Caterham F1 team 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
bucker
bucker

Re: Caterham F1 team 2014

https://www.crowdcube.com/caterham/

Help Caterham F1 team get back on the grid for Abu Dhabi GP

Huntresa
Huntresa

bucker wrote:https://www.crowdcube.com/caterham/

Why would anyone help them... And who are we helping exactly ? Who will run the team at Abu Dhabi if we crowdfund them ?

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

How about NO

help a conner by getting conned yourself, yeah. rediculous.

and indeed, what for? just for the abu dhabi grandprix so they can sell their assets to Forza Rossa, a game initiated by themselves in a dirty way. They haven't got their business sorted before, face the consequences.

Will you guys crowdfund me if i lose my job due to my own failure? :roll:

I think this is the most rediculous action done in a while. I can imagine Brabham team initiative to start a base,
and I can understand Kamui's initiative to raise funds for a drive. Kobayashi atleast gave the donators something back
and I imagine Brabham will find a solution to 'repay' or give something back for their funders.

with Caterham, it goes into the big dark deep endless hole of nothing. Well, it'll go into somebody's pockets, but not where we'd possibly want it to end up.

Caterham can shut down. Goodbye. Shame that this great looking car (after the update) is gonna miss in the field, but i won't let a tear about the way things are handled there.

I don't get the sympathy.

I can start with standard make the world better phrases like 'better donate your money for starving children or to agencies against child abuse', but that doesn't really make sense since then you can just shut down F1 entirely.
However, if i'd choose to donate my money, i'd have a variety of options to choose from before i'd even remotely concider this.....I expect buying a lottery ticket would give me more of a chance on winning it compared to Caterham being on the 2015 field thanks to such a donation.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Hail22

Crowd funding project passes over a million GBP within 48 hours of it begining:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formul ... Dhabi.html
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

marcush.
marcush.

Huntresa wrote:

Why would anyone help them... And who are we helping exactly ? Who will run the team at Abu Dhabi if we crowdfund them ?
The team is under administration - one would think the actions have to be aproved by them ...their aim is to find an investor ..that´s only possible if targets are met .One of them is to start in Abu Dhabi ..I think it is not the worst of ideas to borrow some time ...and considering the sum they already raised in the short time scale crowdfunding is just what the small teams have asked for ....
Sad it wasn´t Marussia starting one. I would have donated .

FW17

Today......

mikeerfol

CptPeanut
CptPeanut

Just had an email from Caterham via CrowdCube to say that they have raised enough to make it to Abu Dhabi. Will be interested to see who gets a drive though, perhaps someone has paid for a seat?

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

mikeerfol wrote:So Caterham will race in Abu Dhabi

https://twitter.com/CaterhamF1/status/5 ... 3171404801
The fact that the fund is still nowhere near the target, and the deadline has been extended until after Abu Dhabi might suggest to a cynic that it had nothing to do with funding the team and was more a genius idea by the administrators to flog off the accumulated tat laying around the premises at a far higher price than it would've achieved at salvage auction.

Raleigh
Raleigh

Caterham is saying the crowdfunding success (albeit partial, 79% of target achieved) has attracted sponsors and this will allow them to be at Abu Dhabi.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

and what will it change except be but loot? Forza Rossa was not granted a grid spot for 2015 - looting the dead (dare say killed) corpse for a golden ticket in the form of a grid spot for 2015?

What good will ending up in Abu Dhabi be? well that answer is simple, prize money. And then what? what bills will that pay?
They will be gone 2015 either way. It's like fixing the issue of a cut head artery by pumping in blood from the knees....when the blood supply stops, it's dead anyway.

So what will the team do? What will they bring? is one car enough? What driver will they use? Will they participate in FP and set a time withing 107% rule so they can skip qualy and enter the race? And then what? will they nice and tidely end their first lap into the pits and return home?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

xpensive
xpensive

What a shameful scam.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

stefan_
stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Di-69
Di-69

Why Caterham ? They had no points , no performance and what will they bring ? Don't get me wrong , I'ed love for them to survive and come back next year fighting but I can't help feeling it's just putting off the inevitable . Marussia had a better standing in my eyes and they've gone . But this is just a Symptom of a much bigger problem. But what do I know , I'm just a fun losing interest in F1.

FW17

Looks like they have given a call to andre lotterer, his ride to reject.

Would love to see him do a race as spa was a non starter.