2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Facts Only

Re: 2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

Yeah I definitely heard that, I think I might have been the one who said it though.

Its based on as much fact as your speculation that it wont be a title winning car.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

Jolle

I admire Lewis his driving but not his idea of good taste... don't know if he allegedly called it a good looking car it is, it might just have "ham" written in gold on it...

GoranF1

Facts Only wrote:Yeah I definitely heard that, I think I might have been the one who said it though.

Its based on as much fact as your speculation that it wont be a title winning car.
I was just kiding of course...i have no idea whats gona happen next year...all i know Alonso will have a better car next year. ;)
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

nevill3

GoranF1 wrote:
Facts Only wrote:Yeah I definitely heard that, I think I might have been the one who said it though.

I was just kiding of course...i have no idea whats gona happen next year...all i know Alonso will have a better car next year. ;)
So you are saying you know for sure that Alonso will be driving for Mercedes next year and the Bottas hype has just been a smokescreen!! :wink:
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

GoranF1

nevill3 wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:

So you are saying you know for sure that Alonso will be driving for Mercedes next year and the Bottas hype has just been a smokescreen!! :wink:
i am saying Mclaren started this years car development even earlier than Honda-Brawn did in 2008
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

ClarkBT11

Mercedes signs Axalta as official 2017 supplier

http://en.f1i.com/news/86459-mercedes-s ... plier.html

ClarkBT11

nevill3 wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:

I hope so Mercedes needs the strongest line up, and if Mercedes are miles in front again the championship will still be interesting.

FW17

I just read a headline "Lewis Hamilton Faces Uphill Battle With Rebuilding Mercedes Team" ROLF

PlatinumZealot

ME4ME wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
ME4ME wrote:
Could you explain that further? I'm amazed by your comment. Makes no sense to me what so ever.
What is there to be amazed about?
Did James ever function at team principal level before? Can't remember that. I always saw him as just the technical guy who does the aerodynamics and wanted nothing of politc.. never seen him in a team principal conference before either.

Remember Mercedes has another step in their heirachy. Paddy was not a technical director as we knew it. There were many technical directors below Paddy, each prominent in their own right and capable enough to be TD of any other team.

http://desktop.motorsportmagazine.com/2 ... index.html
I wouldn't call Paddy's position at Mercedes team principle, that title is more suitable for Toto Wolff's position. Allison did at Ferrari what Paddy did at Mercedes. They were both responsable for the overall technical leadership and had authority over the individual departments and directors. Thus, Allison would be a great replacement based on experience. Also he is very highly rated, I can't understand why you would neglect his managerial experience.

http://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/wp-co ... ce-Spa.jpg
Read the article please. haha
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

ME4ME

PlatinumZealot wrote:Read the article please. haha
I did.

PlatinumZealot

ME4ME wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:Read the article please. haha
I did.
Ok so you see nothing crazy about what i said. The article explains it better than i ever can too.

ME4ME

PlatinumZealot wrote:Ok so you see nothing crazy about what i said. The article explains it better than i ever can too.
I don't see how the article contradicts my statement. We probably have a different idea about the position that Lowe had within the team, as well as a different appriciation of James Allison in a managerial role.

PlatinumZealot

ME4ME wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:Ok so you see nothing crazy about what i said. The article explains it better than i ever can too.
I don't see how the article contradicts my statement. We probably have a different idea about the position that Lowe had within the team, as well as a different appriciation of James Allison in a managerial role.
Check back your first post. You said it made no sense to you, when I said that James allison is not experienced at Paddy's management level. So I directed to that article (written by highly regarded journalist on these issues) which clearly states that Paddy is a higher management level than James ever was.

But it is arguable as you say that shouls noy stop him from taking up paddy's position. Though i doubt it.

domh245