Scuderia Toro Rosso 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u

Scuderia Toro Rosso 2015

Team: Scuderia Toro Rosso
Base: Faenza, Italy
Team principal: Franz Tost
Technical director(s): James Key

Race drivers: 33 Image Max Verstappen & 55 Image Carlos Sainz, Jr.

Test drivers : Image Sébastien Buemi

Chassis: STR10
Engine: Renault V6 Turbo

2014 position: 7th (30 pts)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is to discuss the 2015 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 TEAM
Discussion about the pre-launch 2015 Scuderia Toro Rosso STR10 F1 CAR: Click HERE
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

f1316

Re: Toro Rosso STR10

Yes, nice looking car.

Unimportant detail but wonder why they didn't continue the gold all the way to the tip of the nose. Seemed strange to have the blue again.

But anyway, otherwise cool looking.

Sevach

I noticed that, it's a bit weird because the "disguise" isn't needed anymore.

Manoah2u

they didn't do that last year either.

i think i can explain that, if you'd pull it completely to the front, the gold, it looks out of place.

first of all, it doesnt represent the 'round' sun of the redbull logo,

but, it turns the front into a 'beak' of a duck or a platypus. it would look clumsy.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

poolboy67

it's cause it's a golden circle. just like in here Image but in toro rosso colors ofcourse.
i have dyslexia and english is not my native language. please be gentle.

rich1701

This car is the most interesting on the grid so far. It's utterly sublime

George-Jung

Re: Scuderia Toro Rosso 2015

With closed eyes

efuloni

Helmut Marko confirmed that Toro Rosso is in takeover talks. Renault could buy them. He also says RBR is not for sale.

Red Bull's Dr Helmut Marko, the right hand man of Dietrich Mateschitz, told the APA news agency: "It is true that we are speaking with Renault about another form of cooperation regarding Toro Rosso.

"It may be that the cars go completely in yellow or there may even be a takeover," the Austrian added.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns30252.html

Earnard Beccelstone

Don't know if anyone noticed, but this is the best start to a season ever by Torro Rosso. Two races in and already they've collected 40% of the points they did in 2014.

The car and the drivers look racey! I've got a feeling that they could be looking at as high as fifth in the championship this year. Sauber looks like their main opposition at this point, although they're also ahead of the big brother team at the moment.

A few more high-attrition races in the fly-aways could suit them down to the ground.

WaikeCU

For once I think the Toro Rosso's this year won't yield for the Red Bulls. I don't think they have the type of drivers that are willing to.

Jonnycraig

WaikeCU wrote:For once I think the Toro Rosso's this year won't yield for the Red Bulls. I don't think they have the type of drivers that are willing to.
It's really nothing to do with driver personality and entirely to do wth staying on Marko's good side.

Manoah2u

Jonnycraig wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:For once I think the Toro Rosso's this year won't yield for the Red Bulls. I don't think they have the type of drivers that are willing to.
It's really nothing to do with driver personality and entirely to do wth staying on Marko's good side.
Well, Jaime Alguersuari's personality most certainly ended his F1 career by not staying on Marko's good side.

Young Max Verstappen at this moment can't do any bad, so he's safe for now. He could even be safe if he'd smash into Daniel.
Sainz is looking sharp, too.

Not being too negative towards Kvyat, but i'm having a hunch both TR drivers are better than Danil, but there's a good question mark for next year.

Sainz and Verstappen are, after all, RedBull contracted drivers, whom are appointed to Toro Rosso, aka RedBull 2.0.

Now, despite running the same engine, the Toro Rosso team definatively looks like the much better place to be right now.
So switching Toro Rosso for RedBull isn't really an improvement. I don't know how they would be next year, but imagine Kvyat getting the boot, it's doubtfull whether it's an improvement for either Verstappen or Sainz.

Toro Rosso turning into Renault could very well happen. But what will happen? I can imagine there is no option to change the drivers right now even if they take control, i assume both drivers are safe for the year, and their results speak for themselves to 'earn' so either way.

But, what about 2016? If the Renault partnership really goes to rock bottom, and Renault gets a hold of Toro rosso, then 'Renault F1' will survive.

But RedBull will be without engine for 2016. Then what? I can't imagine any engine supplier to just pop up and be any improvement compared to what they have now.

Cold Fussion

Kvyat has had 1 race and 2 qualifying sessions, in a car that hasn't worked properly from day 1 and a race where he beat Ricciardo despite being spun by another car and already people are bringing out the axe to put his head on a stick. Between this thread and the Red Bull thread, the amount of verbal diarrhea is unprecedented.

r_b_l

Cold Fussion wrote:Kvyat has had 1 race and 2 qualifying sessions, in a car that hasn't worked properly from day 1 and a race where he beat Ricciardo despite being spun by another car and already people are bringing out the axe to put his head on a stick. Between this thread and the Red Bull thread, the amount of verbal diarrhea is unprecedented.
I thought I heard a Redbull Team radio call for Ricciardo to let Kvyat pass, just before he was lapped by Vettel.

I wouldn't count that as Kvyat beating Ricciardo, he just finished ahead of him. He did do a great job to catch Ricciardo.

Vasconia

I think that Kvyat has done a good job, but the car is not lookking good.

Anyway lets talk about TR which has done a great job, the car looks good, with a good handling and quite well balanced. At it seams that the Renault engine works better for them.

Both rookies look awesome, very talented and focused guys. Verstappen is making more little mistakes due to his age, agresivity and because he is under a great pressure. There is too much hype around him and Sainz is doing a great job, which doesnt help.

Sainz is doing an awesome work, he is a very focused guy, fast and constant.

It looks that it will be a great season for this team.