2016 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jolle
Jolle

Re: 2016 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Ferrari

Vasconia wrote:Carlos had a great weekend, showing speed and consistency. The podium was a real chance taking into account that before the pit-stop he was ahead of Perez and Vettel. But the team did a terrible job(again like in 2015) and all the chances were destroyed. He was really upset.

Kvyat, he needs to calm down. He has speed but he needs to face the reality and try to do his best if he wants to continue in 2017.
Kvyat rapidly needs to find a seat somewhere (my guess is Renault). I think they are going to keep Carlos for a third season, keeping him as "spare" if anything happens with RIC or VES.

Vasconia

Jolle wrote:
Vasconia wrote:Carlos had a great weekend, showing speed and consistency. The podium was a real chance taking into account that before the pit-stop he was ahead of Perez and Vettel. But the team did a terrible job(again like in 2015) and all the chances were destroyed. He was really upset.

Kvyat, he needs to calm down. He has speed but he needs to face the reality and try to do his best if he wants to continue in 2017.
Kvyat rapidly needs to find a seat somewhere (my guess is Renault). I think they are going to keep Carlos for a third season, keeping him as "spare" if anything happens with RIC or VES.
Yes, I have seen some rumours about Kyvit going to Renault. In my opinion Carlos should try to find a place in another team because if Ricciardo decides to stay all the options for him will disappear.

WaikeCU

Red Bull have done that to themselves. One can't deny certain frictions between drivers after the recent swaps within the teams. Ricciardo is upping his game, because of Verstappen, but the team made crucial mistakes that cost Ricciardo races. I don't know, but Ricciardo is probably doubting the team right now. Kvyat is driving around with frustrations, because he lost his ride to Verstappen and now has to settle with a Toro Rosso. Sainz also is a bit frustrated why he isn't in that Red Bull and why Verstappen is. Verstappen might have won in Spain miraculously, but he made a hash out of his Monaco weekend. He crashed three times during the whole weekend, but Horner is mild on Verstappen. Pressure is on Red Bull for making those decisions. If Verstappen ends up in the wall in Montreal, I think they won't be mild this time.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Vasconia wrote:
Jolle wrote:

Yes, I have seen some rumours about Kyvit going to Renault. In my opinion Carlos should try to find a place in another team because if Ricciardo decides to stay all the options for him will disappear.
To be honest, i think Sainz would do good looking for other options either way as i get the feeling he might never run at the mothership team - even if he'd drive the stars to earn them. It was mentioned during the Max > RB transfer, that things were a mess @ Toro Rosso between the Sainz and Verstappen camp, and to cool things off, Max was upgraded to RB and Kvyat demoted. I can't state whether that's actually the truth, but it is an interesting piece of information.

It doesnt really matter whose at 'fault' here, Verstappen camp or Sainz camp, perhaps even both, it makes no difference.
it however does signify something - that the Verstappen-Sainz combo could be a fiesty one. And one might wonder whether the mothership is ready or prepared to take that risk or accept the heavy management neccesary to keep things under control.

Which makes me assume, as harsh as that may be for Carlos, that the chances are remote that Sainz will end up there even if DannyRic would go to for example Ferrari.

Sainz would do smart as to not be too loyal to RedBull, as the past has proven RB isn't quite loyal to their own drivers.
I can imagine him being able to get a driver's seat at Force India, Renault, Williams and perhaps HAAS. If Alfa Romeo actually buys Sauber (this year or at the end of it), if i'd be sainz, i'd hurry over to that team as it is a guaranteed entry for stability, being treated fairly, and the possibility to transfer to Ferrari, if he'd shine.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Vasconia

Manoah2u wrote: Sainz would do smart as to not be too loyal to RedBull, as the past has proven RB isn't quite loyal to their own drivers.
I can imagine him being able to get a driver's seat at Force India, Renault, Williams and perhaps HAAS. If Alfa Romeo actually buys Sauber (this year or at the end of it), if i'd be sainz, i'd hurry over to that team as it is a guaranteed entry for stability, being treated fairly, and the possibility to transfer to Ferrari, if he'd shine.
Thats the point, RB has showed more than once little respect on its own drivers. Renault is an interesting option for the future, I hope he can do it. Sauber´s option could be good if AR buys the team but by now, its not interesting.

ME4ME

Verstappen exit good for Toro Rosso, says Sainz
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verst ... nz-782703/

I start to like the guy more and more. He seems more at ease with himself, more open to the media, and very determined to develop and get a chance to win races and championships. I also like his loyalty to Red Bull who supported him throughout his career.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/31882/ ... title-soon

I think Red Bull would be wise to keep him for the years to come. Either as a back up, if Ricciardo would leave, or as a replacement if either Ricciardo or Verstappen fails to perform.

Although Sainz probably has some options for next year, such as a Renault drive, I think he'd be well of at Toro Rosso. The team has already announced they will go back to using a Renault PU next year, and increase the collaboration and part sharing with Red Bull. I think there is a decent chance that next years Toro Rosso will be better then Williams, Force India and Renault as well.

