Moving F1-Staff

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jolle

Re: Moving F1-Staff

Just_a_fan wrote:
14 Aug 2021, 10:44
ralphster7 wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 20:37
McLaren have also renamed all their engineering positions.

James Key is now Executive Technical Director, Andrea Stella Executive Racing Director, and Piers Thynne Executive Operations Director (from Production Director)
Really don't know why they've done this but I guess it is to distinguish the engineering hierarchy more clearly.
Williams have done a similar thing with Adam Carter now Engineering Director (instead of Chief Engineer) and Dave Wheater now Aerodynamics Director (instead of Head of Aero)
Could this be as a result of the cost cap? Certain senior management roles are excluded from the cost cap I believe. Maybe it's just the team ensuring those salaries are "safe".
My guess it’s more (in both cases) the end of a restructuring. After you get the people to fill the positions, you look at the organisation to maximise the people you got.

diffuser

Jolle wrote:
14 Aug 2021, 11:34
Just_a_fan wrote:
14 Aug 2021, 10:44
ralphster7 wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 20:37
McLaren have also renamed all their engineering positions.

James Key is now Executive Technical Director, Andrea Stella Executive Racing Director, and Piers Thynne Executive Operations Director (from Production Director)
Really don't know why they've done this but I guess it is to distinguish the engineering hierarchy more clearly.
Williams have done a similar thing with Adam Carter now Engineering Director (instead of Chief Engineer) and Dave Wheater now Aerodynamics Director (instead of Head of Aero)
Could this be as a result of the cost cap? Certain senior management roles are excluded from the cost cap I believe. Maybe it's just the team ensuring those salaries are "safe".
My guess it’s more (in both cases) the end of a restructuring. After you get the people to fill the positions, you look at the organisation to maximise the people you got.
I work in a Engineering company and every few years they change our titles. It rarely changes what we do. In my opinion it's managers try to show people they're doing something.

diffuser

ralphster7 wrote:
13 Aug 2021, 14:06
Remi Taffin Engine Technical Director at Alpine has left the team, rumoured to be returning to Red Bull where he was seconded to from Renault 2012-2015
Considering how Taffin came up through the ranks at Renault, I think he's more of a manager than a PU technical guy.

ralphster7

Vincent Hubert Deputy Engine Technical Director at Alpine is remaining at the team but his position is now the Head of Regulatory Matters - FIA Liaison & Technical Strategy.

ralphster7

Jarrod Murphy Head of Aero at Mercedes has been promoted to director of Aerodynamics effectively replacing Mike Elliott as Technology Director.

ralphster7

James Crook became Principal Aerodynamicist at Williams in May, being promoted from Aero Project Leader. A lot of promotions at Williams atm

ralphster7

Richard Saxby has joined McLaren Applied as Head of Motorsport Accounts he joins from Mercedes where he was Head of Test and Development Centre since 2013.

ralphster7

Fabio Segalini Head of Design Office at Haas has left to join Oreca.

ScottR267

https://the-race.com/formula-1/ex-merce ... -chairman/

Nick Fry to become McLaren Applied chairman

ralphster7

-Enrico Balbo will replace Dan Fallows at Red Bull as Head of Aero, he was previously Head of Aero Development at the team
-Bradley Joyce is now Head of Trackside Engineering at Aston, Ben Michell has taken his place as Stroll's engineer.

velizare

Marty_Y

I saw this and it made me laugh so I thought I'd share it, sorry if it's a bit off topic.

ScottR267

Marc Cox leaving McLaren. Not sure of any other leavers/movements given it’s the end of the season- guess time will tell on that.

Does anyone know who has left Haas, given Mazepins offer to staff to try and retain them

diffuser

Marty_Y wrote:
25 Nov 2021, 03:31
I saw this and it made me laugh so I thought I'd share it, sorry if it's a bit off topic.
Kind of surprised that is getting longer.... presuming this was not someone's attempt at humor. They must be getting paid by one of the 2 tteams while an employee is on Gardening leave. At the end of the day, all the teams end up spending more money.