Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
NewtonMeter

Re: Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team 2015

ian_s wrote:but did Toro Rosso release actual footage of the car running, and also make it a bit of a joke?
i would love for mercedes to fall on their faces at the first test now, after being so cocky
I wouldn't say they were being cocky. It was a bit of fun for the fans. I didn't get the impression they were being antagonizing/cocky towards their competitors in way.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool...

giantfan10

ian_s wrote:but did Toro Rosso release actual footage of the car running, and also make it a bit of a joke?
i would love for mercedes to fall on their faces at the first test now, after being so cocky
lol mercedes seem to have let their one year of success go to their heads... a lot of talking coming out of the mercedes camp.....Rosberg talking about vettel seeing his rear wing during races and so on ... karma

GPR-A duplicate2

Different individuals from Mercedes speak in different ways. Nico is someone who just goes overboard and uses all sorts overconfident and cocky words. Hamilton has always remained measured in his talks, about car, team and his own performances. Toto Wolff remains cautiously optimistic, well more so pessimistic and tries to keep everyone grounded. Niki Lauda behaves like, well, Niki Lauda. Paddy just goes on hyping things up. Media needs champions and champion teams to speak something, anything and even BS, so it is inevitable that you will hear A LOT about them and in the process, you will hear these individuals talking in their very own ways. You can either look at Toto or Lewis and believe, "YEAH THEY ARE HANDLING IT OK" or you look at Nico, Niki and Paddy and say "THEY ARE GOING OVERBOARD, OVERCONFIDENT AND COCKY". But like it or not, you will hear about them. Its up to you to choose what you want to concentrate.

SectorOne

giantfan10 wrote:lol mercedes seem to have let their one year of success go to their heads... a lot of talking coming out of the mercedes camp.....Rosberg talking about vettel seeing his rear wing during races and so on ... karma
You mean like when Hamilton sent an image to Vettel of the Mercedes rear end and told him that was what he would be seeing next year? (2014)

Everything will be clear come Q3 Australia, because it´s the "same procedure as every year, James".
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Morteza

TUMI to Travel in Style with MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/tumi-t ... 2015-01-30
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Alexgtt

GPR-A wrote:
Different individuals from Mercedes speak in different ways. Nico is someone who just goes overboard and uses all sorts overconfident and cocky words. Hamilton has always remained measured in his talks, about car, team and his own performances. Toto Wolff remains cautiously optimistic, well more so pessimistic and tries to keep everyone grounded. Niki Lauda behaves like, well, Niki Lauda. Paddy just goes on hyping things up. Media needs champions and champion teams to speak something, anything and even BS, so it is inevitable that you will hear A LOT about them and in the process, you will hear these individuals talking in their very own ways. You can either look at Toto or Lewis and believe, "YEAH THEY ARE HANDLING IT OK" or you look at Nico, Niki and Paddy and say "THEY ARE GOING OVERBOARD, OVERCONFIDENT AND COCKY". But like it or not, you will hear about them. Its up to you to choose what you want to concentrate.
This +1. How would anyone expect a Championship team to behave? Seriously, they need to maximize these times to their advantage, especially as a full works manufacturer. Also, as far as I'm concerned, the more humour the better.

Alexgtt

SectorOne wrote:
giantfan10 wrote:

Everything will be clear come Q3 Australia, because it´s the "same procedure as every year, James".
Absolutely! Everything else is smoke and mirrors.

FoxHound

giantfan10 wrote:
lol mercedes seem to have let their one year of success go to their heads... a lot of talking coming out of the mercedes camp.....Rosberg talking about vettel seeing his rear wing during races and so on ... karma
Would you rather have the disastrous Mclaren Honda test of last year? The "filming day" is in fact also a shakedown. Prudent given that there is now a three day test, I'm sure you agree if you had some sense. << going out on a limb there.

As for Rosberg, what he says is down to him. Its not a reflection of Hamilton, Mercedes HPE or the team proper.
Besides, there was more than a hint of jest in what Rosberg intimated I'm sure you noticed.<< again, out on a limb there.

If you followed the prelaunch you'll notice there was alot of humour surrounding the "unveiling".

But hey, wish them ill if it suits you. Just comes across as fantastically stupid.
JET set

Facts Only

Not strictly team related but I have just been looking at the betting odds for 2015.

Mercedes for the WCC is 1/7 so a payout of £114 on a £100 bet. At first I though this was a pointless bet but if you put £100 in the bank you would only get £100.6 (or something equally rubbish) minus all the charges back at the end of the year. I wouldn't even call that bet a gamble.

Hamilton for the WDC is 8/13 so a payout of £161 on a £100 bet, again its a pretty safe bet I think.

I'm thinking £275 from a £200 stake with a low risk might be worth a go. (FYI I have never bet on sport before, I was just interested to see how it would work out)
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

FoxHound

I would personally avoid straightforward betting on Mercedes this year because the odds are too short.

But an accumulated bet looks far tastier. Mercedes to win the WCC, finish 1-2 in the WDC allied to 10 wins and 10 poles will get you at least 5/2 odds.

I'll check and update at some point.
JET set

giantfan10

if mercedes is as dominant as they were last year then hamilton will win the championship again. period.. Rosberg is an average driver with a great car with a case of diarrhea of the mouth

siskue2005

Aldo Costa on Sky Italia - The W06 is an evolution of the W05, but still large parts of the layout have changed. We've been running the car with a full tank at all times so that no one can infer how fast we can run. We won't run with with light fuel or try to set up the car for performance until Barcelona, possibly the second test.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Alexgtt

Wouldn't expect any different really at this stage but the confirmation of such, if that is what he said, probably doesn't make comfortable reading for some. I expect Williams will be the same. More of a worry to the other teams is the shear number of laps. They are truly way ahead of the game already.

SiLo

FoxHound wrote:I would personally avoid straightforward betting on Mercedes this year because the odds are too short.

But an accumulated bet looks far tastier. Mercedes to win the WCC, finish 1-2 in the WDC allied to 10 wins and 10 poles will get you at least 5/2 odds.

I'll check and update at some point.
Fancy letting me know where I can make such a bet?
Felipe Baby!

FoxHound

How about this...

When the flag drops the bullshit stops.

Let's leave speculation of Hamiltons emotional wellbeing to OK magazine. Until such time as we know otherwise.
JET set