2016 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

2016 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Ferrari

Team: Scuderia Toro Rosso
Base: Faenza, Italy
Team principal: Franz Tost
Technical director(s): James Key

Race drivers: 33 Image Max Verstappen & 55 Image Carlos Sainz, Jr.

Test drivers : ????

Chassis: STR11
Engine: Ferrari V6 Turbo

2015 position: 7th (67 pts)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is to discuss the 2016 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 TEAM
Discussion about the pre-launch 2017 Scuderia Toro Rosso STR11 F1 CAR: CLICK HERE
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

ME4ME

Re: 2016 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Ferrari

Toro Rosso going all-in:
"We re-planned the manufacturing processes and decided to go for a three-shift, across seven days, 24 hours to be ready for the first test," Tost told Autosport.

"From Toro Rosso's side, we can organise everything in the best possible way.

"Our main problem is other suppliers and their Christmas holidays.

"Most of them are closed for a minimum 10 days and this will make it tough for us."

"We've never had to enforce a 24-hour a day shift pattern for this long before.

"In February, the last days before you finish the car, you sometimes have those days but it's maybe normal for only one or two days.

"But we will have this system in place now for December, January and half of February so two and a half months.

"We have brought in a high number of contractors just for this short period to do this."

Pre-season F1 testing starts on February 22 at Barcelona's Circuit de Catalunya.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/122205

Pretty impressive. I bet it ain't comes cheap for Mr. Mateschitz, but then it was of his own doing.
Kind of get's me excited about 2016, this little team pushing the bounderies in all kind of ways :)

GoranF1
GoranF1

Jock Clear in Ferrari box at Paul Ricard

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

F1NAC

Not for toro rosso. That's for sure :D

turbof1

According to Tost, they will run without a livery during the first test week due time constraints. The car will be blue instead and the actual livery will be revealed the 29th.
#AeroFrodo

Italiano
Italiano

Also, they've comfirmed they'll be running the latest 2015 engine. So a very nice deal, IMHO.
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

adrianjordan

turbof1 wrote:According to Tost, they will run without a livery during the first test week due time constraints. The car will be blue instead and the actual livery will be revealed the 29th.
Any rumours that they're changing livery? Wouldn't really make sense to run a plain car if they're just going to continue running the same livery as they've always run...would it?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

astracrazy
astracrazy

just time constraints apparently
"It will be a blue car," he said, when asked by Motorsport.com about the livery plans.

"We will [present the car officially] on the 29th [of February] because we are so late with everything.

"We want to make a proper paint job as well, so we will present the car only then in Barcelona."

adrianjordan

Any ideas what time the presentation is?

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

oetger

01-03-2016 - 08:15 H ( cet ) Barcelona

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

Damn, was hoping to see the new car today, guess they pushed it back due to the "Time Constraints"

adrianjordan

So it would appear....I wonder if the paint will even by dry!!

ME4ME

adrianjordan wrote:So it would appear....I wonder if the paint will even by dry!!
If not; Free flow-vis :wink:

f1316
f1316

I still don't understand why teams seem unwilling to disguise their little 'nodule' noses better.

There were some greater versions of the full penis noses from 2014 on this forum (I remember an awesome looking Mclaren) but even I - with no photoshop skills nor even photoshop itself - can see that painting the pillars in blue would disguise this better than having the whole section in gold:

EDIT: Or even this (yes, I know they're rubbish! But you get what I'm saying - would love to see good ones btw)

Scuderia1967

Cepsa and Nova Chemicals are gone, joining the ever increasing number of sponsors leaving F1