Forza Rossa in 2015?

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dobbster71

Forza Rossa in 2015?

Interesting development if the report in the Independent is genuine:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/moto ... 27162.html

Don't shoot me if this has already been mentioned in another thread!
WRC is for boys. Group B was for men!
Juha Kankkunen

CjC
CjC

Re: Forza Rossa in 2015?

Tap into the super rich Eastern Europeans? Aren't Marussia Russian owned? That's going well....
Just a fan's point of view

McMrocks

Sorry, but i doubt that we'll see Forza Rossa on the grid in 2015. Even if they don't start from scratch 4 month until the first tests is a short period of time. They need to find mechanics, engineers and so on. Let alone sponsors and an engine deal... I don't believe these super-rich want to pay for everything

Forza Rossa in 2015 is wishfull thinking. And even if they make it to the grid, with that sloppy preparation they won't last much longer than HRT.
F1 is not a sport you join from 1 day to another (or even 1 year to another), F1 needs a long time of preparation.

ScottB

So he's already saying money isn't turning up when it's supposed to.

Sounds another great entry from the minds that approved Lightspeed, Manor, Campos and USF1...

Wayne DR

This may be just a timing thing, if Forza Rossa are planning on taking over Caterham, they could get it for a song if they time it right.

Caterham's Receiver wants to get all the debts paid in full, so will be keen to get Forza Rossa involved. (That's their job)

Forza Rossa won't want to pick up all of Caterham's debt (as it is dead money and not their fault), so can stall by simply saying "We don't have the money now." Why not sit back and buy only what they need at the Caterham Receiver's Auction for a lot less (say as low as 50c in the dollar?)

If I was Caterham's Receiver, I would be starting my negotiations Forza Rossa SOON, while the Caterham assets still have some value, and before Marrussia's assets become available... This might seem heartless, but it is there best chance of getting something back.

If Forza Rossa DO pick up parts of Caterham and/or Marrussia Teams, I can see them on the grid next year.

Belatti

Another frugal backmarker
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Raleigh

Forza Rossa was granted entry alongside Haas. They will be run by Colin Kolles out of his German facilities and use Renault engines.

I'd assume their 2015 car is already quite far along in design. Seeing as Marussia is a much more attractive proposition for someone wanting to buy a complete F1 team than Caterham, Forza Rossa will likely get to buy Caterham's equipment, current car and 2015 design for liquidation prices.

That would give Forza Rossa multiple options for their 2015 car, either their own or Caterham's 2015 design or some combination thereof, or an updated version of the current Caterham.
Last edited by Raleigh on 31 Oct 2014, 13:13, edited 1 time in total.

Alexgtt

Either way it'll be another waste of time and money. #-o

sstanescu

It shall be mentioned that although it seems as an effort to bring some experienced people together, Romania is virtually non-existent in motorsport (with some exceptions, of course, like in the modern history: Mihai Marinescu in F2, Rober Visoiu in GP3, Robert Muresan 125cc). That's it! There is limited in-country activity but not a proper ladder and support of the ASN, no proper racetrack (there are projects ongoing slowly, like Adancata which got some tarmac this fall, but nothing yet finalized and certified).

So, jumping to F1 is at least very strange, if not fishy, as sponsorship will be very limited at best, exposure not very good, market potential not there and reason for national young drivers to aim not present. So why pay from your own pocket for this team? For an under the radar driver with a special relationship with Mr. Bazac? Burn fast some money or get something cheap and sell higher later? For how long it will be on the grid, it will reach one full season? Why not start smaller, pick a GT series, build on that (for example get a 2-car team in Blancpain Series, sell some racing seats)?

I'm from Romania (you figured-out that already), but this project do not hold water and smells more like a financial scheme with an unclear reason so far.

Manoah2u

If any, Forza Rossa the Ferrari Dealer in Romania has had loads of free publicity. Ferrari surely wouldn't have a problem with that, neither would they have a problem with the publicity they have regarding HAAS, even if that team never becomes reality (which i think it never will).

Forza Rossa imho will never participate.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u

Some intersting bits on this....dubious.....outfit

Remember Campos? i was doomed even before they had a chassis. It became a mess, then it became Hispania, run under strange circumstances and it never was genuinly clear whom did what. All that was clear was it was a complete mess and they managed to have a half-built chassis with outdated inferior materials, and 2 drivers whose careers were ruined the day they agreed to jump into this train of lies, and how 'quaint' that from all people,
Colin Kolles was involved.

Caterham seems to be a near-carbon copy of what happened to HRT, it just took them more time. And guess who is a part of Caterham? Colin Kolles.

