Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
turbof1

Re: Red Bull RB10 Renault

I believe that is too much imagination for now. For sure they will be evaluating the performance from Renault at Bahrain, but I don't believe they are considering an other supplier just after one bad test. It's also a waste of very precious time in the short run: they have issues that need to be cured now; the top management isn't putting in time and effort now to check if the grass is greener at the neighbours.

Chances are good renault will have it's engine in tip top shape by 2015, while red bull has all the relevant data. No team is going to throw that away (well, except mclaren...) to take risks with a new supplier, with which they are going to have new issues with.
#AeroFrodo

Harsha
Harsha

I agree with TurboF1. We didn't saw how the renault cars perform in Bahrain yet. Just because they have one problematic test doesn't mean they are looking forward to change the engine supplier and its been said by Minardi who previously accused RBR about a TC system which even FIA couldn't found just by watching off track Grandstands.
Unless we saw RBR people at Merc or Ferrari or Honda factories or any official confirmation These are only Rumours

SectorOne

Even if the grass is greener on the other side i doubt Ferrari or Mercedes would sell engines to Red Bull.
Honda as i have understood it is exclusive to Mclaren?
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

radosav
radosav

Harsha wrote:I agree with TurboF1. We didn't saw how the renault cars perform in Bahrain yet. Just because they have one problematic test doesn't mean they are looking forward to change the engine supplier and its been said by Minardi who previously accused RBR about a TC system which even FIA couldn't found just by watching off track Grandstands.
Unless we saw RBR people at Merc or Ferrari or Honda factories or any official confirmation These are only Rumours
I think that Minardi has some information from F 1 world that we can't have, after all he was owner of F1 team ! His statement on Red Bull TC was his opinion overexaggerated by journalists ! I haven't seen much of his statements during last few years, meaning that he isn't trying to get attention on him, like some people do! So i believe him!

Juzh

SectorOne wrote:Even if the grass is greener on the other side i doubt Ferrari or Mercedes would sell engines to Red Bull.
Honda as i have understood it is exclusive to Mclaren?
Mclaren already blocked RB from getting merc engines, it's hard to believe they wouldn't do the same this time with honda if their engine is optimal.
As of merc and ferrari, well we don't know what they'd do. If it really turns out renault is massively off the pace and/or unreliable then we'll effectively be left with 7 teams on the grid.

Juzh

radosav wrote:
Harsha wrote:I agree with TurboF1. We didn't saw how the renault cars perform in Bahrain yet. Just because they have one problematic test doesn't mean they are looking forward to change the engine supplier and its been said by Minardi who previously accused RBR about a TC system which even FIA couldn't found just by watching off track Grandstands.
I think that Minardi has some information from F 1 world that we can't have, after all he was owner of F1 team ! His statement on Red Bull TC was his opinion overexaggerated by journalists ! I haven't seen much of his statements during last few years, meaning that he isn't trying to get attention on him, like some people do! So i believe him!
hahahaha, minardi said that only vettel's car sounded different, while it was clear as day that all renault cars made that same sound. And not only in singapore GP, but also in pre-season testing. Even alonso said as much. Minardi also said that vettel was on the power 50 (!!!!) meters before everyone else. 50!! Talk about nonsense to the max. Funny how much --- people are willing to believe if it helps them to excuse their own's favourite drivers/team shortcomings.

radosav
radosav

Juzh wrote:
radosav wrote:
hahahaha, minardi said that only vettel's car sounded different, while it was clear as day that all renault cars made that same sound. And not only in singapore GP, but also in pre-season testing. Even alonso said as much. Minardi also said that vettel was on the power 50 (!!!!) meters before everyone else. 50!! Talk about nonsense to the max. Funny how much --- people are willing to believe if it helps them to excuse their own's favourite drivers/team shortcomings.
don't know what other people are trying to make out of Minardi's statements ,all i wanted to say is that he probably has some info that we don't! PS wasn't Hamilton who said that last time he could press throtle pedal 50 meters earlier was when h was in Mclaren 2007?

Juzh

he said 20m, which is considerably less than minardi's rubbish, and even that's a bit of a stretch.

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

Never Ferrari will give an engine to Red Bull. Ferrari can't afford to supply a better team than them. Never Montezemolo will allow that. So i don't think Red Bull will switch because i can't see Mercedes give some engines at Red Bull while they are rivals.

Perhaps if this year, Ferrari or Mercedes are way way ahead of Red Bull, perhaps they will supply Red Bull, if they are confident to keep their edge. But right now, it's impossible.
Last edited by Lorenzo_Bandini on 14 Feb 2014, 19:02, edited 1 time in total.

turbof1

Red bull in trouble is a little bit overreacting at the moment. Do not count them out just yet; if renault is able to clear the issues from their side and red bull's on their side, things can turn very quickly.
#AeroFrodo

aleks_ader

turbof1 wrote:Red bull in trouble is a little bit overreacting at the moment. Do not count them out just yet; if renault is able to clear the issues from their side and red bull's on their side, things can turn very quickly.
Wise word from wise man. =D> I think that all people on this nerdish f1T forum will be fully aware that. But strangely that is just utopian wish...
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Juzh

darkmninya wrote:Even then, ferrari will never give them engines, and red bull wanted mercedes way back, nut.mercedes said they will never allow that.
ok, when and where did merc said they will never sell their engines to RB? plz links.

atlantis
atlantis

What about Honda engines? Could'nt they used them in 2015?
Anyway, it's just specultation, I doubt they'll change supplier.

Pup
Pup

I think McLaren are supposed to have an exclusive on Honda engines for 2015. I don't know if that was officially confirmed though.

Plus no guarantees that Honda won't show up next January in even worse shape.

Lazy
Lazy

turbof1 wrote:Red bull in trouble is a little bit overreacting at the moment. Do not count them out just yet; if renault is able to clear the issues from their side and red bull's on their side, things can turn very quickly.
True, it could be McLaren 2011 or Mclaren 2013, time will tell.