Vasconia

His loyalty is something respectable but not very wise. RB has never been loyal to is drivers, so Sainz should be inteligente and think if there are REAL chances to jump to RB in a near future. But even if there is any change, would be a good idea to share the team with a driver who is considered the new star of RB? I dont think so.

ME4ME

Lets asume he will be a free man at the end of the season (which i'm not sure so about), what are his options?

- He could go to Renault, but in 2017 they won't be any great. Enstone needs a lot of investment to build up facilities and hire new personell, which will take time because of contract clauses and gardening leaves etc. So by default Renault would be a long term alternative for Sainz, if they want him. But what are the chances of Renault beating Mercedes, Red Bull, Ferrari and Mclaren-Honda even in 3 years time?

- Williams. I don't think they want him, but even if, Williams will only go backwards once Mclaren-Honda and Renault go forwards.

- Force India, same story as Williams.

- Mercedes & Mclaren: nope!

- Ferrari: it's a long shot. Maybe. Possibly. But probably not.

Toro Rosso is a good team to develop at. The lack of competition from RB junior drivers will almost guarantee Sainz a seat for next year if he wants it. TR will probably have a very good car next year, and if Ricciardo in a year or two is out of contract, Sainz could easily take that seat.

I think there is no short term alternative which will give Sainz a shot at winning races. He will have to show patience at least 1 more year, and personally I don't think that's a bad thing.

Vasconia

ME4ME wrote:Lets asume he will be a free man at the end of the season (which i'm not sure so about), what are his options?

- He could go to Renault, but in 2017 they won't be any great. Enstone needs a lot of investment to build up facilities and hire new personell, which will take time because of contract clauses and gardening leaves etc. So by default Renault would be a long term alternative for Sainz, if they want him. But what are the chances of Renault beating Mercedes, Red Bull, Ferrari and Mclaren-Honda even in 3 years time?

- Williams. I don't think they want him, but even if, Williams will only go backwards once Mclaren-Honda and Renault go forwards.

- Force India, same story as Williams.

- Mercedes & Mclaren: nope!

- Ferrari: it's a long shot. Maybe. Possibly. But probably not.

Toro Rosso is a good team to develop at. The lack of competition from RB junior drivers will almost guarantee Sainz a seat for next year if he wants it. TR will probably have a very good car next year, and if Ricciardo in a year or two is out of contract, Sainz could easily take that seat.

I think there is no short term alternative which will give Sainz a shot at winning races. He will have to show patience at least 1 more year, and personally I don't think that's a bad thing.

Your comment has sense but it depends on which seats are free. I agree that Renault will be a better option in 2018, where they should have a good car(not superb but good). But if the seat is free now and no in 2017? shoud he go now because there wont be a free place in 2017? only Carlos knows it.

TR is not a bad option for 2017 but Carlos must think on a long term project because the door to RB is closed unless Ricciardo breaks it and decides to leave.

So Renault and Ferrari are the only good chances. Lets see what happens!

ME4ME

Horner just now pre-qualifying: "Carlos is a valuable asset, he is under contract and an option will be taken up within days".

Vasconia

I was expecting more from TR on this GP. I mean Carlos did an awesome qualy and a quite solid race. But they car didnt look good through the weekend, which was a negative surprise taken into account the track´s characteristics.

Andres125sx

WDC:

10th Carlos Sainz.... 30 points
14th Daniil Kvyat... 23 points

And that´s despite Kvyat did first 4 races with RBR, and that included a podium and 15 points, something Carlos can´t even dream for a single race :shock:

Also, only considering the races where both cars finished, it´s a 4-0 for Carlos

Despite being spanish I´ve never been a huge fan of Sainz junior. I will always admire his father and probably that stopped me from admiring the son too, we all know about children who never performed similar to their parents, but even so they got the chance only because of the name. But Carlos is performing so good he´s earning my admiration day by day =D>

Vasconia

Andres125sx wrote:WDC:

10th Carlos Sainz.... 30 points
14th Daniil Kvyat... 23 points

And that´s despite Kvyat did first 4 races with RBR, and that included a podium and 15 points, something Carlos can´t even dream for a single race :shock:

Also, only considering the races where both cars finished, it´s a 4-0 for Carlos

Despite being spanish I´ve never been a huge fan of Sainz junior. I will always admire his father and probably that stopped me from admiring the son too, we all know about children who never performed similar to their parents, but even so they got the chance only because of the name. But Carlos is performing so good he´s earning my admiration day by day =D>
He is improving day by day, he has been always super fast on qualy, but his consistency on the race is also improving, which is very important.

Too bad that the TR is performing worse and worse with each race. Yesterday was a bad day for Carlos, with YET ANOTHER mistake in the pits, what happens with TR? Kvyat also suffered a bad pit.

Godius

Yes this has become a common thing for STR to mess up their races due to bad pit stop performance. I don't know why they never followed a special program like Williams F1 to nail the pit stops , because it gives you a killer performance boost for the races, especially when you are racing in the busy midfield.

ME4ME

https://twitter.com/redbullracing/statu ... 6885860354 The writing is on the wall for Kvyat..