2016 Force India Racing F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Nflux

Re: 2016 Force India Racing F1 Team - Mercedes

Great result today...we are back in fifth place in the Constructors Championship! =D>

NL_Fer

So no more low drag car like in the past?

Pierce89

NL_Fer wrote:So no more low drag car like in the past?
Even with low drag cars good mechanical grip has always had FI good at Monaco.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Samraj_official

yeah, FI is always good at places where there is heavy dependency on mechanical grip(traction) , but the car always loses to the competition on medium to high speed corners where pure aero grip is essential.

NAPI10

If team can manage similar results in few more races; there is a remote chance of claiming 4th in championship (with a hope that McLaren & Williams won’t take big step during season).

Stalker1

Their first goal should be staying ahead of McLaren. Beating Williams is another story. Although Pat Symonds have said, that they have ended the development work on the FW-38, they still have some ideas and parts which they are going to try out later in the season. The Barcelona after-race testing showed that at least they have some ideas, how to find new set-ups and how to improve the overall pace of the package. In Monaco, Williams were not bad, they had made step forward. Beside that, the FW-36 family have also been competetive on the more faster races, like Canada, Great Britain.
I just hope that both Hulkenberg and Perez will stay in good shape and grab the possibilities like in Monaco.

IamLegend

Samraj_official wrote:yeah, FI is always good at places where there is heavy dependency on mechanical grip(traction) , but the car always loses to the competition on medium to high speed corners where pure aero grip is essential.

Just curious about your comment on lack of aero grip, how do the drivers and Perez in particular manage their tires so well then? At the beginning yes, they did have major tire degradation issues, but lately they have been doing very well in that area.

Coming to the discussion about 4th in the constructors, I think it's important to note that Fi have had a lack of points due to DNF, they have certainly shown they have a great package if they last the race distance. I hope they have more to come and they can confidently challenge Williams and leave Mclaren behind.

Samraj_official

IamLegend wrote:
Samraj_official wrote:yeah, FI is always good at places where there is heavy dependency on mechanical grip(traction) , but the car always loses to the competition on medium to high speed corners where pure aero grip is essential.

Just curious about your comment on lack of aero grip, how do the drivers and Perez in particular manage their tires so well then? At the beginning yes, they did have major tire degradation issues, but lately they have been doing very well in that area.

Coming to the discussion about 4th in the constructors, I think it's important to note that Fi have had a lack of points due to DNF, they have certainly shown they have a great package if they last the race distance. I hope they have more to come and they can confidently challenge Williams and leave Mclaren behind.
if you see in order to get donkeys years out of their tires fi have always gone with full race day setup during qualifying, yes less aero equals more tire deg due to tires sliding more on tarmac but due to more importance on race day setup they have overcome tyre degs, anyways fi always nailed on mechanical grip( traction), 2013 became a toad immediately after F1 changed the construction of the tires.

NAPI10

In an interview, Perez said 'Silverstone will again see something bigger(Updates). Of course we all hope that it will be such a boost like in 2015 – and that we probably could be so bold to look at P4'. So there is a hope for P4 :) :) [-o< [-o<

godlameroso

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plasma_actuator

Nothing in the rules against it, and it's not horribly expensive to implement, you just have to have the right brains behind it.
Saishū kōnā

Facts Only

Another podium for FIF1, an excellent result and a 4th Podium for the team from Perez.

It great to see what a good race team, thoughtful car design and evolution and a decent driver can achieve with a small budget

I think the fever pitch over Hulkenburg being a future champ' and star driver in waiting can be extinguished now. Perez has made him look very average (at best).
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

sosic2121

Another good result for FI!
At the moment they seem to be faster than Williams, and 4th place is looking realistic :-)

Samraj_official

but FI was 0.5 seconds slower than williiams in silverstone quali during dry conditions!!!

domh245

Samraj_official wrote:but FI was 0.5 seconds slower than williams in silverstone quali during dry conditions!!!
Points are only handed out on Sunday though. So long as FI can keep on beating Williams in the race (be it through outright pace or through strategy) then they stand a good chance. Of course, qualifying is important but so long as they are roughly where the Williams are, they can work from there

Samraj_official

domh245 wrote:
Samraj_official wrote:but FI was 0.5 seconds slower than williams in silverstone quali during dry conditions!!!
Points are only handed out on Sunday though. So long as FI can keep on beating Williams in the race (be it through outright pace or through strategy) then they stand a good chance. Of course, qualifying is important but so long as they are roughly where the Williams are, they can work from there
They say that they have a few tiny bits coming up during the next couple of races,and i am sure they are more likely to be invisible changes.