Scuderia Ferrari 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
alexx_88
alexx_88

Re: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

It seems like another business manager, but worse than SD from the racing experience point of view (none, the article says). Maybe they are preparing for a Dual-TP configuration, like Mercedes? In that case, neither Ross Brawn, nor Flavio Briatore fit the bill.

If it were my decision, although the dual-TP configuration seems like a winner now, thinking that the W05 was actually built under Ross Brawn's leadership makes his employment as a team principal with absolute authority a no-brainer at this point. Lots of options at this point, it will be interesting to see how this pans out.

A lot of speculation can be made at this point, including that Mattiacci will work in a dual-TP configuration with Allison/Fry as technical managers until Brawn will be available for hiring.
Last edited by alexx_88 on 14 Apr 2014, 11:21, edited 1 time in total.

aleks_ader

alexx_88 wrote:It seems like another business manager, but worse than SD from the racing experience point of view (none, the article says). Maybe they are preparing for a Dual-TP configuration, like Mercedes? In that case, neither Ross Brawn, nor Flavio Briatore fit the bill.

If it were my decision, although the dual-TP configuration seems like a winner now, thinking that the W05 was actually built under Ross Brawn's leadership makes his employment as a team principal with absolute authority a no-brainer at this point. Lots of options at this point, it will be interesting to see how this pans out.

A lot of speculation can be made at this point, includi
Yes if i remember well from history. The one of the most fearsome dinastys Spartanias (ancient Greek polis states) also rules under dual kings leaderships system. :D
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

atlantis
atlantis

Reports are that Domenicali also left Ferrari

Emerson.F
Emerson.F

Mattiacci was in command of the Division America. A man highly esteemed in Maranello and even more so in Turin. He has no racing experience. :?
Last edited by Emerson.F on 14 Apr 2014, 12:59, edited 1 time in total.
Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

f1universe
f1universe

So Domenicali v2 or is just temporary?.

heidenreich27
heidenreich27

I reported last week that dominically will be fired.

Now I have another bad news from pitlanetalk.
The engine software updated was already implemented in Bahrain with new Gear Ratios.
Ferrari plans next year a complete redesign of the engine.

Kiril Varbanov

aleks_ader

kaido wrote:
F1NAC wrote:President & CEO at Ferrari North America

has he some experience in motorsport?
that blog says he has no motorsport experiences

YES: I made summary from LinkedIN

Marco Mattiacci

President & CEO at Ferrari North America
Education: Columbia Business School
Specialties:Strong passion and understanding of Marketing dynamics but with great focus on ROI and all the aspect of Finance. Execution, Execution, Execution! Take out 120% from each member of the team

Here It is his profile and take a look on its portofolio: LinkedIN profile Mattiacci
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

hollus

heidenreich27 wrote:...The engine software updated was already implemented in Bahrain with new Gear Ratios...
This is not true. A video of Raikkonen in quali in Bahrain shows the same gear ratios Ferrari had in Malaysia.
Rivals, not enemies.

Kiril Varbanov

On a related note, the Team Principal position acquires football-like status: https://twitter.com/adamcooperF1/status ... 9579323392 https://twitter.com/EliGP/status/455655915346489344

timbo
timbo

aleks_ader wrote:
kaido wrote:
F1NAC wrote:President & CEO at Ferrari North America

has he some experience in motorsport?
that blog says he has no motorsport experiences

YES: I made summary from LinkedIN

Marco Mattiacci

President & CEO at Ferrari North America
Education: Columbia Business School
Specialties:Strong passion and understanding of Marketing dynamics but with great focus on ROI and all the aspect of Finance. Execution, Execution, Execution! Take out 120% from each member of the team

Here It is his profile and take a look on its portofolio: LinkedIN profile Mattiacci
I guess Fry would step up as a team manager, while Mattiacci would take more on the commercial side.

Emerson.F
Emerson.F

I guess we all saw this one coming...

Note looks at the arab guy on the right : "He's about to get it watch this.."

SiLo

I'm just waiting for them to replace him and for the results to stay the same. They need changes elsewhere as well as at the top I think.
Felipe Baby!

Emerson.F
Emerson.F

SiLo wrote:I'm just waiting for them to replace him and for the results to stay the same. They need changes elsewhere as well as at the top I think.
I think the engineers and designers of the car should go and take Pat Fry with them.

diffuser

Emerson.F wrote:
SiLo wrote:I'm just waiting for them to replace him and for the results to stay the same. They need changes elsewhere as well as at the top I think.
I think the engineers and designers of the car should go and take Pat Fry with them.

I believe that statement is categorically wrong. I'm too far removed to know who is good and who is bad. I am sure that they are not all Great and they're not all bad.

You need to evaluate properly, place people in the right place and remove the weak. We changed to Allison, I don't believe we've seen his effect yet, lets give that some time. Not sure if the engine falls under him but it seems to be severely underpowered and difficult to drive.

My biggest issue is with all the names ending in a vowel.. In today's Global Capitalistic society, the odds are against congregating that many in 1 team. Unless you're using another criteria for choosing personnel. Then you just end up with the best personnel with names ending in a vowel. BTW, my name ends in a vowel.