Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Cocles

Re: Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2013

Mika1 wrote:MercedesAMGSpy ‏@MercedesAMGSpy 29m
Lewis Hamilton: ''My rear tyres are destroyed''. #F1

Says it all, my god tyre wear is extremely high. I hope they can find a good balance, because they need it.
He said that over team radio during practice session 1, but that's all I know. What was the context? Had he been out for awhile?

Shakeman

Cocles wrote:
Mika1 wrote:MercedesAMGSpy ‏@MercedesAMGSpy 29m
Lewis Hamilton: ''My rear tyres are destroyed''. #F1

Says it all, my god tyre wear is extremely high. I hope they can find a good balance, because they need it.
He said that over team radio during practice session 1, but that's all I know. What was the context? Had he been out for awhile?
Latest reports are that their race tyre wear is fine but I've seen rear tyres on another forum looking destroyed. As you rightly say, without context the quotes and images are meaningless.

RB are complaining of much higher wear than Mel though.

dren

hamilton said they had too much oversteer in first practice and tire deg was thus high. they corrected it. they sound upbeat for good points but not a win.
Honda!

f1_junkie
f1_junkie

Gary Anderson wrote:

It appears that tyres are going to be the big story again this weekend as the teams try to keep them alive in the heat. Watching the cars out on the track in the first session, and seeing them as they come back into the pits, the McLaren appears to grain them more than the rest, with Lotus, Mercedes and Red Bull at the other end of the scale. The Ferrari looks like it is using its tyres quite hard but not past what is OK.

More on Mercedes:

BBC F1 technical analyst Gary Anderson:
"A lot of the teams are already struggling with tyre graining here. But the Lotus and Mercedes are looking after their tyres well. They definitely have an advantage when it comes to tyre wear at the moment."

Mika1
Mika1

After FP1 I was shocked by the tyre wear of Merc, but they improved their balance and it looked good in FP2. Balance is key.
The boss follows me on twitter.

Nando
Nando

When he said that he had done quite a few laps so it was only natural.
And it seemed to be fixed for the next session as in FP1 his rears was notably battered and even Nico gobbled him up due to that.

Just hope they don´t go crazy and think they can do one stop less again.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

clipsy1H

Mika1 wrote:After FP1 I was shocked by the tyre wear of Merc, but they improved their balance and it looked good in FP2. Balance is key.
or maybe because in FP2 was a little cold than FP1?...i don't know what to believe! i really want Mercedes on podium but i think is unrealistic. RB and Lotus looks so strong ! also Ferrari is on top. I think at the moment Merc is after RB Lotus Ferrari only Lewis can do something magic :mrgreen: and put Mercedes on podium.

i really want to see how Merc will perform at high temps.

astracrazy
astracrazy

i'm a lewis fan, but give nico credit. he matched him last week
Merc have a strong line up and nico will be/is more of a match than button imo. Hamilton won't be the only one to get podiums (if they get them).

beelsebob
beelsebob

astracrazy wrote:i'm a lewis fan, but give nico credit. he matched him last week
Merc have a strong line up and nico will be/is more of a match than button imo. Hamilton won't be the only one to get podiums (if they get them).
Did he? Hamilton beat him by half a second in qually. In the race the two were both cruising to preserve tyres.

clipsy1H

i don't know what happen with Brawn or the guy with strategy at Mercedes. Too much mistakes over 3 years and now again. In Australia they should let Lewis push in supersofts and fight with ferrari. Now in Malaysia keeps drivers on track for nothing. I think Lewis or Nico could end on pole or at least near Vettel.

Mika1
Mika1

I am optimistic, but I have to agree with you. It has to stop now. I hope they won't make the wrong decisions tomorrow. Did anyone notice Toto Wolff/Niki Lauda chatting with Ross Brawn after Q3? Guess the topic.
The boss follows me on twitter.

thomin

Just on German TV: Lauda and Wolff both criticizing Ross for his decision to call off Rosberg. Lauda said that the Mercedes way would be to let the fastest guy win and that they'd have to talk about whether or not this kind of policy would be sustained. I didn't believe that Brawn had to go after the season before, but now I do.

Morteza

thomin wrote:Just on German TV: Lauda and Wolff both criticizing Ross for his decision to call off Rosberg. Lauda said that the Mercedes way would be to let the fastest guy win and that they'd have to talk about whether or not this kind of policy would be sustained. I didn't believe that Brawn had to go after the season before, but now I do.
I really feel for Nico. Merc has my favorite driver line-up and although I like Lewis more, it was definitely Nico who deserved to be on the podium. It was really nice of Lewis to mention that as well. Unlike Justin Bieber at Red Bull who is so spoiled :sick:
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

SSS
SSS

beelsebob wrote:
astracrazy wrote:i'm a lewis fan, but give nico credit. he matched him last week
Did he? Hamilton beat him by half a second in qually. In the race the two were both cruising to preserve tyres.
2-3 Lap Stints with possibly different set-ups mean sh*t anyway so I guess that does not mean anything.

Over a sustainably long period I think both of them will be equally matched.

wunderkind
wunderkind

thomin wrote:Just on German TV: Lauda and Wolff both criticizing Ross for his decision to call off Rosberg. Lauda said that the Mercedes way would be to let the fastest guy win and that they'd have to talk about whether or not this kind of policy would be sustained. I didn't believe that Brawn had to go after the season before, but now I do.
Why risk a screw-up in front of their title sponsor?