2016 Haas F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
siwillems
siwillems

Re: 2016 Haas F1 Team - Ferrari

I see the (publicising the) practise pit stops as a point of intent- kind off like they're making a statement that they are here and aim to be competitive from the start, I have a feeling of hey will be beating manor next year and giving a few others a run for there money.
Manoah2u wrote:hmm, good excersize if they can manage to do so on a slippery [waxed] floor.

glad to finally see some actual preparations, i've made it no secret i have huge doubts on this foray but i'm pleasantly being surprised by seeing proof of actual work, not jut excistance.

If the FIA entry list is published for 2016 and i'm seeing the car reveal and a pre-season test participation i'll embrace this team to the fullest.
Da de dum, de da da dum.
Da de dum, de da da duh!!!

SteveRacer

I am curious how much there is to learn on a race weekend for the Haas team. All logistics involved with getting the team through the race weekend. How much of the team has previous F1 experience? Will they run into major issues not car related?

brodge
brodge

I notice on the Skysports F1 website that in the interview with Gunether Steiner that on the walls are the drivers numbers... 8 for Roman Grosjean and 21 for ?

VFC_Cipher
VFC_Cipher

Its Esteban Gutierrez. Has been since 30 October, 2015
https://www.haasf1team.com/news/haas-f1 ... -race-seat

empw
empw

Speculation on test drivers? I could see a Ferrari junior being paired or possibly Rossi if he doesn't get the Manor seat.
You great! You magic!

Forza Ferrari!

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/haas- ... ontent=www

ok NOW im gonna support this team.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

bdr529

Manoah2u wrote:http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/haas- ... ontent=www

ok NOW im gonna support this team.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Band wagon jumper :wink:

ME4ME

Was about to say the same, Manoah2u weren't you the long-time disbeliever? Welcome to the supporting side :P

I for one am really excited to see if the different strategy and their relation with Ferrari really enables them to do any better than Caterham, HRT and Marussia. I hope so! Also hoping for a beautiful yellow car 8)

natehall
natehall

My Hopes are that the orders can be shook up, I would love to see Manor, Haas, McLaren etc regularly competing for points. I would love for a single tier F1 where all cars have a chance to score points and podiums on there day..

That would also make the sport more exciting

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

yes i've been one of the deepest critical and doubtfull members here on the Haas foray.
i however did always state that i'd love for an US team to succeed and that i'd believe it
if i saw it. As for now, i think they have reached a moment where its real substance and
not 'words' like the former USF1 process.

i am not calling this jumping on the bandwagon for its really not that at all.

it is about being happily surprised that it really IS happening, and therefore, their investment
and energy put into it to actually make it can be applauded. Thats why i support this underdog
and am genuinly hoping the best for them.

i still have my reserves, mainly due to the failed-redbull head now being responsible for this team.
but having finally some crucial stuff happening, i can believe this is really happening, and for that
i can start actually taking their words for real.

so yes, i have been indeed probably THE MOST critical on them. But that does NOT equal that i dont
want them to succeed. For them to actually make it, despite my severe critisism, only means they
absolutely DESERVE to be praised for actually 'making it'. So i'm not running from that, and i'm not
running from thus having been wrong on my assumptions on them, even though these assumptions
were based upon substance.

so again, kudos to Haas now. now i want to see that ride and see it run!
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

and with that:

how AWESOME would it be to have a Mclaren-like livery for Haas from the good ol' marlboro days?
just look at this promo shot!

DO IT!

SteveRacer

This might be a dumb question. When do the restrictions on Haas' testing begin? Is it the new year, first time the car hits the track? Could they be testing on a circuit now if they were ready?

bdr529

Manoah2u wrote: i am not calling this jumping on the bandwagon for its really not that at all.
It was a joke hence the wink ( :wink: )

Here's just a few of your thoughts from days gone by
- it would astonish me if Haas would be concidered a grid spot.
- You can just forget about any Ferrari influence with the HAAS american team.

You may want to undo a button or two, your going to be eating a lot of crow :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

PlatinumZealot

Manoah2u wrote:and with that:

how AWESOME would it be to have a Mclaren-like livery for Haas from the good ol' marlboro days?
just look at this promo shot!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYEbJOyUEAE255R.jpg

DO IT!
So red and white it is then. That is three red teams on the grid now.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

bdr529 wrote:
Manoah2u wrote: i am not calling this jumping on the bandwagon for its really not that at all.
It was a joke hence the wink ( :wink: )

Here's just a few of your thoughts from days gone by
- it would astonish me if Haas would be concidered a grid spot.
- You can just forget about any Ferrari influence with the HAAS american team.

You may want to undo a button or two, your going to be eating a lot of crow :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
i will, and i'm actually happy about that! :P can i atleast grill or fry them before taking them down?