Sahara Force India F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
user001

Re: Sahara Force India F1 Team 2013

can anybody confirm that sutil wouldn´t get visa for China Kanada and the USA in 2013?

KATO

Is Force India sill playing hard to get-??
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

raymondu999

Hard to get? In what way?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

stefan_

Force India teams up with 3D Systems

Force India has signed a new technical partnership with 3D Systems Corporation ahead of the 2013 season, a market-leading supplier of 3D content-to-print solutions. The Silverstone-based outfit has been making use of the company's machinery for a number of years, primarily for the construction of wind tunnel model components.

"We’ve been working with 3D systems as a customer for many years, so we are delighted to forge stronger links with a company that is the market-leader for rapid prototyping technology," said Team Principal Vijay Mallya. "We use their technology on a daily basis to manufacture wind tunnel model components and this new relationship will hopefully allow us to get performance to the car faster."

In November last year, Mallya announced that Force India's board members had approved a bonus investment of 50 million pounds to be used in future campaigns.
Last edited by Steven on 04 Jan 2013, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Replaced with link to f1technical
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

rssh

I think the 2013 season is a season were FI hasn't yet confirmed any driver even in JAN . Seeing from the FI's point of view the team doesn't require pay drivers as such but even some funding is big help for a mid-field team . All I can see is that FI has lost its star driver (HULK) and Di Resta is average at the best in getting points if the car is good enough . Now they have option of Adrian Sutil who is a bit of family for FI and a reserve driver Bianchi , Getting Sutil will mean a solid driver (kind of team leader) and in Bianchi they could get a good Ferrari Drivetrain deal for 2014 + seasons .

Now the question of the new drivetrain FI currently has excellent engine in Merc but for the turbo era one can only predict the best engine looking at the history (which is still not realistic approach) . Ferrari has never made great turbo engine (in F1 era of past) , Merc is really not knowing for excellent turbo's but Renault has had great history and experience in competitive turbo performance engines .

Coming back to topic FI if they choose Bianchi (who hasn't had many Friday practices) for is a complete rookie is a big gamble even with the Ferrari engine deal . All I can see is that FI should get Sutil and KK (fire DiResta for the negative publicity for FI these days :mrgreen: ) as they can compete with the best of the best in mid-field (I know KK was beaten for Perez but Perez who mostly because of counter tyre strategy but he is also excellent of tyre management)

PS - About the engine there as exception on excellent turbo engines from all brands also we are only talking about 1-2% performance difference [-o<

Forghieri

rssh wrote:I think the 2013 season is a season were FI hasn't yet confirmed any driver even in JAN . Seeing from the FI's point of view the team doesn't require pay drivers as such but even some funding is big help for a mid-field team . All I can see is that FI has lost its star driver (HULK) and Di Resta is average at the best in getting points if the car is good enough . Now they have option of Adrian Sutil who is a bit of family for FI and a reserve driver Bianchi , Getting Sutil will mean a solid driver (kind of team leader) and in Bianchi they could get a good Ferrari Drivetrain deal for 2014 + seasons .

Now the question of the new drivetrain FI currently has excellent engine in Merc but for the turbo era one can only predict the best engine looking at the history (which is still not realistic approach) . Ferrari has never made great turbo engine (in F1 era of past) , Merc is really not knowing for excellent turbo's but Renault has had great history and experience in competitive turbo performance engines .

Coming back to topic FI if they choose Bianchi (who hasn't had many Friday practices) for is a complete rookie is a big gamble even with the Ferrari engine deal . All I can see is that FI should get Sutil and KK (fire DiResta for the negative publicity for FI these days :mrgreen: ) as they can compete with the best of the best in mid-field (I know KK was beaten for Perez but Perez who mostly because of counter tyre strategy but he is also excellent of tyre management)

PS - About the engine there as exception on excellent turbo engines from all brands also we are only talking about 1-2% performance difference [-o<
I think it's a hard decision to make for Force India, are they going to take Jules Bianchi, a choice that will undoubtedly bring along the Ferrari engines for an interesting price, but rumor has it, Ferrari wants Force India to become a satelite team, like Torro Rosso and Red Bull, that means they'd lose a big part of their identity.

I'm almost sure Mr.Lauda isn't giving any discounts on the Merc. engine, wich could cost up to three times more then today's price, so maybe Force India will be forced to take the Bianchi/Ferrari deal, to guarantee continuity for the team.
And is Di Resta safe? Or will they choose a paydriver, Di Resta's sponsors are not worth mentioning, i would be a little worried about the whole situation if i was him.
Do you feel you can beat the Red Bulls, either to pole position or the race itself?
Fernando Alonso: "I prefer to beat them on Sunday."

FW17

Unless Di Resta gets a discount on the Merc engine bill I dont see the point of having him. He is as good as Sutil, but Sutil brings a few $.

Don't know how Senna will compare in Di Resta's seat

fritticaldi

EXCLUSIVE : The Italian media (italiaracing.net) is reporting that Force India is on the brink of collapse. VJ Mallya rescue plan for Kingfisher Airlines is not going well . Neither is the beverage segment . The situation is so bad that Bernie Ecclestone is looking at helping the team for the start of the season. This explains why the second driver wasn't named and also Paul Di Resta's lament in the British press why it was taking so long.

Forghieri

fritticaldi wrote:EXCLUSIVE : The Italian media (italiaracing.net) is reporting that Force India is on the brink of collapse. VJ Mallya rescue plan for Kingfisher Airlines is not going well . Neither is the beverage segment . The situation is so bad that Bernie Ecclestone is looking at helping the team for the start of the season. This explains why the second driver wasn't named and also Paul Di Resta's lament in the British press why it was taking so long.
I've read this article this morning, still a rumor of course, but it sounds serious, both for Force India and Mr.Mallya, that would indeed explain why they don't confirm the second driver or the much talked about Bianchi/Ferrari engine deal.
Do you feel you can beat the Red Bulls, either to pole position or the race itself?

multisync

Having been in the factory during the last week it seems they are carrying in regardless and putting things in place for the rest of the season....I wonder if this is actual evidence or rehashing of old stories?

Forghieri

Italiaracing.net has just removed the article (about Force India's bankruptcy and Ecclestone's rescueplan) from their site.

Paul

I wonder if them launching the car on same day as Ferrari is a coincidence, or there is something more to it...

rssh

Paul wrote:I wonder if them launching the car on same day as Ferrari is a coincidence, or there is something more to it...
All I can say is that there are 11 teams and they launch the cars 1 week prior to the say of 1st test so its just a co-incidence also now FI says that they will not confirm second driver even after unveil . May be they are gonna do a R31 (lotus 2011) kind of shootout btw driver to get the best driver and consistent driver.

dren

Hasn't FI been historically late to announce drivers?
Honda!

turbof1

Paul wrote:I wonder if them launching the car on same day as Ferrari is a coincidence, or there is something more to it...
Don't forget Force India announced their launch date before Ferrari did.
#AeroFrodo