What treat are we in for? yes, another bunch of hicks paired with dubious investors and fundings in the form of Forza Rossa, and oh my oh my who's involved? yes, Colin Kolles, surprise, surprise. Ye ol' blackmailin' dentist.

All the dirty friends come at play;

Constantin Cojocar. former footballer has a chunk in Caterham's misery.

What did he achieve? sitting @ a closed warehouse with a discared caterham F1 car.
he's a friggin' CLEANER. Literal.

a washed-up ex-footballer whom has failed at businesses.
Cojocar " "I left Romania because I had financial difficulties there. I had bills to pay...... I had no money and nobody wanted to help me.....The only one who really helped me was George Becali (the owner of Steaua Bucharest who is currently in prison)"
Cojocar found a job as a general cleaner at the Caterham F1 team.
"an owner here at Caterham recognised me as a former football player. He told me: “It’s absurd for you to clean the floors, you are a known footballer. From now on you are a director here!” And I was appointed as executive director at Caterham Sports Ltd.”"
"I represent the interests of Kolles, he offered me this chance"

" Cojocar’s legal documents contained some fascinating hints at a wider plot, he claims it was his intention for CSL to design and build the cars for the new Colin Kolles ‘advised’ Forza Rossa Racing team.

So it's becoming more interesting and more interesting.

Guess who has been buddies with Colin Kolles? Christian Albers. He did his teeth (no kidding) once, actually. Not that that's so important, but Christian drove for Colin Kolles when it was Midland/Spyker. And who was suddenly appointed and foundhimself at the operations of Caterham? Christian Albers.
What happened under Christian's 'reign'?
Updates for a caterham F1 car that essentially was heading for it's demise anyway, while the company maintained in deer financial troubles. How can you explain developing a new nose when you kick out 40 employees and leave them and others without salary?

Ravetto's statement:

"The new front wing and car updates are delivering more aero performance, we delivered that. Technically talking we have delivered an almost new car since Spa, it does not even look like the --- box they started the year with"

What does this all add up to?

Colin' Kolles and his buddies are abusing the Caterham outfit in order to have a 2015 Forza Rossa car. Expect the updated Caterham to be painted Red and labeled a Forza Rossa.

“’If a financially acceptable arrangement cannot be agreed between the administrators and the Caterham F1 Team the administrators will then enter into dialogue with other interested parties with regard to a sale of the business and assets of the Company.”

Kolles and friends are deliberately driving the price down themselves so they themselves can aquire the remnants of Caterham, better said, the car and grid entry, for their Forza Rossa project.

As if you don't have enough misery and seriously dubious figures, add another one to the list

Ion Bazac. a Romanian physician and politician, chairman of the board of Forza Rossa, Ferrari's representative in Romaniam, and currently Health Minister.

Cojacar, the cleaner-now-boss@caterham said:

"Forza Rossa is looking at other possible arrangements for 2015 and I have found it very difficult to contact my backers in Romania,"

Which backers? Cojacar is a friggin cleaner which has zero friends in Romania that support him/back him. So either way, he's telling a lie.

so what do we in the end have?

A cesspit of dubious people doing dubious things which are directly involved with the demise and unfit running of atleast 2 F1 teams that fumbled.

It's genuinly shamefull and degrading for F1.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

sstanescu

One correction to Manoah2u: Ion Bazac was Minister of Health (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ion_Bazac).

Valuable the quick reminder about Colin Kolles (Calin Colesnic by his born name). And a year old info: http://www.grandprix247.com/2013/07/17/ ... for-money/

Manoah2u

sstanescu wrote:One correction to Manoah2u: Ion Bazac was Minister of Health (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ion_Bazac).

Valuable the quick reminder about Colin Kolles (Calin Colesnic by his born name). And a year old info: http://www.grandprix247.com/2013/07/17/ ... for-money/
ah yes, i wasn't sure he was still in function or not.

and yes, that's why i called him the 'blackmailing dentist'

sstanescu

As new info, today the management of Forza Rossa announced that their application didn't got the approval of FIA for 2015.

Coincidence or not, in the last days more digging into the subject was done and some political connections were discovered (a colleague - current Minister of Health! - of one of the candidates to the presidential election taking place this weekend went with the application), which leads to a supposition that public money were promised for this team. As elections are getting too complicated already, most likely this topic got defused today.

For the sake of proper information, it shall be said that the Forza Rossa management denied any political involvement.

(Source: http://www.prosport.ro/alte-sporturi/au ... r-13528679 )

alexx_88

For all it's worth, that article makes a lot of assumptions and doesn't bring forward facts, it's just an interpretation of carefully selected events.