Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Anon123

Re: Red Bull RB10 Renault

CHT wrote:
Maxion wrote:
shelly wrote:In my opinion the bodywork seen in jerez is too basic to be more than just a launch spec - but something has gone wrong.
SO the barhein spec will be more extreme, but with the needed mods for reliability
I doubt it. Red Bull have admitted to being late in development of the RB10 because they concentrated their efforts on last years car rather than the development of this years model. Depending on how serious their cooling issues are I don't think we'll see too many changes made to Bahrain, certainly not as much as the rumored ferrari changes.
RBR has got good track record in the development race. IIRC last year this time, they were also facing some issue with their exhaust system and they end up perfecting it and winning the championship

I think the only thing that can really bring the team down will be Renault engine and lets hope it doesnt happen.
That was 2012 when they were slow at the start but fortunately for them Mclaren threw away the championship with stupid mistakes.

chip engineer

bill shoe wrote: ...it will be interesting to see if Vettel can keep up his focus/attitude/work-ethic while he spends the season scrapping around in the midfield.
I agree that would be interesting. It would further enhance the Red Bull/Vettel reputation to score only 6 points in the first 6 races and then still win both championships.

Richard

Re: Infiniti RedBull Racing 2014

No need to get worked up about a driver stalling his car - two pages of bickering have been deleted

breath in ..... exhale ...... and relax .....

Admittedly he has more talent that any of us can even dream of and is paid more money that we can dream of.

He revs the engine, ready to emerge onto the track to decimate the competition yet again, the other teams shake with fear at the sight of this mighty champion ... and he stalls. You have to admit it is mildy amusing and a rather apt metaphor for RB at Jerez.

I'll not embed the link because some members found it deeply upsetting :arrow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfqgI4lhlj4

Jonnycraig

But in a further twist, it now appears that Prodromou’s arrival at McLaren is looking less likely to happen as Red Bull Racing have been working hard to get him to stay. The Englishman of Greek Cypriot parentage signed a contract with McLaren last autumn, but Red Bull team boss Christian Horner said at the time that he would not release his man until “at least” the end of his existing agreement with the Milton Keynes squad.

Now, in scenes reminiscent of Ron Dennis persuading Newey not to leave McLaren for Jaguar Racing despite signing a contract to go in the summer of 2001, it seems that Prodromou may stay at Newey’s side.

Contractually he is due to join McLaren at the end of his current contract, but there are indications that Red Bull wants to retain its man. McLaren would probably sue for breach of contract if he did not come to the team, but that is a matter of financial settlement, which Red Bull can well afford.

http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2014/02/m ... t-mclaren/

Juzh

This is gonna get ugly for sure.

adrianjordan

"but there are indications that Red Bull wants to retain its man"

Doesn't mean he'll stay...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

darkmninya

I heard he had a fight with newey..

Anon123

Obviously they'll want to resolve the power unit issues together but could the development of RB's 2014 car be compromised if the rumour is true?

DarkJRO

if so, could someone develop a suitable (to the regs and newes wishes) powertrain in one season?
These power trains could be for RBR and ToroRosso. And Mateschitz has enough Money to build it on its own. He would just need a bunch of experts.
Greetings
Dark JRO

Anon123

DarkJRO wrote:if so, could someone develop a suitable (to the regs and newes wishes) powertrain in one season?
These power trains could be for RBR and ToroRosso. And Mateschitz has enough Money to build it on its own. He would just need a bunch of experts.
I think it's a bit late to develop a competitive engine for 2015, I wonder if they are considering stealing factory team status from Mclaren in 2015 as Honda Red Bull Racing, would Mercedes and Ferrari even consider letting RB use their engines? Let's not carried away though, just a rumour.

bonjon1979

Anon123 wrote:
DarkJRO wrote:if so, could someone develop a suitable (to the regs and newes wishes) powertrain in one season?
I think it's a bit late to develop a competitive engine for 2015, I wonder if they are considering stealing factory team status from Mclaren in 2015 as Honda Red Bull Racing, would Mercedes and Ferrari even consider letting RB use their engines? Let's not carried away though, just a rumour.
Cosworth aren't that far off, are they?

Trocola

bonjon1979 wrote:
Anon123 wrote:
Cosworth aren't that far off, are they?
Or go for PURE

WhiteBlue

I suspect he did this initially some years ago with the PURE setup, but thought it was not necessary when Renault hooked up closer with Red Bull. If Renault is indeed in trouble Mateschitz could start shopping around for a fix and a long term stand alone solution. He is not a guy who is used to shite taking.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

CBeck113

I don't know if they are really interested in changing their supplier or not, but it is the perfect premice to renegociate their contract - large quality problems + Honda entering in 2015 = mucho leverage.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail