Moving F1-Staff

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
iotar__

Re: Moving F1-Staff

Lotus wasn't not sold and Renault is not buying a team. Not yet at least, consultant may be temporary.

GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

kooleracer

McLaren is bleeding senior staff. Really awful situation for Mclaren. I see Phrew as replacement for Bob Bell. Bell was responsible for the chasis and engine integration. Prew will spearhead this role now according to the article. Since Paddy Lowe left McLaren, McLaren always promoted staff to replace senior staff something I think is not always good for a company. To my knowledge Peter Prodromou is the first high level acquisition in a long time for McLaren. If you look at Ferrari and Mercedes they all have acquired high level staff from rival teams. Both Ferrari en Mercedes have made a big gain the last 2 years. I hope McLaren can bolster their squad again in the coming months because their is a brain drain going on at McLaren since Paddy left them.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

Thunder

They had a lot of Staff coming too.

Copied from the Autosport Forum:

Eric Boullier - Lotus - team principall
Ciaron Pillbeam - Lotus/Red Bull - chief race engineer
Matt Morris - Sauber - Director of engineering
Peter Prodromou - Red Bull - chief engineer
Tony Salter - Sauber - principal aerodynamicist
Guillaume Cattelani -Lotus - head of aero
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

kooleracer

Thunders wrote:They had a lot of Staff coming too.

Copied from the Autosport Forum:

Eric Boullier - Lotus - team principall
Ciaron Pillbeam - Lotus/Red Bull - chief race engineer
Matt Morris - Sauber - Director of engineering
Peter Prodromou - Red Bull - chief engineer
Tony Salter - Sauber - principal aerodynamicist
Guillaume Cattelani -Lotus - head of aero
Compare this to Mercedes:

Paddy Lowe former TD
Bob Bell former TD
Aldo Costa former TD
Geoff Willis former TD
Mark Elliot Former Head of Aero at Lotus
Mark Ellis Former head of vehicle dynamics at Red Bull
Dr. Gary Hall former Head of Manufacturing Lotus
Jarrod Murphy former Lotus CFD head

Jock Clear and Bob Bell are gone. But they to got Phil Prew to replace Bell. Mercedes aren't silly they know you need the best to be / beat the best.

The quality of acquisition of Mercedes in the engineering team is astounding. Most of these people have builed WDC/WCC winning cars or have been in the business for a very long time with respectable teams and a proven track record.

Look at Ferrari bringing in James Allison to replace Pat Fry. McLaren needs more signings like P.P. to need to bolster their team.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

irang

http://en.f1i.com/news/38416-red-bull-e ... llara.html

Sauber's head of track engineering Giampaolo Dall'Ara is set to leave the team and move to DTM, with Red Bull's Tim Malyon replacing him.

awblade

Manor are apparently hiring Ferrari's Nikolas Tombazis as Chief Aerodynamicist. Isn't this a bit late in the off season to hire someone for aerodynamics?

turbof1

awblade wrote:Manor are apparently hiring Ferrari's Nikolas Tombazis as Chief Aerodynamicist. Isn't this a bit late in the off season to hire someone for aerodynamics?
Not if you are looking for 2017. He will not have an impact on the current car, but with 2017 bringing big changes, it's a sound move.
#AeroFrodo

EmJee

Some recent movings:

To McLaren:
- Jost Capito, Chief Executive Officer (former Motorsport director), from Volkswagen to McLaren (somewhere in 2016)

Within Ferrari:
- Massimo Rivola, Head of Driver Academy (former Sporting Director), within Ferrari (january 2016)

From Ferrari:
- Luca Baldisserri, Senior Consultant (former Head of Driver Academy), from Ferrari to Prema Powerteam (GP2) (january 2016)

From Manor Racing:
- Gianluca Pisanello, (former Chief Engineer), from Manor to First Light Fusion (january 2016)

vinuneuro

kooleracer wrote:
McLaren is bleeding senior staff. Really awful situation for Mclaren. I see Phrew as replacement for Bob Bell. Bell was responsible for the chasis and engine integration. Prew will spearhead this role now according to the article. Since Paddy Lowe left McLaren, McLaren always promoted staff to replace senior staff something I think is not always good for a company. To my knowledge Peter Prodromou is the first high level acquisition in a long time for McLaren. If you look at Ferrari and Mercedes they all have acquired high level staff from rival teams. Both Ferrari en Mercedes have made a big gain the last 2 years. I hope McLaren can bolster their squad again in the coming months because their is a brain drain going on at McLaren since Paddy left them.
I remain astounded that after all the terrible chassis since 2012, and without a WCC in basically forever, Tim Goss continues to be TD at McLaren. I don't think they will see any serious results until they make a change at that level.

lio007

Hm...RBR is looking for a new "Head of Composite R&D".
Wonder what happened to the current Head!?

mycadcae

any information about moving F1 staff 2017?..any update?
Regard,
Nik Wan, Mechanical Designer, CATIA V5/ Solidworks/Autodesk Inventor/ AutoCAD

miqi23

mycadcae wrote:any information about moving F1 staff 2017?..any update?
Yeah, most probably every one at Manor would be looking for jobs soon!

WaikeCU