Mclaren Mercedes 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mclaren_mircea

Re: Mclaren-Mercedes F1 Team 2014

Boullier said today for Autosport that more people are coming at Mclaren during the winter: "Boullier said the restructuring he has overseen since joining McLaren from Lotus is now complete, but he revealed the strengthening of the technical team would continue over the winter with more appointments. "What I want is a very strong re-grouped team, all clicking together, and then we will have strong foundations for McLaren for the next 10 years," Boullier added.
"That is why we will have some very senior people joining us, but also more 'junior' people, who have been nurtured in the shadows of some of the bigger names [in the sport]"

Source: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117208

mclaren_mircea

Ron Dennis said that Honda's principal target this year is making the engine reliable, because on the performance level the engine is "pretty impressive": ""The challenge for our partner Honda is hitting dates and reliability," he said. "The performance is pretty impressive but of course I can't share that with you."

Source: http://en.espnf1.com/mclaren/motorsport ... 87829.html

JoeE

Anyone who are current club "team members", have you got any sneaky emails on the 2015 clothing.

I guess the one JB was wearing at launch would be getting some type of freshness added

FW17

Impressive fact :!:

30 dynamometers running at Sakura

lio007

WilliamsF1 wrote:Impressive fact :!:

yeah...hard to believe
If they're all used, wouldn't this cost multiple 100 Millions?

CptPeanut

JoeE wrote:Anyone who are current club "team members", have you got any sneaky emails on the 2015 clothing.

I guess the one JB was wearing at launch would be getting some type of freshness added
Nothing yet, but doubt they would release anything before the car launch.

aleks_ader

Fact? Source?
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

bdr529

aleks_ader wrote:

Fact? Source?
The last line in the article

"this sort of detail and commitment is far more indicative of where we are going than the fact of having 30 of the latest and greatest dynamometers."

ringo

Hmm, seems like Honda are very very very confident.
Ron is setting himself up to eat a coop full of crows with his choice of words.

From what he is bringing across.. the honda PU is the most powerfull and is a better package than the mercedes unit.
Also their development is also next to none. Their only weakness is their experience with racing the new engine which will affect its reliability.
Very bullish.. and i was a Honda doubter, but now they have my attention. Mclaren domination once again, or a year long cage match between Mercedes and Mclaren?
For Sure!!

Kingshark

ringo wrote:Very bullish.. and i was a Honda doubter, but now they have my attention. Mclaren domination once again, or a year long cage match between Mercedes and Mclaren?
I want to see Alonso vs Hamilton in different teams with equal machinery (kinda like McLaren/Ferrari 2000) in a straight-up dog-fight for the title.

Crucial_Xtreme

Kingshark wrote: I want to see Alonso vs Hamilton in different teams with equal machinery (kinda like McLaren/Ferrari 2000) in a straight-up dog-fight for the title.
This! I couldn't agree more. To see HAM vs ALO, the two best drivers on the grid, with equal machinery but different teams would be great. I expect Honda to surprise many with their PU. I find it difficult to believe McLaren will be level with Mercedes in Melbourne, but I do believe they can be closer than anyone else with the potential to be level with them before the end of the season.

lebesset

mclaren_mircea wrote:Boullier said today for Autosport that more people are coming at Mclaren during the winter: "Boullier said the restructuring he has overseen since joining McLaren from Lotus is now complete, but he revealed the strengthening of the technical team would continue over the winter with more appointments. "What I want is a very strong re-grouped team, all clicking together, and then we will have strong foundations for McLaren for the next 10 years," Boullier added.
"That is why we will have some very senior people joining us, but also more 'junior' people, who have been nurtured in the shadows of some of the bigger names [in the sport]"

the restructuring he has overseen ? what i want ? did somebody fire ron dennis while I wasn't looking , or did HE appoint bouillier team principal ?

or is this all a ploy by ron to distance himself from contact with alonso as far as he can by appointing boullier as team mouthpiece and point of contact to fernando , in other words carry the can in the event of any dispute in that area
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Chuckjr

or is this all a ploy by ron to distance himself from contact with alonso as far as he can by appointing boullier as team mouthpiece and point of contact to fernando , in other words carry the can in the event of any dispute in that area[/quote]

It would be pathetic leadership imo if Ron were to give his drivers that much power over him. If Ron cannot assert himself and deal directly with his drivers, he shouldn't be team principal.

Just my 2 cents.
Watching F1 since 1986.

Redragon

I think Mercedes might regret to have supplied their engine to Mclaren on 2014.

SectorOne

The mighty Merc vs the legendary Mclaren Honda. I´d watch it.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"