Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
i70q7m7ghw

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W05

SectorOne wrote:
Diesel wrote:Race 1-2s and front row lockouts are dependent on driver, so you can't use those.
Just like all of them are dependent on driver and car. You can certainly use them.
Diesel wrote:I never said the RB7 was more dominant, or equal, it just said it wasn't that far behind, the F2004 was probably even closer.
Based on what numbers?
These numbers:-
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... =1&t=20783

Shrieker

Re: Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2014

turbof1 wrote:Well, it's the way you look at it. He has the number #1; he doesn't need to show it, everybody knows he'll be the defending leader.

It's a matter of standing out. It's almost marketing of you will. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts a clothing line named #44 after this :P.
Like Rossi did with his bright yellow #46. I think he didn't use #1 either, always kept his #46 iirc.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

turbof1

Shrieker wrote:
turbof1 wrote:Well, it's the way you look at it. He has the number #1; he doesn't need to show it, everybody knows he'll be the defending leader.

It's a matter of standing out. It's almost marketing of you will. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts a clothing line named #44 after this :P.
Like Rossi did with his bright yellow #46. I think he didn't use #1 either, always kept his #46 iirc.
They even made an energy drink of it:

Marketeers all over the world will be very eager to exploit the potentional goldmine LH-44 is. They even have the appreciable and very recognisable word hammertime, just like Valentino has the nickname the doctor.

number 44 is the new number 1.
#AeroFrodo

SilverArrow10

Hammer time should now be his catchphrase now too, that's got to be a marketing opportunity, that's the thing about Hamilton is that he is very marketable, heck I am getting his championship snap back if and when it comes out. 44 should become his signature I think :lol:
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

Shakeman

SilverArrow10 wrote:Hammer time should now be his catchphrase now too, that's got to be a marketing opportunity, that's the thing about Hamilton is that he is very marketable, heck I am getting his championship snap back if and when it comes out. 44 should become his signature I think :lol:
I think MC Hammer might have a thing or two to say about his catchphrase being purloined for marketing reasons.

mrluke

Shakeman wrote:
SilverArrow10 wrote:Hammer time should now be his catchphrase now too, that's got to be a marketing opportunity, that's the thing about Hamilton is that he is very marketable, heck I am getting his championship snap back if and when it comes out. 44 should become his signature I think :lol:
I think MC Hammer might have a thing or two to say about his catchphrase being purloined for marketing reasons.
Good job nobody ever copyrighted the wheel. :roll:

Moose

mrluke wrote:
Shakeman wrote:
Good job nobody ever copyrighted the wheel. :roll:
Just for reference (given that this is a technical forum).

Copyrights are given on works (not ideas, like the wheel), they are given to you when you create the work, whether you like it or not. You don't "copyright" something - you just have the copyright by dint of having made the work.

Patents are given on ideas. You do need to apply for the patent. A patent is an exchange - you get a monopoly on the idea for a set period of time. Everyone else gets to know what it is you did. That's the exchange, it's a method of encouraging you to not keep secrets, by rewarding you for telling you how your invention works.

The wheel would have been patentable (up until everyone else saw how it worked anyway, and for a limited period). The line "STOP, Hammer Time" (glad Hamilton doesn't use the STOP part), is copyrighted.

Kingshark

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W05

Diesel wrote:I never said the RB7 was more dominant, or equal, it just said it wasn't that far behind, the F2004 was probably even closer.
There were many races in 2011 where the Red Bull RB7 was not the fastest car. McLaren were faster in Spain, Hungary, Japan, and Abu Dhabi. Ferrari were faster in Silverstone.

There were also quite a few races in 2004 where Ferrari was not fastest. Renault was faster in Monaco, McLaren was faster in Belgium, and Williams was faster in Brazil.

In which race this season has Mercedes not had the fastest car? None.

Thunder

Ferrari doing some very subtle Research on the Mercedes. ^^
https://twitter.com/miquelliso/status/5 ... 8320449538
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

CBeck113

At least they chose the right team to benchmark, and aren't trying to hide it.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Writinglife

Time for Mercedes to walk 10 people in Mercedes shirts over to the Ferrari and stand around pointing at it and scribbling nonsense notes on a pad of paper.

ScottB

Writinglife wrote:Time for Mercedes to walk 10 people in Mercedes shirts over to the Ferrari and stand around pointing at it and scribbling nonsense notes on a pad of paper.
Notes along the lines of 'Don't copy that' or 'Can you believe they did that? Haha'

:twisted:

Writinglife

ScottB wrote:Notes along the lines of 'Don't copy that' or 'Can you believe they did that? Haha'

Or just suck air through their teeth in the manner of a plumber or electrician "Well, it's a tough job and is going to take a while. I can probably fix it for £250 (million) quid"

turbof1

ScottB wrote:
Writinglife wrote:Time for Mercedes to walk 10 people in Mercedes shirts over to the Ferrari and stand around pointing at it and scribbling nonsense notes on a pad of paper.
Notes along the lines of 'Don't copy that' or 'Can you believe they did that? Haha'

Probably they should have prints on their T-shirts too: "really nothing to see here"
#AeroFrodo

kooleracer

Beginning of the season:

W04 fastest lap during qualifiying by Rosberg in Bahrein 2013: 1:32.330
W05 fastest lap during qualifiying by Rosberg in Bahrein 2014: 1:33.185

End of this season:
RB9 fastest lap during qualifiying by Webber in Abu Dhabi 2013: 1:39.957
W05 fastest lap during qualifiying by Rosberg in Abu Dhabi 2014: 1:40.480

The W06 could set new pole records next year of they can find a 1 second in the winter. I'm that the will find a big margin. We finally could get rid of some old records that are there for the taking. A lot of the records were set in the V10 era, would be great if the W06 could be the first hybrid F1 car that is quicker then a naturally aspirated V10 on some tracks.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."