2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ME4ME

Re: 2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

Edax wrote:Otherwise I think there are still some pretty good drivers around in the lower series. Nyck de Vries comes to mind. Though listed by Mclaren junior team he is managed by Anthony Hamilton, which could facilitate a transfer.
What? He lacks even more experience. That's the whole point with Wehrlein.

Fifty

I really hope Nicos April fools post doesn't mean he is staying

Gerhardsa

Edax wrote:
Unc1eM0nty wrote: It's Wehrlein for 2017, not through choice though, Nico's timing of his retirement couldn't have been worse for the team, its left them with no choice at all.
I think it will be Wehrlein, if only for having a german in the team.

Otherwise I think there are still some pretty good drivers around in the lower series. Nyck de Vries comes to mind. Though listed by Mclaren junior team he is managed by Anthony Hamilton, which could facilitate a transfer.
That's just plain silly.
Last edited by Gerhardsa on 13 Dec 2016, 12:57, edited 1 time in total.

Manoah2u

Nyck de Vries
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#-o
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

turbof1

Driver speculation in the Silly Season Topic, please. Once a driver is confirmed, you can discuss him or her in this topic.
#AeroFrodo

TAG

Some interesting commentary here from Ross Braun on Mercedes and the 2017 regulations.
Full Article on F1Fanatic Former Mercedes team principal Ross Brawn is sure the team will not be caught out by the changes to the aerodynamic rules for 2017.

Speaking to the FIA publication Auto, Brawn described how he had instilled a discipline of making early preparations for regulations changes when he was in charge of the team.

2016 and 2017 F1 car designs compared
Side-by-side: How the 2017 rules will change F1 design
“Mercedes will have been pulling resource off this year’s programme onto next year very early, once they saw where they were with the car,” he said.

“If I was there, and I’m sure they’ve carried on a similar philosophy, I’d be saying, ‘Right, we’ve got a strong car, let’s get everyone onto next year’s programme’. I don’t know how many other teams could do that. Success breeds success. Mercedes will be strong next year, despite the greater emphasis on chassis.”
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Manoah2u

TAG wrote: Ross Braun

ROSS BRAUN
Last edited by Manoah2u on 20 Dec 2016, 14:12, edited 1 time in total.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Manoah2u

TAG wrote:Some interesting commentary here from Ross Braun on Mercedes and the 2017 regulations.
Full Article on F1Fanatic Former Mercedes team principal Ross Brawn is sure the team will not be caught out by the changes to the aerodynamic rules for 2017.

Speaking to the FIA publication Auto, Brawn described how he had instilled a discipline of making early preparations for regulations changes when he was in charge of the team.

“Mercedes will have been pulling resource off this year’s programme onto next year very early, once they saw where they were with the car,” he said.

“If I was there, and I’m sure they’ve carried on a similar philosophy, I’d be saying, ‘Right, we’ve got a strong car, let’s get everyone onto next year’s programme’. I don’t know how many other teams could do that. Success breeds success. Mercedes will be strong next year, despite the greater emphasis on chassis.”
yeah, the same was said about RedBull for 2014.
did not happen

same was said about Mclaren/Ferrari for 2009
did not happen

don't get me wrong though, i do think Mercedes will be up front. I am expecting another team to make a good jump forward though.

NathanOlder

2014 Red Bull had no chance as the engine sucked. No matter how good that car was, it was never going to be a title contender.

for 2009, as the original post said, Merc were able to see where they were for 2016 so they could switch early to 2017. In 2008 Ferrari and Mclaren had no choice but to fight 100% all the way to the final race of the season. So 2009 was always at the back of their mind in comparison.

So to shout out Did not happen is a bit much considering the circumstances
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Jolle

Manoah2u wrote:
TAG wrote:Some interesting commentary here from Ross Braun on Mercedes and the 2017 regulations.

yeah, the same was said about RedBull for 2014.
did not happen

same was said about Mclaren/Ferrari for 2009
did not happen

don't get me wrong though, i do think Mercedes will be up front. I am expecting another team to make a good jump forward though.
At the end of 2013 RedBull made such an investment still in that car that Vettel won the last nine races while, for instance, Hamilton was frustrated because they shifted all work to next year...

Don't forget what team topped the WC after the last two big changes...

Manoah2u

True, Brawn-turned AMG Mercedes.
It's a bit wishfull thinking to be honest. I'd like some outrageous battles to be fought between multiple contenders.

GPR-A duplicate2

Jolle wrote:At the end of 2013 RedBull made such an investment still in that car that Vettel won the last nine races while, for instance, Hamilton was frustrated because they shifted all work to next year...

Don't forget what team topped the WC after the last two big changes...
No. Red Bull had designed a car that came with a trick floor and was specifically compatible with 2012 version of tire compounds. For 2013, Pirelli changed the tires and added a steel belt. It had upset the RB plans and they started pressurizing the tires to be changed. Mercedes joined them in chorus as they were suffering from massive tire degradation. Ultimately when the tires were changed, it worked like a charm for RB9, whereas Mercedes realized they have an inherent problem with W04, which has continued from W01. Plus, Red Bull are traditionally late to start work on new car as they go deep in the race season developing the cars. Mercedes anyway had moved on to 2014 long before shelving W04.

FIA checks Red Bull for bending floor
Another secret of Red Bull's dominance in the second half of the season is emerging.

Germany's Auto Motor und Sport said former Stewart and Jaguar designer Gary Anderson, now a technical pundit for the BBC, floated the theory about the RB9.

The car, which in Sebastian Vettel's hands has won the last six grands prix on the trot, caught Anderson's attention recently when images of a rear-facing thermal camera were broadcast.

The images show that the floor just underneath the drivers' feet, the so-called 'tea-tray', was running extremely hot at slow speeds.

Anderson believes Adrian Newey may have found a way to "lift the 'tea tray' away from the track as it gets hot", allowing a lower front ride height.

Auto Motor und Sport reported on Tuesday that Force India also believes the Anderson theory, and that such a solution would be illegal.

So, in India, the FIA's technical delegate Jo Bauer reportedly put Anderson's theory to the test, heating the 'tea tray' to a temperature of 300 degrees C.

"The result? It did not move," said Auto Motor und Sport correspondent Michael Schmidt. "Consequently, the Red Bull RB9 is legal, at least in this area."
Gary Anderson puts Red Bull's success down to lateral thinking - 24 October 2013
Since Formula 1 returned from its summer break, Red Bull have engaged another gear and are dominating in a fashion very similar to 2011.

TYRE CHANGE PLAYS TO RED BULL'S ADVANTAGE

"I think most of Red Bull's improvement is related to the reversion to the 2012 tyre construction that was forced on Pirelli after the multiple failures at Silverstone and how this interacted with their overall car concept."

lio007

Just realised that Mercedes has a new team name:
Mercedes AMG Petronas Motorsport

So the 'formula one team' - part is now 'Motorsport'

Jolle

lio007 wrote:Just realised that Mercedes has a new team name:
Mercedes AMG Petronas Motorsport

So the 'formula one team' - part is now 'Motorsport'
Preparing to (also) go into Formula E or a satellite DTM team in the near future under the same "wing"? Plus their name on the coming AMG Motosport road car?

LookBackTime

What can be seen in the pictures? =D>