2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
gandharva

Re: 2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

AMUS is heating up new speculations towards an Aston Martin/RedBullRacing engine under the lead of Alex Hitzinger (former technical director of Porsche LMP1).
http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 27508.html

ME4ME

gandharva wrote:AMUS is heating up new speculations towards an Aston Martin/RedBullRacing engine under the lead of Alex Hitzinger (former technical director of Porsche LMP1).
Wrong article? Nothing about what you mentioned.

gandharva

Michael Schmidt must have changed it afterwards. It was this article, but initially it was much longer. Second part about engines is now missing.

Thunder

They cut that Part it seems. I read that Article this morning and the Story with Hitzinger was mentioned....
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

gandharva

So either it was bs, or he will create a separate article for it... we'll see.

Manoah2u

gandharva wrote:AMUS is heating up new speculations towards an Aston Martin/RedBullRacing engine under the lead of Alex Hitzinger (former technical director of Porsche LMP1).
but red bull signed a new engine deal with Renault for 2017?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

ChrisDanger

This interview on f1.com with Christian Horner seems to hint that Ricciardo's contract runs into 2018. In particular:

Q: Press speculation has suggested Daniel’s contract could come to an end this season, prompting more rumours of a potential Ferrari move…

CH: …wrong, it does not come to an end this season.

Q: But there is a lot of talk…

CH: …but do all those who talk know his contract? No.

Q: Does that mean you will race with the same driver line-up in 2017?

CH: Yes. But not just 2017!

NL_Fer

I was wondering if maybe the stronger engine, this weekend contributed to higher tyre degradation?

Sonador

NL_Fer wrote:I was wondering if maybe the stronger engine, this weekend contributed to higher tyre degradation?
I think it was more of a result of the low temps, and not being able to get the tires in the correct operating temperture.
The engine is a good step forward in pace, and driveability.
So it should help with degradation.

FrukostScones

LOL, completely forget that they got AM branding on the car...
a match from heaven, they fit so good :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: rofl.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

dxpetrov

Except that Red Bull represent a pinnacle of chassis design in F1 ,and AM, on the other end, is a perfect example of a technology that trails behind the competition in car manufacturing by at least 15 years.

Jolle

dxpetrov wrote:Except that Red Bull represent a pinnacle of chassis design in F1 ,and AM, on the other end, is a perfect example of a technology that trails behind the competition in car manufacturing by at least 15 years.
Besides that, isn't their current engine lineup not heavily "inspired " by old ford and jaguar engines and isn't their next source for power the AMG 4.0V8? Looks like AM is outsourcing their engine department.

Said that, they could order a V6 at Cosworth and put some electronics and turbos on it.

Phil

I see a very interesting dynamic forming at RedBull with the drivers. Again, young Verstappen impressed at Silverstone. While one might argue he was lucky at times for not losing too much when he went off track, what actually impressed me was that he is seemingly on-it, no fear whatsoever. It seems it's either "all for glory or burn trying" with him.

Dan is surely looking at a tough 2nd half of the season.

The 'official points' tally now reads 4-2 in races in favor of Max, and 5-1 in qualifying in favor of Dan. Ignoring qualifying, I do think one needs to look at the races with a bit of perspective. At Spain, where Max won, it went all wrong for Dan on strategy through no fault of his own. Max benefited off that strategic circumstance to beat Dan.

Monaco was clear & cut. Montreal, Dan lost it at the start (to Max by going to wide into the first corner) and then had Rosberg who had left the track cut in in front of him. I think he also had slow pit stops again which dictated his race. Baku went Dans way as a result of qualifying. Austria, Dan had a reasonable start and was about 3 places ahead of Verstappen going into turn 1, but somehow within 3 laps got passed by a few cars, including Max. After the race, he said he couldn't explain the lack of pace. Never saw a replay on what exactly happened or how he was passed in turn 6. Assuming driver-error, I think the tally is rather close between them if you consider how things went wrong for him in Barcelona. Silverstone, great race by Max.

Either way, this is going to be one hell of a team-battle in the next 11 races, especially with Hungary coming up where RedBull is expected to be strong.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Juzh

Phil wrote:Never saw a replay on what exactly happened or how he was passed in turn 6.
This is ves on ric from vet's perspective
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miABX_NOj98

and this is vet a few laps later
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK2LEluMlw8

Jolle

For me it looks like Ricciardo needs the summer break more then everybody. He had a tough second part of the first half. Could have won Esp and Mon but, out of his control didn't. After then he got a bit gritty, that he was entitled to win a title and that his clock wat ticking. Not good signs for his state of mind.

If we go even further back, he had a verstappen like entrance into the big team with a ability to be on the right time be in the right spot with his three victories and beating Vettel constantly. In 2015 RedBull had a bad year, but still he had the upper hand over Kvyat, trying out the role as team leader. Early parts of 2016 looked like to be a combination of the two, but then Max happend and suddenly he was not in the right place on the right time anymore (the forced luck factor).

This summer break he going to need to do some mental searching and find his groove again. RedBull need him as experienced their team leader. Don't forget, Webber lost he battle with Vettel not only because Vettel is a fast cocky basterd, but more because Webber forgot to step up as the team leader. The moment they say/think "yes but Vettel" (in Webber's case) or "yes but Lewis" (in Rosbergs case) they will loose out. The moment Webber said "not bad for a number two driver" vettel know he had him.

For Verstappen, he has got time but for some reason he doesn't need it. He's got the trades of the big ones. If you look at Hamilton, Alonso and Vettel, what they all did, throughout their careers is beating their teammates. Looks like Ricciardo is (at the moment) more like a Kimi or Jenson then a Lewis or Alonso.