Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GrizzleBoy

Re: Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2013

clipsy1H wrote:
Mika1 wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2ylyNKE5dM[/youtube]
can you tell me why post this video again?? (if you go 1 page back you gonna find it in 3 posts).

Back to the thread..... i'm not so optimistic maybe Lewis can manage a podium or a little more but i still think Red Bull is the best team at the moment.....
BTW: Lewis is so optimistic maybe he knew something :mrgreen:
http://youtu.be/SFshyhoS1yw?t=13m17s

If not about this car, he definitely seemed to know something about Sergio's new McLaren

lewishamilton90

"I think with Mercedes it is a bit better than it was last season," Wolff told AUTOSPORT.
"But it seems you have to work even more for the Sunday than the Saturday. P7 on the grid [in Australia] won the race, while P1 struggled and finished third.
"So maybe it is much more about making a compromise on Saturday to get the car right for Sunday."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106192

Nomore

LOL... look how the Ferrari disappear in front of lewis

bonjon1979

Nomore wrote:
LOL... look how the Ferrari disappear in front of lewis
exactly, I think it was beelse who said that Hamilton was pacing himself to conserve tyres, but the fact of the matter is, you can't do that on the first lap. You have to keep position and push because everyone's trying to make up places before field spread comes in to play. Merc were slow to heat up the tyres, Ferrari weren't, that's where I see the differential in speed.

ringo

GrizzleBoy wrote:
http://youtu.be/SFshyhoS1yw?t=13m17s

If not about this car, he definitely seemed to know something about Sergio's new McLaren

Judging by his facial expression, it looks like he knows the car is crap box. :lol:
He seems so happy perez is getting it to drive and not him lol.

But in some ways i'm still worried Mercedes wont be able to develop the car enough. Not reffering to development rate, but the developments themselves. I feel they will reach a point where they simply wont know how to make the car faster. That is my biggest fear for this team.
I'm just not convinced they can keep up with the top teams. It will be a really big push for them to do so.
Something also tells me Mclaren will pass them out at some stage later down. That 28 is probably potentially fast once it is understood, an that may be just a matter of time.
For Sure!!

stefan_

Petronas Primax logo on the sidepods for this weekend.

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Cocles

Speed.com article quoting Wolff. I don't know about the rest of you, but as a Merc fan I've been pretty dang pleased with Wolff and Hamilton so far. They both have a good tone when talking to the press.

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/ ... oto-wolff/

Mika1

I am very happy with Wolff, he is very realistic. He knows they have to perform.
The boss follows me on twitter.

yener

Everybody knows they have to perform.

What i find a litte bit funny is the way people describe how good things are going right now. But what exactly did change? In my point of view the only thing that changed is that McLaren build a sh!tty car and Mercedes gained 2 positions on the grid.

After 3 years of being optimistic i can't be it anymore. And Wolf also told us, Top 4 for 2013. And he is not aiming at a 3,2 or championship position.
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

Cocles

yener wrote:Everybody knows they have to perform.

What i find a litte bit funny is the way people describe how good things are going right now. But what exactly did change? In my point of view the only thing that changed is that McLaren build a sh!tty car and Mercedes gained 2 positions on the grid.

After 3 years of being optimistic i can't be it anymore. And Wolf also told us, Top 4 for 2013. And he is not aiming at a 3,2 or championship position.
So the alternative you suggest is a qualifying in Australia where Mercedes beat everyone except Red Bull AND McLaren? That's still an awesome situation for the team.

lewishamilton90

Hamilton says that Mercedes has learned plenty of lessons about race tyre management from Australia, and has revealed that the outfit will focus more on set-up in Malaysian Grand Prix practice than it did last weekend.
Reflecting on what happened in Australia, he said: "We did something with the tyres which put the car more into understeer [on the super soft compound] and unfortunately when we made the change to new tyres it went too far the other way.
"So I went from massive understeer to massive oversteer. We just generally struggled with the balance.
"We didn't spend a lot of Friday setting up the car because we were testing a lot of components - which was perhaps the wrong way to go. This weekend for example we are going to focus on the set-up - we will make sure we do that."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106207

dren

I wonder what components they were testing. The car looked the same to me as what they had in Barcelona.
Honda!

Mika1

kooleracer

kooleracer wrote:
wunderkind wrote:I honestly don't know what Lowe can contribute to the team outside of the design and engineering fields. Taking Lowe out of design and engineering is just not the right thing to do.

Brawn was/is a good race strategist and a decent manager of resources and most importantly, he's on the same wavelength as Bernie and Todt.
Its all about power en big ego's. Toto Wolff has 30% of the shares of the team. He wants to be the boss with 30% of the shares that means his personal money is invested in the team. No businessman would acquire 30% of shares without having input in that particular company. I'm 100% that Lowe was the idea of Wolff the only way you can sack Brawn is the bring somebody with the same technical ability. Ross has 2 jobs managing the team and creating a organizational structure that will benefit the team and coordinating the technical department. With the signing of Lowe the technical department would be Lowe's responsibility and the organizational structure would be Wolff's responsibility. I think the team principal job will disappear along with Nick Fry. Toto Wolff will become CEO and Paddy Lowe will become Chief Technology Officer (CTO). I can't see Paddy Lowe moving from McLaren to work under Brawn of beside Bob Bell. Also Nick Fry hasn't been mentioned so maybe he is also on a gardening leave. Wolff has now inherited Norbert Haug's old job. I dont think Wolff took 30% of the shares to be the new Haug, he wants the head the Mercedes F1 team and be the new CEO.

Lauda broked the new deal for Mercedes and not Brawn so that comment about the same wavelength is not accurate. Brawn has become redundant as hard as it for him to grasp. Also the Mercedes F1 team is a difficult organization, you have Brackley,Brixworth and some parts at Mercedes HQ. I don't think Ross is the right man to do that. Toto is more the business type and he understands how Germans conduct business.
Like i said a month ago, worst kept secret.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

Mika1

MercedesAMGSpy ‏@MercedesAMGSpy 29m
Lewis Hamilton: ''My rear tyres are destroyed''. #F1

Says it all, my god tyre wear is extremely high. I hope they can find a good balance, because they need it.