Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
McLobby

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

McLaren @McLarenF1 · 1h 1 hour ago

Today, at the #MTC, we fired up the McLaren-Honda MP4-30 for the very first time. #MakeHistory
https://twitter.com/McLarenF1

McLobby

This explains why Alonso was happy today...

I wish they could give us the sound clip. I need a new ringtone.

Macklaren

KingHamilton01 wrote:Not sure if I would believe Ron Dennis and his self made hype! Didn't he mention last season McLaren would find half a second in an upgrade which wasn't the case. Also he is bound to talk the Honda engine up. I would rather it be fast and fragile, you can fix reliability issues but surely harder to make an engine faster.
They did find it...problem was that others found more. Then they had said mid-season they would end up 3rd fastest behind RB by the end and they did...

ollandos

I hope for bad timelaps in jerez this year ........every year with mclaren on top in this test ...is a disaster season .... :evil:

Richard

taperoo2k wrote:
lebesset wrote:seems to be a feeling in the press that alonso is being preference over button by having first shot at the car in pre season one ...
I think it's more about the PR ...
This, nothing else.

One could argue that while Alonso benefits from the honour of taking the first laps in the new Honda Mclaren Senna Monaco MP4-88 (the hype seems to infer that'll be the name of the car) he's also more likely to hit day 1 gremlins.

Farfar

The test is in Spain and day 1 is Sunday. With alonso they will sell all the tickets to the fans

Vasconia

taperoo2k wrote:
No I think they are merely making assumptions based on what they experienced last season, plus Honda wasn't exactly brilliant the last time it was in F1 and just as they were about to have a very good car they pulled out of the sport. The crucial aspect for Honda is have they used the time wisely, made the right design choices and ensured the power unit is a good fit within the MP4-30.

Anyway it can go one of 3 ways

1. Fast and reliable and on par with Mercedes (unlikely).
2. Faster than Renault and Ferrari and not too far off Mercedes.
3. Renault like disaster.

As a McLaren Fan I'm hoping for number 2, dreaming of 1 and fearing number 3. Not long till we find out how good the MP4-30 design looks and what the Honda Power Unit is like. Lets hope the test back in Abu Dhabi has ironed out the gremlins and McLaren Honda can get some decent mileage under it's belt over the first test. I think the key thing about the test will be reliability, if you can believe Ron Dennis performance is apparently not an issue.
I think that it will be number two but with some reliabilty problems. I saw that they are quite sure about engine´s potential and power but they were trying to built a reliable engine too, so perhaps they could face some problems with this aspect.

Mesteño

Guys this is going on

JoeE

Still light on sponsors at the preseason photo shoot I see. :lol:

lebesset

Farfar wrote:The test is in Spain and day 1 is Sunday. With alonso they will sell all the tickets to the fans
I can just imagine ron arranging the drivers to best suit the ticket sales of the circuit rather than what suits McLaren best :o
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

siwillems

lebesset wrote:
Farfar wrote:The test is in Spain and day 1 is Sunday. With alonso they will sell all the tickets to the fans
I can just imagine ron arranging the drivers to best suit the ticket sales of the circuit rather than what suits McLaren best :o
I don't think he will give it a thought either, and to be fair, neither did Farfar - but he could be right.
Da de dum, de da da dum.
Da de dum, de da da duh!!!

Morteza

Mesteño wrote:Guys this is going on

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B8WKWkYCQAIapTL.jpg
He's still got his beard. Was it in his contract to keep the beard? :mrgreen: I'd like to think so 8)

Here is the one from the last time he was driving for McLaren:

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Egresi Tamás

Mesteño

At least we see Prodromou in motion, I thought he was some kind of "idea". Nice video.

Egresi Tamás

Mesteño wrote:At least we see Prodromou in motion, I thought he was some kind of "idea". Nice video.
He's fairly modest