2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u

Re: 2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

well there you have it
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Jolle

LookBackTime wrote:What can be seen in the pictures? =D>

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C1RU13TUcAAVNWV.jpg
A training Fin Not dressed in Puma ;-)

nevill3

Scarbs has tweeted that a new TD has outlawed Mercedes trick suspension.
https://twitter.com/ScarbsTech/status/8 ... 4473475072
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

RedNEO

This will please other teams who will effectively be a bit closer to merc without having to lift a finger. Except Red Bull who may get lost in the scramble after it revises its car.

Just_a_fan

At least Mercedes know what the system was worth as they brought it in mid season. They know what to expect of the car when its removed. Presumably they will revert to the "early 2016" system.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

RedNEO

I don't think we will be hearing too many comments describing how the car looks on rails in testing if the system was a key part of the 2017 car.

basti313

Just_a_fan wrote:At least Mercedes know what the system was worth as they brought it in mid season. They know what to expect of the car when its removed. Presumably they will revert to the "early 2016" system.
Why mid season? The chassis changes were already done in 2015 for the 2016 season. As far as I can see it they were running it for the full 2016 season and it was only discovered by AMuS? roughly mid season.
Taking the words of Paddy, I rather looks to me that they were starting to work on the energy recovery when FRIC was banned and already had it in the 2015 car. Thus, the chassis changes for 2016 made it just more powerful by giving it more space.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Just_a_fan

basti313 wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:At least Mercedes know what the system was worth as they brought it in mid season. They know what to expect of the car when its removed. Presumably they will revert to the "early 2016" system.
Why mid season? The chassis changes were already done in 2015 for the 2016 season. As far as I can see it they were running it for the full 2016 season and it was only discovered by AMuS? roughly mid season.
Taking the words of Paddy, I rather looks to me that they were starting to work on the energy recovery when FRIC was banned and already had it in the 2015 car. Thus, the chassis changes for 2016 made it just more powerful by giving it more space.
I was under the impression it was only raced from mid-season. If it was on all year then they might well have a few more difficulties. Pre-season is already all hands to the pumps and this will probably double the work rate for them up to Australia.

It will be extremely funny if Mercedes and RedBull remove their systems and are still faster than Ferrari this coming season. I shall chuckle lightly to myself. :lol:

WaikeCU

Just_a_fan wrote:
basti313 wrote:
I was under the impression it was only raced from mid-season. If it was on all year then they might well have a few more difficulties. Pre-season is already all hands to the pumps and this will probably double the work rate for them up to Australia.

It will be extremely funny if Mercedes and RedBull remove their systems and are still faster than Ferrari this coming season. I shall chuckle lightly to myself. :lol:
IMO Merc had the fastest car last season, but I don't think it's because it has a chassis that is on par with Red Bull. I think last season Red Bull and Honda had a better chassis than Merc, but Merc IMO had the upper hand thanks to a more and better developed aero package, a stronger PU and this trick suspension which is banned right now. I wonder what the effects are without this trick suspension. Will we revert back to early 2013 where the Merc were quick over 1 lap, but eating away its tires on race trim? It's exciting none the least these rumours. If it bunches up the pack even better, but I still want the Merc the car to beat next season.

Facts Only

By Honda I assume you mean McLaren.... and you think that last year they had a better chassis than Merc?!?! What world are you living in?
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

WaikeCU

Facts Only wrote:By Honda I assume you mean McLaren.... and you think that last year they had a better chassis than Merc?!?! What world are you living in?
Sorry my mistake, Yes I meant Mclaren.

I am being realistic out here. I do think they have a (slightly) superior chassis to Merc, but not their suspension invention and aero package and surely not the PU.

So therefor Merc vs. Mclaren:

Merc
+ Aero
+ PU
+ Suspension
- Chassis

Mclaren
- Aero
-- PU
- Suspension
+ Chassis

Which sums up where they stack up in the pack.

Just_a_fan

WaikeCU wrote: IMO Merc had the fastest car last season, but I don't think it's because it has a chassis that is on par with Red Bull. I think last season Red Bull and Honda had a better chassis than Merc, but Merc IMO had the upper hand thanks to a more and better developed aero package, a stronger PU and this trick suspension which is banned right now. I wonder what the effects are without this trick suspension. Will we revert back to early 2013 where the Merc were quick over 1 lap, but eating away its tires on race trim? It's exciting none the least these rumours. If it bunches up the pack even better, but I still want the Merc the car to beat next season.
Surely the "chassis" includes the suspension system? Otherwise it just refers to the tub and that doesn't do much other than carry loads.

If the suspension system used by Mercedes was better than the one used by RedBull, then Mercedes had a better chassis than RedBull.

WaikeCU

Just_a_fan wrote:
WaikeCU wrote: IMO Merc had the fastest car last season, but I don't think it's because it has a chassis that is on par with Red Bull. I think last season Red Bull and Honda had a better chassis than Merc, but Merc IMO had the upper hand thanks to a more and better developed aero package, a stronger PU and this trick suspension which is banned right now. I wonder what the effects are without this trick suspension. Will we revert back to early 2013 where the Merc were quick over 1 lap, but eating away its tires on race trim? It's exciting none the least these rumours. If it bunches up the pack even better, but I still want the Merc the car to beat next season.
Surely the "chassis" includes the suspension system? Otherwise it just refers to the tub and that doesn't do much other than carry loads.

If the suspension system used by Mercedes was better than the one used by RedBull, then Mercedes had a better chassis than RedBull.
Does the floor count?

Maybe I don't know exactly how to define what's in a chassis and what's not? Sorry folks. :?

Facts Only

I needed a good laugh this morning, cheers.
"A pretentious quote taken out of context to make me look deep" - Some old racing driver

WaikeCU

Facts Only wrote:I needed a good laugh this morning, cheers.
Yes, maybe we all should laugh at the person next to you who doesn't know more than you. =D>

One thread I'm going to avoid more often this year: Check!