Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
bonjon1979
bonjon1979

Re: Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2013

tranquility2k4 wrote:
n smikle wrote:we have poor tyre warm up. Interestingly this was a trait of Aldo's Ferraris.

go to 4:55

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezE_Mzqfhf4[/youtube]
I don't understand what I should be looking for at 4:55? How do you know they have poor tyre warm up?
Yep, those Ferrari's are streaking away from Hamilton. Can only be explained by tyres being well out of their operating window.

beelsebob
beelsebob

bonjon1979 wrote:Yep, those Ferrari's are streaking away from Hamilton. Can only be explained by tyres being well out of their operating window.
No, it's easily explained simply as Mercedes choosing to drive slower to make sure the tyres lasted.

dren

beelsebob wrote:
bonjon1979 wrote:Yep, those Ferrari's are streaking away from Hamilton. Can only be explained by tyres being well out of their operating window.
No, it's easily explained simply as Mercedes choosing to drive slower to make sure the tyres lasted.
That and the Ferrari may just be a quicker car with high fuel loads.
Honda!

Mika1
Mika1

Hamilton feels optimistic about the updates. I hope it's something big.
The boss follows me on twitter.

Neno
Neno

I think Mercedes in Melbourne lacked a bit of confidence in theirself. Last couple of year they had big problems with tires and their first stint was very carefull driving (you could call it slow in moments) from both Mercedes drivers too see if something similar not happend to them again. Later when they could see they can hold it with tires, race was already over for them, both ferrari's pushed red bull and kimi from back watched whole situation and had confidence in himself and car what they can do, specialy Kimi who from beginning set with 2 stop strategy. i think they would have good race if they didnt calculate too much with tires and had confidence in theirself.

stefan_
stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Dyanxx
Dyanxx

stefan_ wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzOdmKYpIeU[/youtube]
I love videos like this, thanks for posting it!

Vasconia

Neno wrote:I think Mercedes in Melbourne lacked a bit of confidence in theirself. Last couple of year they had big problems with tires and their first stint was very carefull driving (you could call it slow in moments) from both Mercedes drivers too see if something similar not happend to them again. Later when they could see they can hold it with tires, race was already over for them, both ferrari's pushed red bull and kimi from back watched whole situation and had confidence in himself and car what they can do, specialy Kimi who from beginning set with 2 stop strategy. i think they would have good race if they didnt calculate too much with tires and had confidence in theirself.

Sorry but I think that it was just the opposite, they had too much confidence, its the logic explanation for a strategy of only two pit stops when the majority of teams where choosing three.

Their slower pace in the first stint was due to the strategy, if you want only two pit stops the tyres must last a minimum o laps so you have to adapt your pace to a more gentle use of the tyres.

If they were fearful of tyre degradation the most logic strategy was to make 3 pit stops.

Morteza

Mercedes yet to finalise Paddy Lowe role for 2014
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106184
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

FoxHound

Delete please mods
Last edited by FoxHound on 20 Mar 2013, 19:28, edited 1 time in total.
JET set

Nando
Nando

Did we just read the same article?
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Shakeman

FoxHound wrote:
Morteza wrote:Mercedes yet to finalise Paddy Lowe role for 2014
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106184

Exactly why I have deep reservations about reports stating he has signed for Mercedes already.

There where rumours of Lowe returning to Williams, so Mercedes is not as cut and dried as many of publications(F1technical included sadly) have reported.
Mercedes will not comment, and neither will Lowe. Suffice to say there are no facts to this story.

The story should be changed from that of fact, to one of speculation.
Mercedes insists that it has not yet finalised the role that Paddy Lowe will take when he arrives at the team next year. <-- Seems pretty clear to me.

Brawn said poaching Lowe or someone like him was a part of the succession plan some time ago. If Brawn is still in place then Lowe will not be doing Brawn's job but instead familiarising himself with the team in another capacity until he takes charge at a time of Mercs choosing.

FoxHound

Yes indeed.

I should have read the article more clearly.
JET set

Mika1
Mika1

The boss follows me on twitter.

clipsy1H

Mika1 wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2ylyNKE5dM[/youtube]
can you tell me why post this video again?? (if you go 1 page back you gonna find it in 3 posts).

Back to the thread..... i'm not so optimistic maybe Lewis can manage a podium or a little more but i still think Red Bull is the best team at the moment.....
BTW: Lewis is so optimistic maybe he knew something :mrgreen: