Lotus F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mrluke

Re: Lotus F1 Team 2015

Letter of Intent is not binding in any way.

ChrisF1

mrluke wrote:Letter of Intent is not binding in any way.
No ---, but at least it's something a bit more real than we had at Monza, where Renault were linked with Lotus AND Force India.

AnthonyG

More important, a letter of intent is proof that likely a more positive outcome for the creditors is comming.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

AnthonyG

r101 wrote:AMuS reports the deal is signed, Prost has no ownership in the team.
Der erste Schritt ist getan. Renault hat eine Absichtserklärung unterschrieben, Lotus zu übernehmen. Jetzt geht es an die Detailarbeit. Es wird vermutlich noch sechs Wochen dauern, bis das Projekt steht. Alain Prost soll wie Niki Lauda den Außenminister spielen. Ohne Firmenanteile.
More here:
http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 81119.html
So we know what that rumour was worth.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

NathanOlder

Jolyon Palmer Confirmed for a race seat next year.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12473/ ... f1-season?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

kptaylor

I like Palmer, but not paired with Maldonado... Wish it were an experienced driver with good technical set up skills and Palmer. Maybe Renault can still dump Maldonado when they take over Lotus. :wtf:

stefan_

First of all, I think that Jolyon is a good driver and a good chap to have around the team, but he has a lot to learn to develop himself into a good and consistant F1 driver. I also think that it would have been much better to pair him with someone more experienced and who is not a total nutcase like Maldonado.

This odd pairing leads me to believe that:
1) Nothing is sure about the Renault buyout and Lotus want to secure a part of their 2016 money from the drivers (as good as Jolyon is, he still brings money to the table). They want to make some sort of statemet that even without Renault, the team can survive financially (and I have no dobt it can).

or

2) Even with Renault buying the team, 2016 will be a transition year, in which they can keep Maldonado's money and prepare for 2017 properly with money from Renault. Jolyon gets some experience and they ditch Maldonado and get a proper driver in order to return to the 2012/2014 form or even better.

Either way, Jolyon has to realize that he has to be the one that scores points for the team in 2016 - the other one will be busy screwing up the 2nd half of the grid.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

OneAlex

stefan_ wrote: 2) Even with Renault buying the team, 2016 will be a transition year, in which they can keep Maldonado's money and prepare for 2017 properly with money from Renault. Jolyon gets some experience and they ditch Maldonado and get a proper driver in order to return to the 2012/2014 form or even better.

Either way, Jolyon has to realize that he has to be the one that scores points for the team in 2016 - the other one will be busy screwing up the 2nd half of the grid.
I think it's probably this to be honest.

The wording of the Lotus announcement confirming Maldonado would be staying on wasn't exactly keen - "we signed a contract with him for 2 years, so yes he will be with us in 2016 (unfortunately)", so I think Lotus already knew they weren't going to have the ideal line-up they wanted in 2016 anyway.

In which case better to take the risk with Palmer during what is a transitional year anyway, use his extra money to bring more financial stability and hopefully development to the team and see how he gets on before the first "proper Renault" comes along in 2017 and they can choose the full driver line-up that they want.

Best case scenario - he'll be brilliant despite his lack of experience and really make the car perform, in which case they'll keep him on for 2017.

Worst case scenario - he doesn't quite live up to expectations, and while the car won't be good enough that he'll be losing them wins, he may lose enough points for them to replace him in 2017 when the team is more stable anyway.

Likely scenario - somewhere between the two. He'll gain experience and if they decide to keep him on they'll pair him up with a more experienced driver to help push him further (unless Maldonado displays a spectacular comeback next year and they decide to keep both of them).

r101

Acoording to Autosport, Renault personnel already working together with Enstone guys, here Gastaldi:
"They sent people across to help us continue the development of next season's car, and we've had marketing and administration people, to finish off bits and pieces and to keep us moving."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/121647

Manoah2u

lotus has been blocked entry into the pitbox from brazilian police!

http://www.formula1blog.com/f1-news/lot ... out-in-us/
Last edited by Manoah2u on 11 Nov 2015, 23:22, edited 1 time in total.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u

scratch that, they are now allowed entry again to unpack boxes

https://twitter.com/JunaidSamodien_/sta ... 08/photo/1
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Manoah2u

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/lotus ... ontent=www

Lotus insists its participation in the Brazilian Grand Prix is not in doubt, despite security staff blocking access to its garage at Interlagos on Wednesday.

Team personnel were not allowed to unpack the team's freight or continue work on preparing the cars, by officers who were stationed at the front and rear of the garages.

A team spokesman confirmed that the team was dealing with the situation – which related to an unspecified 'commercial arrangement'

Hail22

Manoah2u wrote:http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/lotus ... ontent=www

Lotus insists its participation in the Brazilian Grand Prix is not in doubt, despite security staff blocking access to its garage at Interlagos on Wednesday.

Team personnel were not allowed to unpack the team's freight or continue work on preparing the cars, by officers who were stationed at the front and rear of the garages.

A team spokesman confirmed that the team was dealing with the situation – which related to an unspecified 'commercial arrangement'

Just to add to your post Manoah, this was how it looked with the blocked Lotus garage:

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Manoah2u

eh yes, the last photo actually is just a post above my post, actually one posted by myself, too. but thanks for sharing tho! 8)

Joseki

I don't want to be extremely pessimist but I think they are going to struggle a lot next, the chassis this year seemed to be probably one of the worst, only better than Sauber and Manor, and with a Renault power unit I think they'll be the "new McHonda". :cry: