2016 Haas F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
iotar__

Re: 2016 Haas F1 Team - Ferrari

FrukostScones wrote:http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... as-whiners

sheesh, bought himself a 2015 Ferrari car (with 2016 PU) and now bragging about how good they are...
Sure #-o , except for suspension which is 2013 Lotus. That's not how F1 works.

- Haas approach is obviously a pathology (nothing has changed) but not even in the top 100 of pathologies in F1 as people like Symonds complaining about it forgot to mention. Dozen in the top 100 would be related to Williams, starting with Ecclestone's money for nothing and engine supplier boss' wife wasting testing time.

- it wasn't Haas that designed this system but Ecclestone and big team (long time ago), I don't recall anyone whining then, why? The answer is: stooge teams are meant to run at the back and not scoring points, that's the rub and the only reason for complaints now. Marussia with Williams' and Mercedes' parts is perfectly fine.

mkable1370

sheesh, bought himself a 2015 Ferrari car (with 2016 PU) and now bragging about how good they are...
You really give Haas no credit for working within the rules and fielding a competitive (midfield) car right from the get-go. Hats off to them for their immediate successes. Oh, and I'm sure you realize Haas has done quite a bit more than simply buy a 2015 Ferrari with which to go racing.

FW17

While Haas is right with list of parts, where did the aero concept come from?

That concept was completely done by Ferari staff contracted to Haas for a short while. That needs to be investigated as that is IP transfer between teams which is not allowed.
Suspension concept also would have been done Ferrari as it is completely linked to aero. Definitely there would have been inputs from Haas staff but there was just too much input from Ferrari.

giantfan10

FW17 wrote:While Haas is right with list of parts, where did the aero concept come from?

That concept was completely done by Ferari staff contracted to Haas for a short while. That needs to be investigated as that is IP transfer between teams which is not allowed.
Suspension concept also would have been done Ferrari as it is completely linked to aero. Definitely there would have been inputs from Haas staff but there was just too much input from Ferrari.
The FIA already investigated it when Mercedes asked for a clarification of the rules and Ferrari and Haas were found to be completely above board. Nothing but a bunch of sour grapes from the teams they are ahead of and the fans of those teams.
Would you prefer they were at the back behind Manor? Im willing to bet their wouldnt be a word said about the rules from Williams and the rest whining about it.
Maybe it would be better accepted if the person leading the complaining wasnt a confirmed cheater.

ME4ME

In my opinion Haas did all the right things and exploited the regulations to the maximum in able to be competitive this year.

What will really make or break Haas' F1 entry is if they are able to be competitive next year. They no longer have unlimited windtunnel time, and have to balance current-year development with next years car development.

giantfan10

ME4ME wrote:In my opinion Haas did all the right things and exploited the regulations to the maximum in able to be competitive this year.

What will really make or break Haas' F1 entry is if they are able to be competitive next year. They no longer have unlimited windtunnel time, and have to balance current-year development with next years car development.
Im thinking they will be a solid midfield team fighting for 7-10th next year
The rules next year are not as extreme as some might suggest

sgth0mas

Its amazing that you turned that article into bragging.

Haas is calling out exactly what you and so many others are doing...whining. They did things right going into it unlike the last several have...and all the current teams can do is cry about it.

This sport seems to have the highest percentage of fans and media coverage that just whine and complain. Im sure ive done my share of it too but not near the magnitude that is typical for f1. Is it the media in europe that drives this? Is soccer like this? I know American sports definitely dont see this level of media and competitors crying about other teams that are well within the rules...

FW17

giantfan10 wrote:
FW17 wrote:While Haas is right with list of parts, where did the aero concept come from?

The FIA already investigated it when Mercedes asked for a clarification of the rules and Ferrari and Haas were found to be completely above board. Nothing but a bunch of sour grapes from the teams they are ahead of and the fans of those teams.
Would you prefer they were at the back behind Manor? Im willing to bet their wouldnt be a word said about the rules from Williams and the rest whining about it.
Maybe it would be better accepted if the person leading the complaining wasnt a confirmed cheater.
Ferrari IA investigated the benefit to Ferrari. Haas was not a competitor in 2015 so what ever benefit they received from Ferrari were not investigated. Now they can as they used Ferrari IP.

FrukostScones

sgth0mas wrote:

Its amazing that you turned that article into bragging.

Haas is calling out exactly what you and so many others are doing...whining. They did things right going into it unlike the last several have...and all the current teams can do is cry about it.

This sport seems to have the highest percentage of fans and media coverage that just whine and complain. Im sure ive done my share of it too but not near the magnitude that is typical for f1. Is it the media in europe that drives this? Is soccer like this? I know American sports definitely dont see this level of media and competitors crying about other teams that are well within the rules...
well within the rules...??? complete gray are.. now closed, never ever no other newcomer team will have the opportunity to do that again. Chapeaux for that smart deal, but well, still cheaters imo.

An autosport.com asks if Haas/Ferrari model points thw way to future of F1??? It was a one off constellation that worked once and will not be repeated. Ever. So only who won is Haas and Ferrari, applause.

Let Haas have fun building their 2017 challenger on their own (no wonder they are hiring :mrgreen: )...

Only good thing of the story is that Ferrari might be able to challenge Mercedes this year.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

strad

so many sour grapes... Tell me of any F1 team NOT looking to hire a few good engineers???
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

stefan_

It's really funny to see people's reaction because if Haas entered as an all-new team, with almost zero support from another team (like HRT or Caterham), people would have bashed them and say there are moving chicanes pieces of s**t two seconds off the pace and should go away.

If Haas entered F1 as they did and they actually are a really decent team, it's still not good because they found a loophole in the regulations, they are Ferrari B-Team, they must not get any credit for their performance etc.

People should make up their mind, but in the s**t state F1 is right now, having Haas around is a good thing - it proves that if you want and if you think about it properly, you can have a decent team in F1.

The thing I don't like is that Ferrari has the "moral" control over Haas, and they dance as Ferrari sings.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

strad

The thing I don't like is that Ferrari has the "moral" control over Haas, and they dance as Ferrari sings.
Really?
I've read just the opposite. What doo you mean by "moral"
control.
These teams have no morals. :lol:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

SteveRacer

FrukostScones wrote:
sgth0mas wrote:
well within the rules...??? complete gray are.. now closed, never ever no other newcomer team will have the opportunity to do that again. Chapeaux for that smart deal, but well, still cheaters imo.
This is no different than teams using double diffusers, f ducts, blown diffusers. Rules were later written to disallow these "loop holes". I guess those teams are cheaters too?

Logie

My view on it is they had 2 options.

Do what they did now which prob cost them say for example $300 mil over a season.

Or, come in as a new team and spend $150million but nothing works, car breaks, cars slow. Might up having to spend tons of money to try catch up and solve problems.

Lots of clever people around this sport, I think they made the best choice and I bet other are thinking "Dam how did we miss that"

scuderiafan

Gunther Steiner reports that the team are no longer working on the 2016 car, and are focusing full time on next years chassis

http://www.grandprixtimes.com/news/id/12535
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...