Marussia F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Richard

Marussia F1 Team 2013

Marussia F1 Team in 2013

TzeiTzei

Re: Marussia F1 Team

So, they had a somewhat positive second half of 2012. Closed the gap on Caterham quite a lot. I havent heard any confirmation about the drivers. Glock has a contract and Max Chilton seems to be a strong candidate for the second seat. It's a shame that they lost the 10th place in the closing laps of the 2012 season. That money would have come in handy.

What about the car? They'll apparently be the only team to use Cosworth engines, but the Williams KERS will be in the car next year. Pat Symonds has said that there are a lot of things they didnt have time to put into the 2012 car, so maybe they'll be more competitive.

raymondu999

TzeiTzei wrote:They'll apparently be the only team to use Cosworth engines
Isn't that already a fact though? Renault are powering Red Bull, Lotus, Caterham, Williams - Ferrari powering themselves, Sauber and Toro Rosso - Mercedes powering McLaren, themselves and Force India. The only other team to use Cossie power in 2012 pulled out.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

KATO

With HRT out is Coss also out? Would they should they bother making an Engine and proving "We are no longer Ford we will no longer make bad American engines and call them British" if they did who would take a chance in 2014...
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

stefan_

Marussia will start to use KERS technology from Williams starting 2013, so it will be interesting to see if they jump Caterham even with the extra money that Caterham will have for locking 10th in the constructors.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Pierce89

KATO wrote:With HRT out is Coss also out? Would they should they bother making an Engine and proving "We are no longer Ford we will no longer make bad American engines and call them British" if they did who would take a chance in 2014...
You mean "Ford-Cosworth" made British engines and called them American rather than the other way around.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Petroltorque

KATO wrote:With HRT out is Coss also out? Would they should they bother making an Engine and proving "We are no longer Ford we will no longer make bad American engines and call them British" if they did who would take a chance in 2014...
Even only supplying a single team this year Cosworth still are in bonus since the "New Formula" was meant to start in 2013. I would expect Marussia to get the better of Caterham next year as Marussia has the better core of design engineers who are making better use of a lower budget.

user001

stefan_ wrote:Marussia will start to use KERS technology from Williams starting 2013, so it will be interesting to see if they jump Caterham even with the extra money that Caterham will have for locking 10th in the constructors.
how much do you thing is KERS worth on one lap? 0.5 to 0.8 sec depending on the track?

stefan_

Re: Marussia F1 Team 2013

It depends on other things too (internals, aero). For example Caterham had the same engine as RB, Lotus and Williams but they were almost beaten by Marussia. The important thing is how you integrate KERS in the whole package - just putting it on the car doesn't guarantee you the gains that others have.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

marcush.

Caterham basically had the rear half of Redbulls RBR8 .They Have Illey as head of Aero they have a lot of good people ...for whatever reason Marussia reeled in on them with a package sans KERS,the unfashionable Cosworth engine and the old xtrac gearbox in a modernized (pullrod ) casing.
The question really is will Marussia turn the corner as Force India did as soon as they contracted to Mclaren applied technologies? What about force Indias plans ?will they still work with Mclaren now they have decided to invest heavily .If they separate this could be good news for Marrussia getting access to people returning from that programme..

fenix4life

Marussia confirme Chilton
Nikolay Fomenko, le président de Marussia Motors, a confirmé lors d'un entretien accordé aux médias russes que son écurie alignerait Max Chilton aux côtés de Timo Glock la saison prochaine en Formule 1.

Le jeune Britannique de 21 ans, qui n’a toujours pas été confirmé officiellement par l’équipe, n’arrivera pas les mains vides.

Il succèdera à Charles Pic chez Marussia en échange d’une contribution budgétaire s’élevant à pas moins de 11,5 millions d’euros. Une partie de cet argent aurait déjà servi à payer les frais d’inscription de l’écurie pour la saison 2013 de F1.

Chilton, qui a terminé quatrième du championnat de GP2 Series, est soutenu financièrement par son père Grahame, vice-président d’Aon, l’un des acteurs majeurs de la gestion des risques, du courtage d’assurance et de réassurance à travers le monde.
source: eurosport.fr

PlatinumZealot

marcush. wrote:Caterham basically had the rear half of Redbulls RBR8 .They Have Illey as head of Aero they have a lot of good people ...for whatever reason Marussia reeled in on them with a package sans KERS,the unfashionable Cosworth engine and the old xtrac gearbox in a modernized (pullrod ) casing.
The question really is will Marussia turn the corner as Force India did as soon as they contracted to Mclaren applied technologies? What about force Indias plans ?will they still work with Mclaren now they have decided to invest heavily .If they separate this could be good news for Marrussia getting access to people returning from that programme..
R b 6 rear half. The car looked fast, but was slow as molasses. Mostly because of poor pat integration. The marussia was better engineered IMO.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

KATO

Pierce89 wrote:
You mean "Ford-Cosworth" made British engines and called them American rather than the other way around.
I did not know that I was lied to so its just simply a crapy engine maker and the fact they were for a bit American owned had nothing to do with the shitty designs..
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

marcush.

n smikle wrote:
marcush. wrote:Caterham basically had the rear half of Redbulls RBR8 .They Have Illey as head of Aero they have a lot of good people ...for whatever reason Marussia reeled in on them with a package sans KERS,the unfashionable Cosworth engine and the old xtrac gearbox in a modernized (pullrod ) casing.
R b 6 rear half. The car looked fast, but was slow as molasses. Mostly because of poor pat integration. The marussia was better engineered IMO.
KERS installation and harware surely are identical? I cannot imagine REDBUll keeping their old bits which were so delicate and prone to failure to be kept in service..So maybe more like a RB7 rear half ,if not8.

Huntresa

marcush. wrote:
n smikle wrote:
KERS installation and harware surely are identical? I cannot imagine REDBUll keeping their old bits which were so delicate and prone to failure to be kept in service..So maybe more like a RB7 rear half ,if not8.
Why would KERS be identical? Sure its Renaults KERS but Red Bull prob have the skills or money to get a custom one from Renault and not the generic one.