Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GoranF1

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

bauc wrote:
davidfroshanzen wrote:This forum was quieter. if there is a source internal honda of the leaked about current honda engine development would probably this forum be alive again. :D
Its the end of the season, its only natural. After all this was another one sided season with few bright moments. Just wait and see when the per-launch speculation threads open :)
i've got lots of stuff ready for speculation thread..... :D
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

PABLOEING

¿new enginers at McLaren from another teams this year?

Thunder

I don't think they need new People. Maybe one or two here and there. The team they put together last year should now be working together seamlessly. Let's see what they can put together.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

GoranF1

Thunders wrote:I don't think they need new People. Maybe one or two here and there. The team they put together last year should now be working together seamlessly. Let's see what they can put together.
the victory will be sweeter that way! =D>

turbof1

You can always benefit from new people. That doesn't mean high profile figures, but just to strengthen your aerodynamic team or even mechanical staff. The clue is that you have a coherent team. A team full with dominant figures isn't a team.

Personally, I'd try to get Honda engineers integrated into the daily work groups, if they did not already. It'll lead to more optimal solutions.
#AeroFrodo

GoranF1

turbof1 wrote:You can always benefit from new people. That doesn't mean high profile figures, but just to strengthen your aerodynamic team or even mechanical staff. The clue is that you have a coherent team. A team full with dominant figures isn't a team.

Personally, I'd try to get Honda engineers integrated into the daily work groups, if they did not already. It'll lead to more optimal solutions.
what honda should do is put 2016 V6 in this and test the hell out of it!
https://twitter.com/svandoorne/status/6 ... 4758977537

turbof1

A joke about that for our Belgian/Dutch members: How do you call a Vandoorne in a Super Formula car? Vandoor.

(no upvoting for that bagger please)

It would actually be a dream coming through if it got that PU inside. It has superior grip compared to F1.
#AeroFrodo

godlameroso

I wouldn't be surprised if they have done something similar. As I'm sure Ferrari has the engine stuffed in a mule. It's not like the FIA can stop a manufacturer from building engines, or from making experimental cars.

It also helps having your own test track in your backyard.
Saishū kōnā

astracrazy

If i remember correctly they were all maybe at it.

Ferrari used this

Merc used an old f1 car at silverstone

Renault used a FR 3.5 chassis at Magny Cours

that's just what i remember and found doing a quick search, may or may not have been verified

Joseki

Maybe they'll do some run with the 2016 power unit before the official tests.

max_speed

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... mula_test/
vandoorne faces engine issues.. could it be next version of f1 engine being tested :wink:

Facts Only

astracrazy wrote:If i remember correctly they were all maybe at it.
()
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BaO387jCAAACOrE.jpg
()
that's just what i remember and found doing a quick search, may or may not have been verified
Well either you remember wrong or something on the internet isnt true (gasp) but that is utter rubbish.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

astracrazy

http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... =5&t=16212

I was just following this back in the day, obviously didnt read the conclusion. Just saying what i remember

Thunder

McLaren must really be in financial Trouble. They are selling their Wheels already. :D :D
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

krisfx

Facts Only wrote:
astracrazy wrote:If i remember correctly they were all maybe at it.
()
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BaO387jCAAACOrE.jpg
()
Well either you remember wrong or something on the internet isnt true (gasp) but that is utter rubbish.
RCE reckons that Honda used the CR-Z to test some PU Concepts.

Also I've never read about Merc testing an old car with a 2014 engine, though I could be wrong.