2016 Haas F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
adrianjordan

Re: 2016 Haas F1 Team - Ferrari

Lord_Shaitan wrote:I believe Saxo Bank is still personal sponsor of Grosjean. I expect to see the same story as was in 2015 when logos of Goodwill and Total were visible only on Romain's overall:
http://cdn-4.motorsport.com/static/img/ ... 1-team.jpg
I'll be godsmacked if Total are involved in Haas F1 even just as a personal sponsor for Grosjean. I think it's 100% certain Haas will be using Shell, thanks to their Ferrari tie-in, and they won't want a competitor sharing space with them.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Lord_Shaitan

adrianjordan wrote:I'll be godsmacked if Total are involved in Haas F1 even just as a personal sponsor for Grosjean. I think it's 100% certain Haas will be using Shell, thanks to their Ferrari tie-in, and they won't want a competitor sharing space with them.
By "the same story" I meant Saxo Bank will have its appearance only on Romain's suit, helmet, etc :) . Total and Romain for obvious reasons have splitted, though I'm not sure how things will look with Goodwill.

superdowg316

adrianjordan wrote:
Lord_Shaitan wrote:I believe Saxo Bank is still personal sponsor of Grosjean. I expect to see the same story as was in 2015 when logos of Goodwill and Total were visible only on Romain's overall:
http://cdn-4.motorsport.com/static/img/ ... 1-team.jpg
I'll be godsmacked if Total are involved in Haas F1 even just as a personal sponsor for Grosjean. I think it's 100% certain Haas will be using Shell, thanks to their Ferrari tie-in, and they won't want a competitor sharing space with them.
Honestly I'd be even more surprised if they used Shell as an oil sponsor over Pennzoil. It makes sense since Pennzoil is American and the B-spec oil to Shell is some regard, kinda like how Haas is supposed to be somewhat a B-spec Ferrari. Then again Pennzoil does sponsor one of Haas' NASCAR rivals so maybe that would interfere with that idea?
Friendship with Honda ended, Renault is my new (and more reliable) friend.

Italiano

Grosjeans lid for 2016. Saxo bank still here.
https://twitter.com/RGrosjean/status/698544726140723204
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

stefan_

Italiano wrote:Grosjeans lid for 2016. Saxo bank still here.

https://twitter.com/RGrosjean/status/698544726140723204
Good morning :D
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Italiano

Yeah....about that. Repost wasn't intentional, really just a very late morning tbh. :D
#Forza Michael #Forza Jules

PlatinumZealot

Very nice colour scheme!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Scuderia1967

Alpinestars announced as official suplier

f1316

It'll actually be a bit weird of Haas now turn up with a yellow car. All their branding so far had been white with red or black, so a bit odd if the car is completely different.

Shame to say it, but I think we're looking at a fairly run of the mill livery on this one.

FW17

Apparently the wheels made by them

Scuderia1967

f1316 wrote:It'll actually be a bit weird of Haas now turn up with a yellow car. All their branding so far had been white with red or black, so a bit odd if the car is completely different.

Shame to say it, but I think we're looking at a fairly run of the mill livery on this one.
I'm afraid so, too. The yellow livery rumor was started by Gene Haas himself, when he said he'd like to see a yellow car in Formula One. But he didn't say he'd like HIS cars to be yellow... :wink:

j2004p

Scuderia1967 wrote:
f1316 wrote:It'll actually be a bit weird of Haas now turn up with a yellow car. All their branding so far had been white with red or black, so a bit odd if the car is completely different.

I'm afraid so, too. The yellow livery rumor was started by Gene Haas himself, when he said he'd like to see a yellow car in Formula One. But he didn't say he'd like HIS cars to be yellow... :wink:
The rear of the truck suggests that there is still a slim chance of some gold in the livery.

ChrisDanger

j2004p wrote:The rear of the truck suggests that there is still a slim chance of some gold in the livery.
Gold, or reflective yellow? I doubt they'll be slow enough to be considered a mobile chicane.