Sahara Force India F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
raymondu999

Re: Sahara Force India F1 Team 2013

dren wrote:Hasn't FI been historically late to announce drivers?
But never this late. To memory, it's always been before Christmas (the announcement)
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Huntresa

Srsly why arent they launching live on youtube....

ESPImperium

Interesting sponsor on the side pod barge boards, the main personal sponsor of Bianchi.

Forghieri

ESPImperium wrote:Interesting sponsor on the side pod barge boards, the main personal sponsor of Bianchi.
You mean Aethra? If i'm not mistaking, they were a FI sponsor in 2012 also.
Do you feel you can beat the Red Bulls, either to pole position or the race itself?
Fernando Alonso: "I prefer to beat them on Sunday."

ESPImperium

Forghieri wrote:
ESPImperium wrote:Interesting sponsor on the side pod barge boards, the main personal sponsor of Bianchi.
They were, but paid the €6m for Bianchi and his 9 P1 outings and his 3 days testing in both young driver days and his one pre season day that he binned the car during the install lap.

They paid for him in GP2 and WSR last year too. Id say they have a €10m budget for Bianchi, but that would be about half of what Force India would want. There is only one driver that has the available €€€ to get close to the Force India rumoured needed amount for a pay driver. That driver is Bruno Senna.

Forghieri

ESPImperium wrote:
Forghieri wrote:
They were, but paid the €6m for Bianchi and his 9 P1 outings and his 3 days testing in both young driver days and his one pre season day that he binned the car during the install lap.

They paid for him in GP2 and WSR last year too. Id say they have a €10m budget for Bianchi, but that would be about half of what Force India would want. There is only one driver that has the available €€€ to get close to the Force India rumoured needed amount for a pay driver. That driver is Bruno Senna.
Ok, thanks for the info, Senna might have the €€€'s but Bianchi brings along a very nice dowry, in the form of Ferrari V6 turbos :wink:
Do you feel you can beat the Red Bulls, either to pole position or the race itself?

fritticaldi

Excellent news :Jules Bianchi will drive the Force India this Friday according to italiaracing.net
Di Resta will drive first then development driver, Rossiter.

Forghieri

fritticaldi wrote:Excellent news :Jules Bianchi will drive the Force India this Friday according to italiaracing.net
Great for Jules! Saw it coming a little, when Di Montezemolo crowned De La Rosa as third driver, because he "hoped" Bianchi would get the seat.

King Six

Forghieri wrote:
fritticaldi wrote:Excellent news :Jules Bianchi will drive the Force India this Friday according to italiaracing.net
Great for Jules! Saw it coming a little, when Di Montezemolo crowned De La Rosa as third driver, because he "hoped" Bianchi would get the seat.
Doesn't necessarily confirm that Bianchi will get the seat, but it makes it more likely. They already said they were planning to keep Bianchi in a testing/Friday role and sticking with Hulkenberg until he decided to leave. Either way it's a pretty weak grid if so many faster drivers have had to make way for young drivers with excessive backing. I'm not expecting Force India to do well this season though, they seem to have the most basic car, although on the other hand they finished last season very strongly so they probably know what they're doing. The driver lineup is a real disappointment though. The weakest they've ever had by a fair margin.

rahulsampath

Re: Force India VJM06 Mercedes

Sutil may complete the driver pair for Force India..

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105563

stefan_

Sutil preparing for Force India test outing

Adrian Sutil could test for Force India during the second pre-season gathering of the year at the Circuit de Catalunya next week, with GPUpdate.net learning that the German has completed a seat fitting in the team's VJM06 chassis.

Sutil, who is not yet guaranteed a test outing, is a leading candidate for the vacant seat alongside Paul di Resta. The 30-year-old drove for the outfit under various guises between 2007 and 2011 and is up against 2012 reserve Jules Bianchi.

"Adrian has had a seat fitting," a team spokesperson confirmed to GPUpdate.net. "The line-up is not finalised, but there is a possibility Adrian could be involved."

Force India is expected to reveal its full Circuit de Catalunya testing line-up on Monday. The venue, situated to the north of Barcelona, will host the final two pre-season tests of the year from 19-22 February and 28 February to 3 March respectively.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

GrizzleBoy

I think its quite obvious he's getting the drive.....you don't just fit seats.....and you don't have Adrian Sutil as a reserve driver....

We'll see I guess.

n_anirudh

Sutil brings in the sponsorship -- Medion bank and knows the team well.Guess Bianchi would still stay as reserve and get the occasional Friday outing

dren

If Sutil gets the seat, which I expect him to, he will be eaten alive the first half of the season. He will have a very strong second half after the summer break.
Honda!

Forghieri

n_anirudh wrote:Sutil brings in the sponsorship -- Medion bank and knows the team well.Guess Bianchi would still stay as reserve and get the occasional Friday outing
That was my first thought to, but it could also mean trouble for Di Resta, who doesn't have a lot of sponsors, maybe they'll go for Sutil and Bianchi (who could bring along the Ferrari engines for a reasonable price in 2014).