Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Chuckjr

Re: Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team 2015

All due respect to Byrne, but if he was keeping an eye on the last two seasons car offerings, and approved of the design, I think you have to ask if his involvement is even helpful?

Not trying to be a smart ass. It's a serious question.
Watching F1 since 1986.

Vasconia

Chuckjr wrote:All due respect to Byrne, but if he was keeping an eye on the last two seasons car offerings, and approved of the design, I think you have to ask if his involvement is even helpful?

Not trying to be a smart ass. It's a serious question.
Rory was a great, great designer but his success was based on continuous work through different seasons not "keeping an eye on a new design". I think that he is out of the business so I dont expect that he is making the difference anymore.

Francesc

According to the spanish press Cuquerella is joining Ferrari to be head of engineers.

donskar

Francesc wrote:According to the spanish press Cuquerella is joining Ferrari to be head of engineers.
Cuqueralla? Anyone have any background on him? (Her?)
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Cuky

He was in Super Aguri, BMW, HRT and from when HRT collapsed until now he was in BMW DTM team
http://www.grandprix247.com/2015/01/21/ ... -engineer/

turbof1

A nice analysis from Joe Saward concerning Ferrari's cash flows:
https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2014/12 ... t-ferrari/
#AeroFrodo

windwaves

So Allison spoke and confirmed the obvious that many here refused to accept.

The performance of the new car which he designed entirely will come equally from improvement in aero and PU.

I am glad this got clarified once for all.

The f14 was a disaster on all fronts.

Moose

windwaves wrote:So Allison spoke and confirmed the obvious that many here refused to accept.

The performance of the new car which he designed entirely will come equally from improvement in aero and PU.

What makes you think that the fact that they improved on all fronts means it was equally bad on all fronts? I'm sure Mercedes have also improved on both aero and PU, was that a disaster on all fronts too?

GPR-A duplicate2

Moose wrote:
windwaves wrote:So Allison spoke and confirmed the obvious that many here refused to accept.

What makes you think that the fact that they improved on all fronts means it was equally bad on all fronts? I'm sure Mercedes have also improved on both aero and PU, was that a disaster on all fronts too?
When the results are not inline with the expectations, the conclusion is always that the equipment being used is not up to scratch. The F14T simply delivered all those results, because of the best driver on the grid using all his might to take the machine to better results than any other competitive driver would have, for instance a Raikkonen. That is an important parameter you cannot discount, while debating the performance of F14T. Someone like Marchionne would look at it as, the money spent on creating such a non-performing machinery would obviously be an OVERALL failure. To win, you cannot use the same foundation, which has been yielding only failures for years now, hence redesign. Whether the F14T had any good features in it; it doesn't matter when overall performance is not what was expected. So the conclusion that, F14T was just AN OVERALL FAILURE.

windwaves

it is simpler than that.

The car performed like crappy crap all year, in fact starting with pre season testing. So, what do you do then ? try and ascertain the causes. It could be aero not working and/or PU not working and/or various other things. In the case of the F14T what has been said all season long and now clarified by Allison once and for all is that the car, that thing was a disaster in all areas. I was just putting this issue to bed as in another discussion some insisted that it was really the PU only that was the problem. Very simple indeed.

Hence....good luck 2015 ....

windwaves

On a very different level I am infinitely comforted by the fact that Allison has also stated that the car looks so much better.

I have seen very few ugly Ferrari F1 but the F14T was the incarnation of ugliness !!! Trust me, too ugly to possibly win anything, even by accident.

Thank you Allison, we are on the right path, it is just a matter of how many years it is going to take.

Harsha

windwaves wrote:On a very different level I am infinitely comforted by the fact that Allison has also stated that the car looks so much better.

I have seen very few ugly Ferrari F1 but the F14T was the incarnation of ugliness !!! Trust me, too ugly to possibly win anything, even by accident.

Thank you Allison, we are on the right path, it is just a matter of how many years it is going to take.
That i agree with
a Horse with a elephant tusk and cannot run like a Horse at all

Vasconia

windwaves wrote:On a very different level I am infinitely comforted by the fact that Allison has also stated that the car looks so much better.

He can do it, he only needs patience, good planification and support from Ferrari´s staff. Too much, I know. :mrgreen:

Alexgtt

Vasconia wrote:

He can do it, he only needs patience, good planification and support from Ferrari´s staff. Too much, I know. :mrgreen:
That's the issue, will he get time? We know how long it takes.

windwaves

with Marchionne's ax ready at all moments I have some doubts