Scuderia Ferrari 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
max_speed

Re: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

Chuckjr wrote:I have a few thoughts in regards to this matter. These are just my thoughts for conjecture, not ideas and facts I've picked up at other websites. Feel free to flush twice...it's a long way to Monty's office. :)

We all noticed from day one in testing that the Ferrari team went about their entire testing program differently than in past years as it has been mentioned in another thread here at f1tech. James Allison seems to be having a direct effect on the testing and evaluation of the Ferrari car. His methodical approach will be new to the team this year compared to past years and will offer new team organizational and car developmental options as they blaze into an update program here in 2014. I believe their development path will take a much more logical and expeditious approach IMO, and will bring the car up to speed much quicker than years past. As we all know, it's much easier to make a slow car faster than a fast car faster--it's easier to catch than stay ahead in other words. That's at least what I've observed over the years watching f1.

Additionally the Ferrari wind tunnel is in full working order now running 24 7 and seems to be, according to reports, of the highest technological caliber available. Something tells me they have both conservative and radical development paths to choose from atm, and now that it's clear they are far behind, maybe they enact the riskier and more radical update course should it exist? Who knows, but I think it's clear they will not be too conservative at this point considering they are struggling to pass the midfield currently.

Finally, it has to be noted that Fred is still in his prime - he still is dead center, and if Ferrari can give him a car that is somewhat competitive -- say within 3-5 10ths of the Mercedes, he very well may be able to extrapolate that last bit and become much more competitive.

One question I do have is what the hell is the matter with KR? I hope he gets more comfortable with the car soon!
i still see optimist in you . as an ardent ferrari fan i do feel same but i know in my head that this year championship is lost.you mark my word we will sync at year end.

Afterburner

This season, with so many new changes, and even doing the chassis and engine in the same roof, it became clear Ferrari weaknesses. Their strongest point was the money and the ability to test has they wanted, now those times are gone and even williams and mclaren are ahead, and they are all engine client teams. Alonso masks very well Ferraris weakness but i suspect this year he will leave the team, it's quite frustrating the lack of flame the scuderia has these days.

bhall

max_speed wrote:i still see optimist in you . as an ardent ferrari fan i do feel same but i know in my head that this year championship is lost.you mark my word we will sync at year end.
Some asshat made this boldly stupid assertion about a car (F2012) that subsequently finished but a single point away from Championship glory.
bhallg2k wrote:[...]

But, really, looking at this car, there's no way. I've held my tongue for as long as I can. This car looks DOA.
:(

Afterburner

bhallg2k wrote:
max_speed wrote:i still see optimist in you . as an ardent ferrari fan i do feel same but i know in my head that this year championship is lost.you mark my word we will sync at year end.
Some asshat made this boldly stupid assertion about a car (F2012) that subsequently finished but a single point away from Championship glory.
bhallg2k wrote:[...]

But, really, looking at this car, there's no way. I've held my tongue for as long as I can. This car looks DOA.
:(
It wasn't the car that finished a single point away, it was Fernando Alonso that finished, if you know what i mean...

bhall

Afterburner wrote:It wasn't the car that finished a single point away, it was Fernando Alonso that finished, if you know what i mean...
You'll have to forgive me. It appears I missed the races in which Alonso physically pushed his car to victory.

I bet that was a sight to see.

Afterburner

bhallg2k wrote:
Afterburner wrote:It wasn't the car that finished a single point away, it was Fernando Alonso that finished, if you know what i mean...
You'll have to forgive me. It appears I missed the races in which Alonso physically pushed his car to victory.

I bet that was a sight to see.
Saying it like that seems drivers plays nothing on the cars efficiency, if that's the case Massa had a different car from Alonso if we analyze this year Massa's performance with williams.

Chuckjr

Ferrari have smart engineers and deep passion just like every team on the grid. One swallow does not a summer make, so there's no need for embracing doom atm - that mindset will only drive the energy to that direction. Merc won't keep their domination just like Macca didn't when they had the best coanda. Give Allison, Fry, Marmorini, and the other Ferrari engineers a chance to improve the car! We've got a whole year to go and it's easier to make a slow car fast than a fast car faster IMO.

This is far from over.
Watching F1 since 1986.

bhall

Chuckjr wrote:One swallow does not a summer make...
Well, I'd say that depends largely on who's doing the swallowing.

:D

Afterburner

According to some press news, Ferraris PU it's almost 15kg heavier compared to their rivals, considering engine freeze it's pretty difficult changing that arguing reliability issues, has a Ferrari fan that doesn't gives me much hope.

Chuckjr

Great response bhallg2k!! HAHAHA!! LOL!!! :)

Have faith Afterburner. We don't have certainty to what disadvantages are exactly causing the Ferrari struggle. Have faith that they and Macca and Williams will come around to bring solid challengers to the Merc juggernaut.
Watching F1 since 1986.

shelly

Italian journalist Leo Turrini reports that the bad showing in Melabourne has led to a staff reshuffle in the technical group in charge of ERS in Maranello.

http://blog.quotidiano.net/turrini/2014 ... rs-e-kers/
twitter: @armchair_aero

charlex

well done..fired!

mika vs michael

Who is fired?
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

charlex

Re: R: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

mika vs michael wrote:Who is fired?
ers and kers principals

fisio

i think it maybe an Allison decision ,he know other working method , and i think him can other electronic engeniers ,(ex lotus ??)