2016 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
bhall II
bhall II

Re: 2016 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

ripper wrote:Marchionne was shocked to discover that Allison's team had shot down and discarded technical solutions from some lower level Ferrari engineers, that then were used on the Mercedes car that is dominating for the third year in a row.
Correlation equals causation? That's depressing.

Vasconia

Raleigh wrote:
bhall II wrote:It's like he wants the team to suck...
Sergio Marchionne in the Racing Department wants to simplify procedures to speed up developments on the car. You do not win only with the quickest car
Can someone translate this? Google's translation is no easier for me to understand.

Ciò che ha sconvolto Sergio Marchionne è stato scoprire che nei cassetti di alcuni ingegneri del Cavallino, finiti in secondo piano nell'organizzazione di James Allison, sarebbero venute fuori diverse soluzioni tecniche che erano state proposte (e subito bocciate) e che poi si sono viste sulla Mercedes che per il terzo anno di fila sta dominando il mondiale.

http://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrar ... ry-825226/
Paraphrasing what I can make out from translate,

Marchionne shocked to discover that Allison's team has shot down and discarded technical solutions from some lower level Ferrari engineers without trying them at a time when Mercedes have dominated 3 championships in a row.

If I'm reading this right, Marchionne seems to think Ferrari should be trying every technical solution that comes across the TDs desk in some frantic attempt to catch up to Mercedes. Not a good sign.
A solution which has been used by the dominant team should be, at least, tried. Perhaps he was shocked because he didnt receive a satisfactory explanation of why those solutions were discarded.

wickedz50
wickedz50

Vasconia wrote:
Raleigh wrote:
bhall II wrote:It's like he wants the team to suck...

Can someone translate this? Google's translation is no easier for me to understand.

Ciò che ha sconvolto Sergio Marchionne è stato scoprire che nei cassetti di alcuni ingegneri del Cavallino, finiti in secondo piano nell'organizzazione di James Allison, sarebbero venute fuori diverse soluzioni tecniche che erano state proposte (e subito bocciate) e che poi si sono viste sulla Mercedes che per il terzo anno di fila sta dominando il mondiale.

http://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferrar ... ry-825226/
Paraphrasing what I can make out from translate,

Marchionne shocked to discover that Allison's team has shot down and discarded technical solutions from some lower level Ferrari engineers without trying them at a time when Mercedes have dominated 3 championships in a row.

If I'm reading this right, Marchionne seems to think Ferrari should be trying every technical solution that comes across the TDs desk in some frantic attempt to catch up to Mercedes. Not a good sign.
A solution which has been used by the dominant team should be, at least, tried. Perhaps he was shocked because he didnt receive a satisfactory explanation of why those solutions were discarded.
Keep trying for next 5 years and the result will be the same. This man owes no responsibility. When will the board get rid of him?

Schuttelberg

As a Vettel fan, this season can't end soon enough!
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

bhall II
bhall II

The situation isn't as bad as it seems.

(It's worse.)

basti313
basti313

Schuttelberg wrote:As a Vettel fan, this season can't end soon enough!
Why? I can not picture anything more interesting than Vet starting last. With a clean Q he would be starting from P5 and finishing P5...
Don`t russel the hamster!

Schuttelberg

basti313 wrote:
Why? I can not picture anything more interesting than Vet starting last. With a clean Q he would be starting from P5 and finishing P5...
I think we fans have had enough 'interesting' situations for the season. You are presuming he would start 5th. I think it's a track he's ace on and I think he could have challenged for the front row. Even if not, I think with his speed in the race he could have been a factor for the 3rd place, at least.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

FW17

"Maurizio Arrivabene, the boss of the Ferrari formula one team, spent six hours in custody in Singapore after discarding a cigarette on the street, according to reports in various media."

Vasconia

Schuttelberg wrote:
basti313 wrote:
I think we fans have had enough 'interesting' situations for the season. You are presuming he would start 5th. I think it's a track he's ace on and I think he could have challenged for the front row. Even if not, I think with his speed in the race he could have been a factor for the 3rd place, at least.
No, the box would have ruined his chances of achieving this, like they did with Kimi. :(

basti313
basti313

Vasconia wrote:
Schuttelberg wrote:
basti313 wrote: Why? I can not picture anything more interesting than Vet starting last. With a clean Q he would be starting from P5 and finishing P5...
No, the box would have ruined his chances of achieving this, like they did with Kimi. :(
Maybe Vet would have had a chance to pull a good 2-stop. With the possibility to put strategic pressure on Merc with two cars it would have been easier. For Ham the 3-stop was a "nothing to loose" choice. With a Ferrari close behind it would have been harder to make that choice. Without the fast Vettel times I think noone would have chosen a 3-stop anyways.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Vettel was fast because he had fresh US available to him plus a new PU and gearbox.
The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…

sosic2121
sosic2121

Suring 2015 Ferrari had good aggressive strategies.
What the hell is going on this year!?
Is Ferrari's pit wall ran by children!?

I simply don't understand what have they done to Kimi!?

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Another great strategy from one and only Jock Clear. =D> He surely is an asset to any team he is in and has successfully replaced Antonio Spagnolo as one of the best member in the team.

ME4ME

Silent Storm wrote:Vettel was fast because he had fresh US available to him plus a new PU and gearbox.
Do you suggest a new PU and Gearbox makes any notable difference around Singapore? Kimi isn't exactly on a old unit either..

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

ME4ME wrote:
Silent Storm wrote:Vettel was fast because he had fresh US available to him plus a new PU and gearbox.
Do you suggest a new PU and Gearbox makes any notable difference around Singapore? Kimi isn't exactly on a old unit either..
Kimi was using his gearbox for the 4th time, and yes it does make a small difference as he could use it in a aggressive setting for a longer period of time because he didn't have to worry about the reliability of it. (Remember how they were restricted on doing less laps in Monza FP1) He can push it a bit harder than Kimi for the next races too.