from Nico.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

dren

Anon123 wrote:I found this quote on another website from Ross Brawn after the race.

"We had a very good opening stint of the race, making the super-soft tyre last until lap 13 for Lewis and lap 14 for Nico. That convinced us that a two-stop strategy was feasible this afternoon. However, the balance on the medium tyre was not what we needed. Having committed to two stops, and adjusted our pace accordingly to preserve the tyres, the decision to convert to a three-stop strategy compromised Lewis relative to those cars who had gone for three from the start. The behaviour of the tyres is something we will have to think about and understand over the next days. Nico was running strongly when he was forced to retire. We saw a drop in voltage from the battery and that stopped the car. Overall, we have made a good step with the car and learned a lot this afternoon. If we can put the pieces of the puzzle together, we have the ingredients to race well."

Ross Brawn
Yes, just as I figured. They cut the pace to make the tires last for 2 stops and it didn't quite work. I'm curious how much was lost out due to this. I don't know if a podium would have been possible, but Hamilton might have been able to take Massa at the end. The races should be exciting once again, just like last year.
Honda!

Dyanxx

pixdiff wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdVzRXtMzAU[/youtube]
It's promising to hear Nico say they haven't shown their full potential yet, I really hope they can show it at Sepang!

Vasconia

Dyanxx wrote:
It's promising to hear Nico say they haven't shown their full potential yet, I really hope they can show it at Sepang!
Well, they used to say the same last season... :?

Anyway, which is good is to read is that they adjusted the pace to do only two pit stops, this shows that they can be faster, in my opinion it was a huge mistake to take this strategy. Mercedes was last season one of the worst in this aspect, you cannot think that in only a few months we will become "the first of the class". they must be more conversative with tyre strategy.

beelsebob

Vasconia wrote:Anyway, which is good is to read is that they adjusted the pace to do only two pit stops, this shows that they can be faster, in my opinion it was a huge mistake to take this strategy. Mercedes was last season one of the worst in this aspect, you cannot think that in only a few months we will become "the first of the class". they must be more conversative with tyre strategy.
Why not? In fact, they showed that they had become good enough for this strategy – it would have worked if lewis had not flat spotted the tyre. All he needed to do to make the strategy work was go on an extra 2 laps, that would have mad the final stint only 25 laps (on a lighter fuel load, and more rubbered in track). That rather shows that you can (and that they did) go from the worst, to one of the best in terms of tyre wear.

Dyanxx

Vasconia wrote:
Dyanxx wrote:
Well, they used to say the same last season... :?

Anyway, which is good is to read is that they adjusted the pace to do only two pit stops, this shows that they can be faster, in my opinion it was a huge mistake to take this strategy. Mercedes was last season one of the worst in this aspect, you cannot think that in only a few months we will become "the first of the class". they must be more conversative with tyre strategy.
I know he's said similar things in the past, but this time it actually seems genuine, and it's not like the strategy was wrong, Lotus did a 2 stopper and it was infact the best strategy to be on, I would rather them gamble on strategy, because at the beginning of the season the rewards are bigger, since it's a bit of an unknown with the tyres, at least they went for it and will have gained a lot of important data for future races.

Dyanxx

beelsebob wrote:
Vasconia wrote:Anyway, which is good is to read is that they adjusted the pace to do only two pit stops, this shows that they can be faster, in my opinion it was a huge mistake to take this strategy. Mercedes was last season one of the worst in this aspect, you cannot think that in only a few months we will become "the first of the class". they must be more conversative with tyre strategy.
Why not? In fact, they showed that they had become good enough for this strategy – it would have worked if lewis had not flat spotted the tyre. All he needed to do to make the strategy work was go on an extra 2 laps, that would have mad the final stint only 25 laps (on a lighter fuel load, and more rubbered in track). That rather shows that you can (and that they did) go from the worst, to one of the best in terms of tyre wear.
It's been confirmed that the pit crew were already out before he flat spotted his tyre after defending against Alonso, so I don't think it was down to that incident alone, I just don't think they had the pace on the medium tyres to make it work.

clipsy1H

Anon123 wrote:I found this quote on another website from Ross Brawn after the race.

". The behaviour of the tyres is something we will have to think about and understand over the next days.
Ross Brawn
same old crap message.

Canada 2012: Norbert: "Our team has taken an important step forward and got the most from the tyres in track temperatures that exceeded 40 degrees [...] We got the tyre management right here, as in Monaco, and we are working hard to push this process further"

i'm so tried to search&post others comments. They fail hard on strategy .... should let Lewis push on supersofts and remain with Vettel and Massa. Actually i think they could be on P4 at least. Lewis drove fantastic but strategy and car ruins his race.
I don't know but maybe this year they will perform better on high temps! so fingers crossed for Bahrain :wink:

lewishamilton90

Des évolutions vont arriver sur la W04. "Nous aurons des pièces qui devraient nous permettre de nous rapprocher des la tête.
http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/Hami ... 58059.html

Dyanxx

lewishamilton90 wrote:Des évolutions vont arriver sur la W04. "Nous aurons des pièces qui devraient nous permettre de nous rapprocher des la tête.
http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/Hami ... 58059.html
Here's the original article.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/mala ... 10229.html

PlatinumZealot

we have poor tyre warm up. Interestingly this was a trait of Aldo's Ferraris.

go to 4:55

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezE_Mzqfhf4[/youtube]
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

tranquility2k4

n smikle wrote:we have poor tyre warm up. Interestingly this was a trait of Aldo's Ferraris.

go to 4:55

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezE_Mzqfhf4[/youtube]
I don't understand what I should be looking for at 4:55? How do you know they have poor tyre warm up?

Mika1

Guys, did you find a video of Lewis Hamilton's Q3 lap, I need to see it. Can't find it :/.
The boss follows me on twitter.

Hail22

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve