Scuderia Toro Rosso 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
F1NAC

Scuderia Toro Rosso 2014

wow i didn't find any topic about this year's STR team

I found out today from Tobias Gruner's twitter that only STR changed their gear ratio
#F1 Tech fact: Did you know: Toro Rosso was the first team to change gearbox ratio before Monaco. Rules allow 1 change during season.
Wasn't there a mention early this season that Ferrari also changed gear ratio?

JimClarkFan

Re: Scuderia Toro Rosso 2014

That is very interesting that Seb Vettel was Stef's third call. I think that tells us alot bout Vettels intended future plans.

What is kind of embarassing is that for a team with so much money that even Williams has far superior correlation between wind tunnel and the track... they really need to get a handle on that.

mikeerfol

JimClarkFan wrote:That is very interesting that Seb Vettel was Stef's third call. I think that tells us alot bout Vettels intended future plans.

What is kind of embarassing is that for a team with so much money that even Williams has far superior correlation between wind tunnel and the track... they really need to get a handle on that.
Wrong Scuderia? :P

JimClarkFan

mikeerfol wrote:
JimClarkFan wrote:That is very interesting that Seb Vettel was Stef's third call. I think that tells us alot bout Vettels intended future plans.

Wrong Scuderia? :P
Yes haha

The 'discuss this article' linked here instead of the Ferrari thread, sorry guys

Trailer23

Shocking to see that no one is interested in talking about STR this year, even though they're having somewhat of a breakout year so far.

Kvyat has been quite promising so far & has out performed Vergne to a certain extent. Their Qualifying has improved dramatically so much that in Austria no one would've imagined that they'd out perform Big Brother in Qualifying at their own home race.

Now they need to bring that type of energy & pace for the race. I have high hopes for the squad in the second half of the season. Either way, I think Vernge has bring his 'A' Game if he's to be back next year 'cause Danny has shut him down in his Rookie Year.

stefan_

It has been confirmed tonight that Max Verstappen will be at Toro Rosso next year.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

ackzsel

stefan_ wrote:It has been confirmed tonight that Max Verstappen will be at Toro Rosso next year.
I'm amazed to hear this! It seems to me like a bit of a plunge, though. The difference in physical demand for the driver between F3 and F1 looks huge. I hope he can live up to the expectations.

Cheers Max!

seinfeld

I have a theory why Redbull/ Toro Rosso signed MAX Verstappen. his major sponsor you ask currently is...... Other then RedBull. Drum roll please......... VW group!!

2016 we will see redbull and Toro Rosso with either Audi branded Engines or VW. Porsche Maybe but I say VW has a bigger chance. Mark my words people

Audi are in Lemans with Porsche which is why I'm saying VW has a bigger chance of being the "brand"

Also Dr Marko hinted at the VW group not long ago when he was complaining about the Renault Engine

Godius

seinfeld wrote:I have a theory why Redbull/ Toro Rosso signed MAX Verstappen. his major sponsor you ask currently is...... Other then RedBull. Drum roll please......... VW group!!

2016 we will see redbull and Toro Rosso with either Audi branded Engines or VW. Porsche Maybe but I say VW has a bigger chance. Mark my words people

Audi are in Lemans with Porsche which is why I'm saying VW has a bigger chance of being the "brand"

Also Dr Marko hinted at the VW group not long ago when he was complaining about the Renault Engine
I don't think that the Volkswagen group is a personal sponsor of Verstappen. His current F3 team Van Amersfoort Racing has VW as a power unit supplier and maybe sponsor of the team but other than that I see no connection with Verstappen and VAG (volkswagen group).

Trocola

Toro Rosso has confirmed Sainz Jr. as his second driver for 2015