Scuderia Ferrari 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ringo

Re: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

diffuser wrote:
ringo wrote:Ferrari need to give Pat Fry the boot.
He was second grade at Mclaren and to this day i don't see why they have him in the team.
He to me is most responsible for the lack of performance at ferrari.

if anyone from ferrari is reading this thread....
GET RID OF PAT FRY !!

He has created a bunch of ugly and slow cars. his efforts at mclaren produced the silver donkey, and he went on to ferrari to spread his mediocrity. He needs to go!
Like the 2007 McLaren ? That was his Chassis right? The year that Ron Dennis allowed team infighting between 2 McLaren Drivers to be tied for point and lost the drivers title by 1 point to Rai ? I think he was also responsoible for the 2005 McLaren MP4-20.

Well his technical abilities aside.... He's brought over a bunch of engineers from McLaren. I presume some of those people wouldn't take too well with him being pushed out. If people like him enough to follow him ...it says something about the man.

I really have no idea how good or bad Pat Fry is. Paddy Lowe might. I presume that Alonzo had something to do with him coming over to Ferrari since they were at McLaren together during that 2007 year.
As you were saying? :mrgreen:
I remember he was a mclaren reject when he joined ferrari. He was second best, and at the time i was wondering why would ferrari pick up mclaren's scraps.
For Sure!!

ringo

What i will suggest for Ferrari to turn things around like Mercedes did, is to hire new key engineers.
New leadership is not where it ends. You can have a new leader with the direction and vission, but his work doesn't really start until he scans through his team of engineers and pick out which ones he thinks can support the vission and reject the ones he thinks will be dead weight.
James Allision should now make sure that the engineers he has aren't exactly the same as the ones who built the previous cars. because no matter how much you direct them, their skill sets and creativity are still limited to the previous experience with the crap ferraris. For success their should be deep tissue exfoliation, a rooting up of the weeds, and subsequent replacement with fresh minds. So i suggest Ferrari conitinue to cut people, but do it in a way that fixes the technical issues, even if it means getting rid of a lot of italian engineers and bringing in British engineers.
For Sure!!

Kiril Varbanov

Jock Clear is on one year gardening leave, then oof to Scuderia to become head of track engineering.

lebesset

why does everyone say ferrari have been crap cars , even at their worst they have alway been in the top 4 , isthere some reason they should be number 1 all the time ?
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

giantfan10

lebesset wrote:why does everyone say ferrari have been crap cars , even at their worst they have alway been in the top 4 , isthere some reason they should be number 1 all the time ?
you know i ask myself this exact same question every time i come to this forum or any other F1 forum....
this is the internet age where everyone is an expert on everything
every expert knows whats wrong with every car and know the secret formula to make it fast
this is the age where being a fan somehow gives u the right to be better than the people running the team
since 2000 ferrari has won HALF of the constructors championships, and were second in 2
6 drivers championships since 2000 and and 7 second place finishes
thats obviously not good enough for the mob
ferrari it seems is obligated to win every race and every constructor and driver championship to be anything but a garbage team.... mind blowing if u ask me

Phil

Maybe it has more to do with the kind of image Ferrari portrays and that they themselves expect to be WDC contenders every single season. Maybe it also has to do that Ferrari seem to have the most fans or that the Tifosi are regarded as the most passionate fans. I think by their own admission, 2014 was one of their worst years for a long time. At least in the years before, they were somewhat competitive...

Not to mention that they do receive a bigger cut of the pie from Bernie every single year... Aren't they also one of the teams that arguably invest more money every single year (although I take it that Mercedes and RedBull have probably invested more the last couple of years)?
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

zeph

I think the fact that Ferrari fired two team principals along with half their technical staff over the course of nine months is sufficient proof that they are aware they have been on a downhill slope for quite some time now, nothing to do with armchair experts on internet fora.

F1NAC

hm that's a lot of test drivers huh? Are Ferrari seeking probably for Kimi's replacement? :idea:

giantfan10

zeph wrote:I think the fact that Ferrari fired two team principals along with half their technical staff over the course of nine months is sufficient proof that they are aware they have been on a downhill slope for quite some time now, nothing to do with armchair experts on internet fora.
and that is supposed to be a bad thing? so they decided the direction they were going with the people they fired did not meet their interests and they replaced them.... end of story.....
that downhill slope comment pretty much sums up the " modern fan" way of thinking....
Ferrai has not finished lower than 4th in the last 15 constroctor championships... thats a downhill slide?? i guess it is if youre supposed to win every race like some think.
no team in any sport can win everything all the time..

Jonnycraig

F1NAC wrote:hm that's a lot of test drivers huh? Are Ferrari seeking probably for Kimi's replacement? :idea:
Gutierrez will do a lot of schmoozing and drive an FP in Mexico, Vergne will be evaluated for a future race seat.

A bit embarrassing for RB to see the guy theyve scandalously overlooked several times be taken on by another top team.

giantfan10

looks like Ferrari and renault will be able to use their 32 tokens over the course of the entire season if they dont use them all by the cutoff date
2015 is the last year of the PU freeze
the strategy group agreed : ) looks like 2015 will be more competitive : )
they are leaning towards getting rid of the fuel flow limit and standardising engine components for example the battery to lower costs.. max cost for a 2016 pu will be 10 million.
they are shooting for 1000 horepower from the current engine

Racer X

So what is the deal at Ferrari

Vettel & Kimi DIVERS

Esteban & Vergne RESERVE/Test Driver
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Cuky

Racer X wrote:So what is the deal at Ferrari

Vettel & Kimi DIVERS

You forgot Pedro De La Rosa, Marc Gene and Davide Rigon as all three of them are listed on their page as test drivers. And you can probably count Raffaele Marciello in as he got his chance to drive F14-T at the last test day in Abu Dhabi

Crucial_Xtreme

Cuky wrote:
Racer X wrote:So what is the deal at Ferrari

Vettel & Kimi DIVERS

You forgot Pedro De La Rosa, Marc Gene and Davide Rigon as all three of them are listed on their page as test drivers. And you can probably count Raffaele Marciello in as he got his chance to drive F14-T at the last test day in Abu Dhabi
Pedro de la Rosa and Ferrari have parted ways, he is gone. I'm not sure about Gene & Rigon.

Vergne will be focusing on simulator work and improving that area of the team.